She said yes!.new indoor grow

well i hummed and hawed for quite awhile but got the wife to let me grow in the basement again. i have a nicer and much bigger room in the barn but it’s too hard to get water to in the winter[5 gal carboys in a small cart dragging it through snow every day].too much work .
so i downsized to my smaller room and it’s approx 6ft x 5ft.still a pretty good size. going to start off with 2 -315 cmh and possibly add more when flowering starts.now the work starts , getting fans up and ductwork holes drilled. i didn’t have this done the last time i grew in there as i really didn’t know what i was doing at that point[still not sure i do . but for shits and giggles let’s pretend i do.] i only grew 1 crop in there as i grew mostly outside at that point, it was a complete disaster with so little ventilation.
pm was really bad . ended up binning those plants.here’s a shot of what i’m going to run this time . hopefully we get some fem’s as these are regular.

this is uncle fester’s skunk#18.hoping for four females out of nine seeds with any luck.here’s where they are now as of this morning.

the mighty green is an outdoor plant i’m starting as a mother.

one of the orange sunshine dried out overnight and doesn’t look good . doubt it’ll live . everything else is good though.the next tray is blueberry cough for 4 and timewarp x fresian dew for 6. looking for outdoor moms for next season. have to sex these as they are photo reg’s.

the one at the left side is incredible bulk. trying to bring it back to veg to use as a mother.
well that’s all there is for this week . time to get some work done in the room .

43 Likes

Congrats! Look forward to seeing you build the room and also grow updates.

9 Likes

How could she refuse your sweet face bud :kissing_heart::rofl:

Glad you got some more on the go, those other seeds went in the post today for you.

Looking good so far, interested to see how the skunk 18 and orange sunshine do for you.

15 Likes

Hell yeah! Good looking lineup there and lots of space to get big! Lets go! :popcorn:

6 Likes

Everything is looking nicely green.

“Can we have a pool dad can we have a pool dad can we have a pool dad?”

Persistence pays off :slight_smile:

10 Likes

yeah ,had to wait a few years until she forgot how much work it was to clean everything in your house from smoke damage. gets into everything,all the drawers ,all your clothes and bedding, even all the dishes . you never realize how much stuff you have until you have to clean every single thing in your house,including all the walls and ceilings.all from a faulty fan. you would think it would blow the breaker if it overheated that badly but it didn’t.guess it still didn’t draw more than 15 amps.

10 Likes

time for an update.plants are growing nicely and i’m pretty near finished the room.
i had a hard time figuring out ventilation as the room is 4 cement walls. i managed to
pry a cement block out of one corner to put the exhaust fan.then the problem was how to get some fresh air in there . the only option i could come up with was to cut a hole in the entrance door and put in a passive intake. i then made a flap for the inside out of plastic cardboard that opens when the fan comes on.right now the exhaust fan is coming on for one hour then off for an hour 24 hours a day.
here is some shots of the plants.first up is timewarp x fresian dew.the fresian dew seemed to improve the flavor and potency.these will be outdoor plants for next spring once i find a winner.

next up is the 4 blueberry cough from seed[reg]. hoping for a new mom and who knows maybe there will be a different pheno as well. time will tell.i only ever grew the first seeds and got one mother that was great so i never tried the rest of the seeds until now.probably close to ten years since i planted the first ones.

next is orange sunshine and maui sunshine thanks to the og community.

these will be grown indoor as well as uncle fester’s skunk.this is a shot of the skunk.

the three on the right are mighty green . looking for an outdoor mother with this one.grew it for quite awhile years ago then it seemed to get weaker every year so i finally dumped it. not sure if it’s going to be worth it or not. may try just one outside to see.
this is a couple of shots of the room and ventilation as it progresses.

just gave the bigger ones their first fertilizer today.the indoor ones were started later so i’ll wait another week before feeding. my soil has a starter charge so really don’t need much at first.
well that’s it for this week . any comments\suggestions are welcome.happy growing people!

16 Likes

Looking good buddy, that’s what I have done in my flower room, just a black plastic garbage bag secured over the hole that opens a bit when the fan comes on works very well for me.

Plants are looking happy, will be watching intently to see how those Orange and Maui Sunshine and Uncle Fester Skunk come up. Just popped some in water myself today going with 4 strains atm, on top of the Tranquil Elephantizer Remix I have in 1 liter pots waiting for the bigger pots to free up.

Thought I would do some Caramel Candy Kush, Goji Orange, Marauder and Jedi Glue for starters then work on from there.

