My brother passed away today

My older brother (54) was on vacation in Hawaii for his daughter’s 16th birthday. His fiancee found him on the bathroom floor unresponsive Monday morning. EMT’s got his heart restarted, but he had an aneurysm and was in a coma. My parents got to the hospitalization in Hawaii yesterday morning, and were told he had no real brain activity and they couldn’t fix the aneurysm because he was in heart failure. Between my parents, his fiancee, and his best friend of 40 years (who happens to live on Maui) it was decided to remove life support after his other 2 children could FaceTime him goodbye. So this morning he was placed on comfort care and passed surrounded by his closest loved ones.
I just needed to write this down to help myself.

89 Likes

I am so sorry for your families loss.

4 Likes

my condolences. I am sorry for your loss.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that, condolences to you and your family.

2 Likes

Deepest condolences to you and your family, you’ll all be in my family’s thoughts and prayers.

3 Likes

Thank you. It’s been hitting me in waves, so I just needed an outlet.

10 Likes

Sorry for your and your families loss. Lost my at the time 38 years old to brain cancer. Just a horrible situation . I hope u guys find comfort in this tough time. Sending love and great vibes…

4 Likes

Really sorry for your loss, i wish you and your family nothing but the best!

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear about your brother

1 Like

I feel for you brother. Stay strong. Wishing you and your family the best.

1 Like

So sorry for you and your families loss, I’ll keep you in my thoughts

2 Likes

Condolences to you and your family, I feel your pain i lost my little brother in a similar way a few years ago. Keep your head up stay strong.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear. Never easy losing a loved one. I will pour one out tonight for your bro.

2 Likes

My sincerest condolences to you and your family.

Try to hyperfocus on the good memories and be strong for your loved ones.

3 Likes

I’m very sorry for your family’s loss. Take care of yourself in this time.

1 Like

Condolences to you and the family. @MrHamilton
I’m sorry to hear of your brother’s passing. May he rest easy. :fist:t3:🪶🪶

1 Like

My condolences :pray:t2: Such a heart breaking story for you and your family. It’s very strong of you to open up about it, and keep it that way. May he rest in peace.

Pz :v:t2:

3 Likes

Please accept my sincere condolences. That is heartbreaking.

I’m glad you shared this with the folks on here.

1 Like

Hard to give a like on this one. Condolences from Mrs.Lz and myself :pray:

1 Like

Sorry Homie

1 Like