How many seeds can a bud hold

Hi all I’m just wondering how many seeds a well pollinated bud can hold or just a seeded bud. On the heavy end of things I think 20 seeds would be a lot for an eighth.

5 Likes

How many buds does ONE seed hold???

14 Likes

How many would you like a bud to hold.
Thats like asking how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop.

16 Likes

A fully seeded individual bud can be dozens of seeds.

8 Likes

I’ll count tonight when I shuck some more.

4 Likes

A nice sized pollinated 8th nug would have around 40-60 I bet. You’d be surprised how many seeds pop out

3 Likes

Here we are 6 months later from that one seedling…oh and 400 clones went to 20 other states!

i know i should be medicated…

15 Likes

all that? you aren’t then something’s wrong with that picture! I might even refuse to water them. hmph!?!

2 Likes
3 Likes

A homeless canadian makes it as an american rapper.

4 Likes

infinite :slight_smile:

all the best

Dequilo

4 Likes

It really depends on how many stigmas there are in that bud. Every white stigma that you can pollinate become a seed. I pull 20 seeds out of a bud the size of a quarter easily.

3 Likes

Well the thing is I’m new to this breeding venture, and this is my 3rd attempt to grow seeds. What I did different this time was I put a male plant over the female after 3 weeks of flowering and shook it every day for a week and my buds are almost bursting with seeds! A few times there was so much pollen it choked me up. But stoked it worked this time

2 Likes

I use to pull a ton out of a key of Mexican Brick weed :slight_smile:

5 Likes

One bud can produce an amazing amount of seeds

3 Likes

Man I hope because that was my intention

2 Likes

You’ll be shocked. Get rid of males by mid flower so plants concentrate on finishing seed and not making new ones that will not mature

2 Likes

Will do sir!

2 Likes

I find this breeding to be just as exciting as growing the bud itself

3 Likes

Some strains will hold 1000s of seeds in a bud…some you will only get a few. It is like people, in that some of us are more fertile. It also depends when you put the pollen on. Some plants have a magic few days where they will product twice the seeds if pollenated.

2 Likes