"Yes, I really do need all these plants." šŸ¤£ Autoflowers, photoperiods, bugs, breeding (journal)

Well. You convince her with silver.

Or stress, but the concern is you donā€™t want to breed females that throw male flowers when stressed.

5 Likes

Sounding like Dr. Frankenstein mixing parts to create a beautiful abomination. :laughing:

3 Likes

Ahh, gotchaā€¦ Man, after growing as long as I have been, I have so much more to learn, lol.

This is what happens when you grow in a bubble, haha.

4 Likes

Good news! Harvested the first round of seeds from the Miss Piggy run. Iā€™m worried that one tiny flower right at the start at the base of the Man Bear Alien Pig x Double Grape might have loosed some pollen, so Iā€™ve gone through and removed all the first round of mature seeds. Iā€™ll let them dry a few weeks and then maybe itā€™ll be the right time to grow a whole bunch of them and select for the big ones.

Such sticky plants! I swear some of them donā€™t seem to realize theyā€™ve been pollinated and are blithely continuing on making trichomes right along with the seeds. :rofl: Love those genes!

And hereā€™s Miss Piggy Mom B, growing both leaves and seeds nicely and also starting to frost up :joy:

And this silly crossy cross plant is doing very well. Taking the time to put on some nice size before getting into flower in spite of less than ideal soil. Stem rub is horribly stanky, very nasty, much like her Scarlet Grapes mommy :laughing:

And hereā€™s a shot of the whole little crowd.

My grow room is oherwise empty. I just collected some Miss Piggy pollen and then spayed down the male to get the accumulated pollen off its leaves so it could photosynthesize. I swear they smother themselves sometimes.:joy:
Just two lights making heat in there is plenty, summer is nasty and life has been too full. I want to start my other projects, but havenā€™t had the energy, so itā€™s nice to just let this one chug along.

@Carty thereā€™ll be a nice batch of seeds for you soon, gonna send you the next set of seeds once they ripen in the next couple weeks, that way Iā€™m confident 100% the ones I send you were made with Miss Piggy pollen. :slight_smile:

24 Likes

That has such a nice ring to it piggy pollen ! Didnt you Americans have a vice president oh shit that was Sarah Pallen sorry it was funny in my mind ! Shouldnt smoke drugs ! This might be a stupid question but are those your beans or did you get them from some were for the purpose of the miss piggy project ?

4 Likes

Lol! Politics make me :nauseated_face:.
Yeah, those Miss Piggy beans are from @Carty , I have a desire to make very large autoflower plants, and his Miss Piggy was enormous but he was down to the last few seeds. I offered to do a seed run for him in return for getting to breed her genes into my own projects to go for large size.

I encountered an insanely large plant in the pineapple autos I like, but it was long ago and I didnā€™t have any auto pollen. If I ever find it again Iā€™ll pop out some Miss Piggy or Beast Mode seeds and grow me a male to pollinate it.

5 Likes

I love the names there like so easy to remember these ones with all initials and a couple numbers are so hard to remember for a guy like me i suffer from ODB OCD hiklmnop and i cant remember shit ! So when someone asks me what im smoking the only answer i got is pot ! But miss piggy i went to school with her ! And the other one was her brother ! Easy peszee !

2 Likes

Lol! I think most of those letter assemblages started out as names. Acronyms are kind of a PITA pain in the ass I think.

5 Likes

@Carty I have to put the extra Miss Piggy seeds you found and sent in the fridge until August 20-something. We have to have our main electrical panel replaced and weā€™re adding on a little to have him install an extra circuit so I can power my grow room and my AC and computer. We have to get a permit and inspection of the installation so Iā€™ve got to have only the legal amount of plants here.

