You will be missed, Johnny

John Prine a friend of mine for nearly half my life has succommed to this Corona virus.
John wasn’t in the best of health heart attacks and Cancer.

First met John in a small town in Bellevue, Ia at a place called the Old Mill eatery.

You’ll be missed dearly, buddy.

Can’t believe this. I’m stunned and numb.

36 Likes

Sorry for your loss my condolences

10 Likes

Sad news to hear @OleReynard :worried:

My condolences to you and his family.

Hope they find strength in this time of madness

8 Likes

I feel for you brother. My great aunt passed aswell…:pensive:

11 Likes

Condolences.

Rest in peace, John Prine.

6 Likes

Rip JP . He was a great one …

4 Likes

RIP John Prine. You where very lucky to meet him. He was a big part of my life since my teenage years. Went through a lot of his cassettes. This “Illegal Smile” for you John, may you rest in peace and thank you for the many hours spent cruising backroads with you on the stearo

7 Likes

Sorry for your lost @Jamescoldflame :worried:

7 Likes

Your loss is the world’s loss. He was a major talent.

5 Likes

Sorry for your loss.

2 Likes

Very sad news. He recently became one of my favourite musicians (took me way too long to discover his music).

RIP John.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear of your loss @Jamescoldflame

4 Likes

Sorry for your loss brother. Sounds like he was having a tough time. When I lost my mom to cancer I found a little comfort in knowing her pain was was finally over

1 Like

What I find odd is that it seems like 80% of the people replying here have no idea who John Prine is.

We’ve lost another legendary artist folks!

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss , he contributed alot of great music to the world. Was part of the into the wild soundtrack if I remember correctly.

I feel terrible for everyone dealing with losses in this unprecedented situation we’re dealing with. Things have hit pretty close to home for us, but not immediately. Some good friends losing loved ones and stressing without work in some cases, though. Must do what we can to keep the spirits of our friends and family up. It’s a mess out here.

Stay safe and healthy out there guys. @OleReynard @Jamescoldflame you’ll be heavily in my thoughts. My heart aches for your losses. :heart:

2 Likes

Spanish pipedream!

Rest easy, JP. :green_heart:

1 Like

Condolences my fren. My thoughts, blessings, and love for you. Stay strong and keep up the stellar fight.

2 Likes

Very sorry for your losses ,I was introduced to Mr Prine when I was about 12(early 80s),small northern town, would listen to his cassettes on our way out to get firewood for/thru the season(s) over and over , probably dig some up and give my youngsters a listen ,a true artist with an who found his outlet ,RIP Mr Prine , appreciate the memories !
Peace, Love !