Zombie Apocalypse Weed Storage

I’d consider something along the lines of the c-vaults.

1 Like

C vaults or vac jars. Or just mason jars in a cool dark environment! Dj short cures in mason jars for several years for his favorite smoke.

2 Likes

c-vaults look cool! never heard of them before

I use this ghetto mason jar sealer - junky quality but works great - you can use it with any jar that has a metal lid:

http://www.pump-n-seal.com/info.htm

2 Likes

Ultra long term storage? You are not far off when you ask the PVC question. Place sealed bags of fully dried and cured product inside a PVC pipe plain cap on one end threaded cap or clean out plug for the other then you have two options

1. Vacuum seal, heat PVC tube with propane torch . While pipe is hot seal up threaded end. When pipe cools it will be under a vacuum.
  2. Nitrogen , nitrogen will displace oxygen in tube seal with cap nitrogen is how many products such as potato chips are bagged
4 Likes

I store large amounts in big jars and after making sure it is not too damp i leave it in a cool dark spot for up to a few years. I enjoy long cured bud more than fresh cannabis. The Orange Creamscicle i am smoking know is 6 months cured and pure candy.

5 Likes

The herb never lasts, once you start down the path of concentrates, pounds (kilos? Do you all use metric in CR?) won’t be enough.

3 Likes

you can also get “c-vaults” for cheaper on amazon

1 Like

You can’t bury c-vaults

1 Like

PVC is oxygen permeable :-1:
For long-term storage, consider concentrates or hash.
A babyfood jar of *RSO, *BHO or Rosin is easy to store and doesn’t degrade as fast as flowers. *(don’t blow yourself up)

Or, just build yourself a hash driveway like the Trailer Park Boys…

7 Likes

Forget storing the flower for the zombie apocalypse, store the seeds! I have a stash of seeds on my bug out bag. In fact, that’s all I have in my bug out bag!

11 Likes

Just make sure there are no bugs in the bag

5 Likes

I bury glass jars, glass is the best for me
In case of apocalypse I’d do like ReikoX, all those public parks with neverending lawns, all those football fields mmmmh

1 Like

Leave the food! Leave the water! I am taking my seeds!

4 Likes

Seriously, hemp seed is a great food source, a medicine, and entertainment. Not to mention all the N from decomposing zombie bodies :grin: I wonder if smoking those buds will turn you into a zombie? Will you walk around saying strains instead of brains ?

5 Likes

Yeah that’s good except for the steel lids will rust out

1 Like

I saw dehulled hemp seed in the Walmart grocery store two nights ago,I was mildly impressed

2 Likes

Sounds like me! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

1 Like

If you grease the outside of the lid before wrapping the whole jar with shrink film before putting it in the dirt I’s say you’re good for a decade at least

1 Like

I have heard, stored just this way, cannabis will retain as much as 95% potency after 1 year, and the flavors are worth waiting for.

4 Likes

My mom told me dad used to do this when I was a kid, she thought it was so funny that all his weed turned to moldy buds - guess he didn’t wait for the dry and cure before burying - once he got the hang of it I was told it was out of this :earth_americas: 30 years ago that was how my dad made good weed hahaha

Now I know its here somewhere…:thinking:

4 Likes