1st grow ever

For your first time growing, I’d say you’re doing pretty good. Especially since you’re growing indoor. It puts a lot of variables into the growers hands where outdoor Mother Nature takes over. It’s up to you to steer the ship lol.

Edit: treat this grow not as a benchmark of your green thumb, but as a test run to see where you can improve. If your buds are looking this good on your first grow, imagine what they’ll look like on your second, third, and fourth grow.

1 Like

Yes ur 100 percent correct I made a lot of errors made mistakes etc but u learn from them an ya I know what I’m gonna do what I need etc compared to a newbie me lol I didn’t have a exhaust fan etc etc lol THANK U for ur great comment friend

1 Like

Always keep in mind that bad grows are bound to happen as well. Most people give up and post their equipment for sale on eBay after a failed run. They give up. Hell, I’ve been guilty of giving up after a bad grow. But the name of the game is resilience. Keep it going, always move forward, always learn and improve, and remember…there’s no such thing as a MASTER grower. As soon as you think you have this cannabis thing figured out, it’ll throw you a curveball lol. It’s all about how you react to the problems man

1 Like

Thank u for that motivation cause I’m bound to have a shit show at some point lol plus I don’t run newer equipment led hid hydro etc etc I use good ol dirt magnetic ballasts HPS n MH bulbs lol old skool dinosaur :t_rex::sauropod: equipment lol an I’ll never get to be a master gardener just as u said she’ll throw curve balls splitter change up etc etc thanks for stopping by an chatting I like ur company lol have a great day my friend

1 Like

I do have a suggestion, though. If it gets cold in the winter where you are, I’d run the HPS during the winter and get a good LED array for summertime. That way it’s warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Also, depending on where you are, electricity is cheaper at night when the demand is lower. So if you wanted to save some coin on your light bill, you can have your timers set to turn on during the night and off during the day. That also helps with large temp swings. Best of luck!

1 Like

What equipment u run are u on the newer equipment

1 Like

Yeah I use LED’s and soil. I’ve been growing syn-ganic lately. Organic soil with dry amendments and supplementing with bottle nutes

1 Like

Yes exactly that see learn from ur mistakes I run during this summer an got hot so there’s things I’ll change n keep just as u said I gonna change my light patterns to night etc etc again THANK U

1 Like

Ya I’m just not there yet I’m still beginner so I’ll get there eventually hopefully lol

1 Like

Once you go LED, it’ll be hard to fire that HPS back up again lol it’ll spoil you.

2 Likes

We shall see at some point cause everyone telling me to switch lol that’d be bad ass if I win that drawing for lights lol than I’d have to try them out they are spendy aren’t they

1 Like

They’re more expensive up front but they’re more efficient, better spectrum, less wattage per square foot (or meter depending on where in the world you are lol) and they are cheaper to run. Not to mention better PAR levels. Quality LED’s last 10,000 hours + so they pay for themselves fairly quickly

Got a question for anyone n anybody who’s got some Hawaiian stuff I use to get this Hawaiian back in the day 15-20 years ago it’s had a super sweet smell was sticky little leafy not sure if that’s how it was trimmed but I’d really like to get my hands on that again any leads

The most famous Hawaiian strain I know of is the Hawaiian Blood. Bodhi used it in his Dragon’s Blood Hashplant. It tasted kinda like Hawaiian Punch

1 Like

I’m in Washington State an I got 2 1,000 red n orange PAR HPS bulbs they work great in flower an I just got 2 600 watt MH for veg

Sweet thank u for that I’ll have to look into that

1 Like

You’ll know it’s the right one if it bleeds red anthocyanins like this

3 Likes

What’s that’s lol

1 Like

Anthocyanins are the pigments responsible for purple flowers or red cherries. The sap of the plant is red when you pluck a leaf off. That’s why they call it “blood”. That was from the Dragon’s Blood Hashplants I grew

1 Like

Oh shit that’s pretty cool actually an I haven’t had hash plant weed in years lol how’d that turn out for u