6 Likes

so many awesome sounding strains. you must be in seed heaven.

5 Likes

Looking good. Heard many good things about orange sunshine lately

6 Likes

time for another update. plants are growing nicely now . the timewarp x freiseland are doing well ,but i thought they would lean more toward the sativa side. it’s ,almost hard to tell from the blueberry cough which is mostly indica.i grew one of these last year but can’t remember what the leaves were like.well all six of them look exactly the same .no variance at all.planted a few more along with some bbc x freiseland to see if anything looks more sativa . here’s a pic of timewarp x freiseland.

next up is some more outdoor gear for spring mothers. the two in brown pots are pineapple express,
the other three small ones are blueberry cbd. small one in the left rear is green dragon by lucky 13 seeds.this one is for inside for now.
the left front one is mighty green[outdoor] and right is uncle festers skunk#18[indoor]
next is more indoor ones, maui sunshine on the left and orange sunshine on the right except the right front plant which is mighty green.
had a little trouble with the orange sunshine as the leaves started to yellow up a bit. gave them some sea boost and a small drop of nutes .they seem to be coming around now though.
had to start repotting these and took the table out . seemed to close to the light for some of the smaller plants and i was getting some leaf curl on a couple of plants. now on racks on the floor so lots of room.
next up is the blueberry cough for four.all from seed and seem to be doing great. thought i might find a different pheno but they look pretty much the same so maybe not.these are for outdoor as well. most of the outdoor will be moving to a friends room to get the spring crop ready so i’ll have plenty of room to do an inside crop.

up next is two uf skunk at the rear of the tray,one mighty green on the left and incredible bulk in front. trying to reveg this one as it got away on me . i received it earlier than i thought and wasn’t ready so it sat in a window for awhile.anybody know any tricks to bring it back?
well today i’ll repot more of the indoor ones and try to get the heat dialed in.playing with the fan controller and timing. how much do you guys leave the extraction fan going?right now it’s on for an hour and then off for an hour. what do you think ,is that enough ? any comments \suggestions are very welcome .thanks for stopping by.

7 Likes

sorry missed the last picture there.also wanted to mention alot of these were planted at different times hence the size difference.

8 Likes

My extraction fan is hooked up to my heat and humidity controller to run when it gets to hot or humid. What were you using in the barn grow room to control temps down there?

My recent experience with re vegging shows 24 hour light for about 3 - 4 weeks will bring them back, some strains are slower.

2 Likes

@shadey i was using the same as you but i wanted to try to get more fresh air to the plants. i’m using the heat controller on the heater for when the lights are out. maybe i don’t need as much fresh air ,so could go back to putting the temp controller on exhaust fan.

3 Likes

Looking great, and nice line up.
So did your fan catch on fire last time??

2 Likes

The orange sunshine is one of the hungriest plants I’ve ever seen. I mix up a separate stronger batch of nutes just for it, it can’t seem to get enough!

3 Likes

@HaRdRoC yes it caught on fire all right .the fan was housed in a plastic case and the motor
actually burned it’s way out of the plastic case and fell into a bucket with no plant but very dry potting mix.that smouldered for not sure how long and filled the house top to bottom with smoke , the dog and cat were hiding in the basement trying to get away from it when the wife got home. she called me and i flew home at breakneck speed passing everything in sight .she had most of the smoke vented by the time i got home but then we had to clean everything in the house and try to get rid of the stink.you’d never realize how many things you have in your house until you have to clean every one of them.took us weeks to wash all the walls and every little space .let’s just say lesson learned , now i use a laser thermometer to check component temps as well as plug connections .dry potting soil is just like charcoal , will burn for a long time.one of those freak things iguess.
@beacher .thanks for that info. iv’e only fed lightly so far but they are a month old now so i think i can up it and not worry about overfeeding.

9 Likes

Holy shit man, that’s awful, glad it didn’t burn your place down

5 Likes

Wow that is a wake up call to the rest of us!
Thanks for sharing but very sad that happened to you.
Never had a fire (knock on wood) but i did let a soot covered bird into my house through my wood stove.
Still have a hard time believing all the damage it caused. Paintings, walls, furniture, ceilings … all had to be cleaned or tossed.
Finally chased him out but when I realized how much stuff he ruined I wished I had wrung his neck.

I have an automatic fire extinguisher over my tents.
I pray that it will never have to go off.

5 Likes

Which brand fan? Are you still running them?

3 Likes