Zombie Apocalypse Weed Storage

Hello guys! It’s me again… HAHAHAHA!

Like you all know, it’s legal for me to grow for my own use 100%, unless they catch you selling it, then it’s 8 to 13. But, if this six plants i got come out half as good as i expect them to; i am gonna have more weed than i am gonna be able to smoke. If i have it laying around the house the devil might want to tempt me, but no man! Gotta store it, it’s not for sale.

How would you guys store the weed for long term storing?

Picture a Zombie Apocalypse, how would you safeguard your cured flowers for later use?

I thought about a PVC tube, sealed with good glue, buried in the yard. Inside vaccum sealed bags of weed…

Any other ideas!

in my experience, weed usage goes up - way up - when you grow your own! Nothing wrong with that. You’ll be preventing cancer with every bowl smoked!

I like to keep the herb cooled in the refrigerator, in vacuum-sealed mason jars. If the jars no longer fit in the fridge I’ll use the basement which is around 50 degrees F. If it’s only a couple months of storage I would just leave them in the coolest part of the house. If it’s longer than a few months vacuum sealing makes a big difference in keeping the green color and fresh flavor.

2 Likes

I’d consider something along the lines of the c-vaults.

1 Like

C vaults or vac jars. Or just mason jars in a cool dark environment! Dj short cures in mason jars for several years for his favorite smoke.

2 Likes

c-vaults look cool! never heard of them before

https://www.cvaultstorage.com/index.php?route=common/home

I use this ghetto mason jar sealer - junky quality but works great - you can use it with any jar that has a metal lid:

http://www.pump-n-seal.com/info.htm

2 Likes

Ultra long term storage? You are not far off when you ask the PVC question. Place sealed bags of fully dried and cured product inside a PVC pipe plain cap on one end threaded cap or clean out plug for the other then you have two options

1. Vacuum seal, heat PVC tube with propane torch . While pipe is hot seal up threaded end. When pipe cools it will be under a vacuum.
  2. Nitrogen , nitrogen will displace oxygen in tube seal with cap nitrogen is how many products such as potato chips are bagged
4 Likes

I store large amounts in big jars and after making sure it is not too damp i leave it in a cool dark spot for up to a few years. I enjoy long cured bud more than fresh cannabis. The Orange Creamscicle i am smoking know is 6 months cured and pure candy.

5 Likes

The herb never lasts, once you start down the path of concentrates, pounds (kilos? Do you all use metric in CR?) won’t be enough.

3 Likes

you can also get “c-vaults” for cheaper on amazon

1 Like

You can’t bury c-vaults

1 Like

PVC is oxygen permeable :-1:
For long-term storage, consider concentrates or hash.
A babyfood jar of *RSO, *BHO or Rosin is easy to store and doesn’t degrade as fast as flowers. *(don’t blow yourself up)

Or, just build yourself a hash driveway like the Trailer Park Boys…

7 Likes

Forget storing the flower for the zombie apocalypse, store the seeds! I have a stash of seeds on my bug out bag. In fact, that’s all I have in my bug out bag!

11 Likes

Just make sure there are no bugs in the bag

5 Likes

I bury glass jars, glass is the best for me
In case of apocalypse I’d do like ReikoX, all those public parks with neverending lawns, all those football fields mmmmh

1 Like

Leave the food! Leave the water! I am taking my seeds!

4 Likes

Seriously, hemp seed is a great food source, a medicine, and entertainment. Not to mention all the N from decomposing zombie bodies :grin: I wonder if smoking those buds will turn you into a zombie? Will you walk around saying strains instead of brains ?

5 Likes

Yeah that’s good except for the steel lids will rust out

1 Like

I saw dehulled hemp seed in the Walmart grocery store two nights ago,I was mildly impressed

2 Likes

Sounds like me! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

1 Like

If you grease the outside of the lid before wrapping the whole jar with shrink film before putting it in the dirt I’s say you’re good for a decade at least

1 Like