120v in 240v outlet

That is a good point I never realized before. I decided to abandon my grow. Thank you

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t ditch the whole idea. Getting an outlet to your grow area isnā€™t a big deal.
I assume you are looking to grow in a basement?

3 Likes

Iā€™m more than willing to help you figure something out. if its an unfinished basement it would prob be pretty easy

3 Likes

Shoot, I donā€™t think anyoneā€™s trying to discourage you. Donā€™t give up yet!

4 Likes

Come on back @cultivatorkidā€¦maybe we can figure out a better way

1 Like

220 device in a 220 socket is fine your device is the only question really do you have a spec sheet or a model number so we can see if itā€™s going to be safe running your equipment all this 110 in the 220 is pointless when thatā€™s not what your doing Iā€™m no expert but correct me if Iā€™m wrong but if his load on his converter is within range and that overall load Within his breakers limits then it comes down to his wiring as long as itā€™s correct then whatā€™s the issue again hereā€™s a grain of salt I have no clue what Iā€™m talking about but come on guys heā€™s ready to give up and as far as I could tell his only answers came from his own google search to figure out his amps where off in his calculations

Also just realized thatā€™s not a transformer only a timer not a good idea to plug any 110 into that

@cultivatorkid in regards to your original post in questionā€¦ your watts wont be doubledā€¦ your bill will just add on the watts of that applianceā€¦ some appliances work on multiple voltages some dontā€¦ it should state it somewhereā€¦ ive got a few led lights that operate at different voltages but still require the same wattage to power them which will increase or decrease my amps needed hence gauge/cable size comes into playā€¦ if your starting out the next step and main concernā€¦ would be to know your electrical capability of that roomā€¦ what breaker on the fuse board and what else is plugged into the same circuitā€¦

abandon that bit of equipment maybeā€¦ but never give up on yourself we all start somewhere and all have bumpsā€¦ but in the endā€¦ youā€™ll be smoking on something you know youve done yourself which isā€¦ extremely satisfyingā€¦ and better for the pocketā€¦

2 Likes