The Miss Piggy seed run thatā€™s going will be fine, thatā€™s just 10 plants, but for the next group Iā€™ve been setting up to plant a hundred or more and keep the dozen biggest, but 100 seedlings wouldnā€™t look good, theyā€™d never believe Iā€™m heartless enough to kill most of them. :laughing:

I started harvesting the first round of seeds for you today, just waiting on enough of the ones on the Miss Piggy girls to turn brown. Once Iā€™ve got at least 20 of those Iā€™ll send you a ā€œpreviewā€ / insurance batch like last time. Then the rest of the seeds can take their sweet time. Those girls might even manage a reveg in a few weeks and get some in the next run as well. Itā€™d be asking a lot, but Iā€™ve kept some alive that long.

8 Likes

:drooling_face:
A trial branch ,:drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

3 Likes

Hey buddy was i suposed to get tagged ?

I donā€™t think so, was I going to send you something and forgot?

2 Likes

Planning my next auto run if anyone can spare a few? I document on OG daily.

5 Likes

Is there anything you would be looking for or just a donor ! I will write a list if you want of all the auto i have to see if any make you happy ! Do worry i dont have many but if i can help you i will cheers ! I will drop the list in your pm oh shit leaving for the trailer have to be sunday night ! Sorry

5 Likes

Iā€™d be happy to send you some. :slight_smile: As Thetravler mentioned, is there any sort in particular youā€™re excited to grow?

4 Likes

@RainToday how is the crossed crosses of cross seeds going? Still crossing? :laughing:

2 Likes

Lol!!! Yes, yes they are. Not in a good position for a pic at the moment, but here you are - the main top is doing fine as a lateral now, bending upward at the end. The secondary branches are level with the lights now themselves. Silly big plant. So far it looks to be one that wonā€™t make both trichomes and seeds.

Miss Piggy on the other hand is insanely sticky in spite of the same ā€œfully pollinated from day 1ā€ status. When I went in just now to water and take pics, I found mature seeds! Woohoo! And my fingers got so ridiculously sticky picking seeds off that a seed I thought I dropped just stayed stuck to the bottom of my finger. :rofl: The first seeds on the second mom are nearly ready too.

Also, at first the Miss Piggy was very sweet smelling, but sheā€™s now developed some really sour stinky odors.
Iā€™ll set some Miss Piggy seeds to dry in baked rice, and plan to grow them with the other five f1 seeds you unearthed. That and some stored pollen from male A will be insurance for that group.

Iā€™ll be starting my photo - auto crosses alongside the Miss Piggy, other potential giants, and some pineapple autos. The photos will take a little longer so it ought to work out. Still waiting for the electric work before I start anything, though a few of these plants are getting close to the end so I might be able to get a few replacements started. Or I could revisit my perennial desire to exterminate the pest bugs.

Itā€™s been quite a week. My sister had her second child, and my mom decided itā€™s time to stop working entirely. Iā€™m worn out. My stupid foot is having achilles tendonitis and the back of my heel burns. Blargh. I love my plants though.

Iā€™m growing Atlantic Giant pumpkins, well, so far foliage :rofl: but hopefully some fruits will set soon. For a while during ā€œJuneuaryā€ I thought they werenā€™t going to do much of anything, but then I think the roots must have hit the 5 gallons of compared chicken manure I buried, and the weather got hot at the start of July, and now they are insanely huge fast growing plants :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

17 Likes

Amazing plants, as usually!

Youā€™re cross plans sound like some awesome upcoming plants!!

Congrats to your sister, and your momā€¦ Donā€™t we ask lol forward to that day :grin::grin:. I hope your heel, heals up!

3 Likes

That cross will drop seeds I know it !

Your mom makes me jealous because I wish I could do that lol! Congrats to your sister, both of my sistersā€™ are on their second and trust me It doesnā€™t get better :laughing:

I hope your Achilles heals up, itā€™ll be bad news bears if you catch an arrow there.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve only got 3 auto seed packs so anything will help, I like to grow for variety. Cherry, tangie, sherbanger are my favs if it helps.

4 Likes