14:29 of daylight and this?

I’m appreciating the help, and I’m not panicking. Organic, yes, so looking forward to knowing what is in what I put in my body. Thanks all for the reassurance. I’m new to this clone game, I feel super safe with seeds, but learn to branch out some also (this the pinching). Very small joke.

The game has changed so much, but thank God soil is more well understood, but the same as well.

Thank you so much for making this post. I’ve been contemplating bringing some of my girls outside who I already started flowering. Essentially I want to make trees

What happens to quality of buds when this happens? Or what are the downsides?

1 Like

Most of the general consensus is you just lose time, not quality. Also, there is still. Time for the ladies to get large outside, so you should be good.

2 Likes

As an outdoor grower. I wasted a lot of money buying clones to have the same thing happen. Problem is those clones have been under 18 hours of light when you buy them, even at 14 plus hours outside, their light source has been drastically reduced and they will prematurely bud. Cut that stuff off and hopefully some will reveg. I had about half reveg when I did it. Having experienced this, I swore off clones for outdoor and always start from seed now.

5 Likes

Well, that sure seems like a solid way to do it. If I had control over the previous light cycle, I wouldnt have an issue. I am currently without an indoor spot, so I will. Make the best of this season, and plan better for next year. I hope to get an indoor spot set up before then as well. I’ve been making some friends, so that obviously helps. Most of this community (in and out of og) are still pretty altruistic. It is good so see after all these years.

2 Likes

I do zero indoor and zero grow lights. Just start my seeds outdoors around april

3 Likes

If I had my own place, and have worked on my setup for years as you have (from what I have seen of you I assume), I could totally see that. One great outdoor crop and I’m in business all year. I would love to have multi year no till beds going. This is not the case yet.

The mystery of seeds is fun too. I’ve talked to some people that seem to believe there are quality advantages on your finished product as well. Not to mention, a taproot creates a great advantage as well. When I have the funds to spend money on top shelf beans, and I’m better prepared it will be on. I’m looking forward to having a comfrey plant. I’ve been following a bunch of the organic tea recipes and such. I can’t wait to make. My own large scale castings too. I have big dreams, and not near the budget to support them :joy:

2 Likes

My first batch of comfrey tea is actually cooking right now!

I started in pots outdoors originally then dug up and amended the back yard. All in good time, Buddy. You’ll get there. Still never used a grow light in my life. Just the power of the sun.

4 Likes

That is awesome. It’s hard as heck to find a plant here. I think I’m gonna have to order seeds. Sounds like a truly amazing plant. I learned so much from that thread I read on here about teas and living soils. Tinytuttle is a guru.

3 Likes

Check with @Sebring last year I got my comfrey cuttings from him. He may have some.

5 Likes

One of them is getting low on nitrogen in its current pot. Should I tend plant or just try to give them some fish fertilizer and wait until fully back into veg?

3 Likes

Wow, there’s quite a few pistils there… It won’t focus on its roots until it gets out of flower, but you might as well transplant it now - it’s going to stall out anyway and then start throwing some weird new growth. Giving it a little fish fertilizer isn’t a bad idea, just don’t expect the yellowing to stop right away. The extra root room will also help promote vegetative growth. I’m sorry to say that you’re going to have to be patient with this one :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

The patience is an issue since my return, but also a lesson I am learning quickly. I’m going to repot and fish them both. Thanks for the response.

Edit: nothing happens overnight with organic. I am learning patience.

New pots and getting some extra hours of light on the work bench.

4 Likes

Did you just transplant? If so, It’s normal for a few bottom leaves to yellow while it’s transitioning to new environment. Fish fert is also fine. I always start at half dose and increase. However, if you have transplanted into soil within the last 3 weeks, it shouldn’t need it. The soil should be just fine.

3 Likes

I did now, it was getting yellow in its old pot. Lots of roots, but not rootbound. I think they will be fine after they recover from the transplant shock and later get back into vegetative growth.

Next watering I will probably give them a nice tea or something. Poor girls, I will be kinder to them next year.

2 Likes

Sorry that I didn’t get back sooner, Badger, my workload + this heat have wrecked me lately.

I concur with other’s posts, transplant sooner than later.

I would say you might try to reduce the strength of your fish emulsion to 1/4. Normally, I don’t fertilize when l transplant and wait until l notice new growth on the plant (usually 3-4 days), which tells me that the roots are flourishing into new ‘soil territory’.
The first re-fertilization after the transplant is weak, then increased in strength until proper levels of growth are achieved.
Looking good so far!

4 Likes

No worries man, it’s a crazy time for alot of us. Being in living soil anyhow, I’ve only used fish fert as a but of a boost. I haven’t used it in much strength at all.

Thanks for the reply. I will keep this thread going to have some good info out there for other to follow if they have this happen.

1 Like

I think if you want rapid growth give them a heavy NPK nutrient solution. Don’t worry to much about giving them to much N if it’s organic. Gotta have a good base NPK then worry about the rest. Happy growing!!

1 Like

NPK nutrient solution first fertilization. Compost tea with all the extras after

1 Like

Well, I brought them in and gave them supplementary light for a month, and still did not get either to reveg, they simply stalled out and quit growing for a month. I was going camping, so I had no choice to put them back out. They started flowering again, kinda. They had since been attacked by mites, and lost most of their leaves. This doesn’t make for vigorous flowering. I think the mites are taken care of now. I will be lucky to get a tiny harvest from them.

Moral of the story, make sure to adjust clones lighting down slowly before placing them outside. I plan to rely more heavily on seeds next year!

Make my mistake your learning lesson!!

3 Likes