100 degree Outdoor Grow Test

Testing some strains to see how well they can do in Extreme Heat environments. Let me know if anyone else has tried this before and what strains you have had success with.

Temps 100+ in the day time getting 13-14 hours of light. Temps in mid to high 70s at night. Humidity high in early morning 70%-80%, lowers during the day down to 20%-30%.
Google Photos

All of these seeds are in a minimal super soil, in 1 gallon smart pots or 44 ounce cups. These girls are only getting top dress amendments (4-4-4 during veg adding a 3-9-4 in flower) and non-PH water straight out of the well (ph is normally 8.5). Spraying Cap Jacks week 1 & 2, followed up with Method-1 and Neem oil in Weeks 3 & 4. Compost tea week 5.

Google Photos
Google Photos

Google Photos

I did two test runs from seeds. The first one was Started August 14th with 6 Autos. One White Widow, one Early Miss (both from Crop King) & four seeds from @ReikoX Mix.

Only two of the @ReikoX mix survived the first run & are now at week 3. Going to try to figure out what strain they are soon. Seemed like the heat stunted them for about the first or second week, but now look to be picking up. @ReikoX how do you think these look for week 3?

Google Photos

Google Photos

Google Photos

Google Photos

Google Photos

10 Likes

They look good for three weeks. All mine showed pistils around 2-3 weeks and then stretch for a couple then done at 63 days. They’re really tasty buds.

I ran Reiko’s autos in 100 degree heat. If you can get citric acid at wal mart a 1/4 tsp to 5 gal will put your ph closer to 6-7. I’d transplant to ground or as big of pots possible. This heat and no humidity dries out those cups fast.

4 Likes

Thanks for the advice. I think I will transplant into 5 gal smart pots. I have pH down, but wanted to see if the straight well water wouldn’t cause too much stress. What light schedule did you run? I am a little worried about running out of light soon.

4 Likes

Look like they are doing okay for three weeks. Should see some pistils soon. Watch for male flowers, there have been some reports of lower nodes having male flowers on them.

1 Like

At what week do you think I can figure out which strain these are? Thanks for all your help, I’ll keep an eye out for the male flowers.

1 Like

You wont, it’s a mix. Like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re going to get.

2 Likes

I ran the suns light schedule lol. I started them June 11 so almost summer solstice. We get just over 14.5 hours that day. I’ve got another six i just started indoor that are on 24/7. I just mentioned the ph because I reuse my soil and I think it was causing the ph to rise. Anything to knock it down to an acceptable range helps the plant grow easier.

So I’ll figure it out once they are finishing… lol. Awesomeness

Thanks brother

1 Like

Your 100% correct on the PH. I just wanted to test it out. I reuse my beds as well. I’m working towards a full living soil for Outdoor and Indoor.

1 Like

I run a living soil also. My worm farms are really hurting though in this constant heat. Three months of near 100 degrees, last year they had A/C.

I’ve used fertilizer on some stuff though. I’m new to growing so I’m trying to do a lot of everything.

I’ve been watering by hand and dropping the citric acid in each bucket. I just set up drip so now I’m worried about the ph rise myself. They make acid injection to fix ph and you can run fertigation at same time so I may try that out.

1 Like

I transplanted the two @ReikoX FAM mixes to 5 gallon smart pots. One looked root bound, so it may not reach anymore.

Google Photos

Google Photos

Google Photos

3 Likes

2 Likes

Looks like an indica or a hybrid… fatter leaves are usually a good sign of indica lineage

1 Like

Thanks for the info, I’ll keep a good eye on them…

1 Like

So it looks like the transplant is going to go well into the 5 gal pots. I hope to do some LST by the end of this week (week 5) with these two ladies…

1 Like

Looking good.

How close to Tropical are you? 23N or 23S

@Stoner I wouldn’t think we are Tropical at all. We are in South Oklahoma around 33N. We have had a fairly wet season this year though.

1 Like

So I have the @ReikoX autos going in the 100+ temps and I wanted to do a run of Photos as well.

Here is what I popped:
Fractal Box
@Sebring Revenge
Jungle Spice
Dragons Blood HashPlant
Sunshine Daydream

Just finished week 2 and the Jungle Spice, @Sebring Revenge, & the Fractal Box are still going.

Dragons Blood and Sunshine didn’t make passed week one.

Jungle Spice seems to be the strongest of all of them:

Fractal Box - from SeedsHereNow

@Sebring Revenge

4 Likes

Did the fractal box seeds seem light or under done?
It’s leaves are more yellowed than I’d expect at that stage.

1 Like

@Sebring some of them did, but I tried to pick the best out of the 10 in the pack.

1 Like