1st time growing diary

Guys went to the spot apart from one of the plants being still affect by something, I still didnt figure out what, I think I have already 2 plants starting to flowering. It’s my first time seeing this but I’m almost sure that the buds are forming but I got some pics so you can see that by yourselves.

The ant traps are working extremely well, the bottles are completely filled by dead ants so thats a good sign. Today, I got finally 3 moby dicks photoperiod from dinafem to try now in a new spot, I will be doing a new grow, and still got 3 freebies jack herer photoperiod fem from seedsman. Soon I’ll be germinating those. Really liked the service, gonna detail more my experience in the seedbanks thread.

7 Likes

Yeh buddy those are the start of flower with them. Onwards and upwards from here :100::pray:

5 Likes

Yep you got bud, if they were indoor that would probably be day 9 or 10 of 12/12 from flip. Looking good, Portugal seems to be, the place to be for growing outside, this time of year.

3 Likes

A little bit more of LST, new bugs that I had never seen and a 2 inch spider living in one of the plants, she’s more than welcomed if she’s gonna eat those warmful bugs :smile: but my friend dropped her from the leaf where she was hope she comesback.

I couldn’t really catch the spider because she was under the leaf but I got her webs.

I also visited the forest plant, and she’s lagging behind the others due to receive much less direct sun and probably less watering :wink:. Here she is

7 Likes

Ya agreed with the above post about neem doesn’t repell them so to say from what iv read is that it pretty much sterilizes them from having more offspring if ya want to try something more repellent try maybe a brewed mint tea or something similar.

2 Likes

You might be able to find some good information in this thread!

5 Likes

Gonna check that out, I wonder how I didnt find that yet, seems to be full with good recipes :smiley:

3 Likes

Good news to tell you but first let me update you on the grow. We are having 3 days of very mild rain, it isn’t the heavy rain of april but it’s annoying, it remembers me from the typical english rain. Atleast the buds aren’t really dense yet, so I think I won’t have mold problems. I also saw another ladybug in the spot, she will do her job :wink:. After doing the lst, the main stem always straights up really fast, I guess I have to intensify the training, the other buds also need light. I also think I have a plant that self-topped, i’m not sure but once I go to the spot again I will take a pic. Idk how but the main step seems more purple at the top and it’s kinda stunted and the two sides there are already bigger than the main one. There’s a also a plant at flowering and her bottom fan leaves are yellowing a bit it may be a nut deficiency, idk. In the pics there are many eaten leaves but that’s from a long time ago, the girls didnt have any bug problem lately, the smell of the buds is the best repellent, I guess ahah.

in the pic above you can see a little bit of the yellowing I was talking about but there’s also some in the other side leaf, same node. the yellowing is just in really specific parts, really strange.

About the good news, I’m gonna start another guerrila outdoor grow but this time with photoperiod plants, 3 moby dicks from dinafem and 3 jack herer from seedsman both fem. I’m also not alone on this one still with the same mates, I’ll be doing it in a pine tree forest on a mountain range here in portugal, small mountains though. I’m going full organic this time, eventhough in the other grow I was using organic bottled nutrients, in this one I won’t use them. The soil there is more to the sandy side so I’ll add compost, aged sheep manure, worms castings, red wigglers, biobizz allmix for the peat moss and some more nutrients, dolomite, epsom salts, idk if I should add malted barley powder and then I have a question about the aeration part. I want to add something that helps in the aeration and holds water, so I was thinking about vermiculite and hydroton. I can get 100L vermiculite for 25€ and 45L hydroton for 16.65€. Which do you think it’s the best to hold water?
Now for the watering system I’ll be using, it will be blumat watering system. I bought 2 bucket 22L capacity and I’ll put a bulk head in the bottom and then the buckets will be connected to 3 blumats each, and it will auto water the plants. We are planing only going there once in 2 weeks. We are going to do some extra scouts there, just to find the stealthiest spot, then I’ll tell you more details once it’s chosen.

9 Likes

Nice to see them grow and your initial project made a reality … :sunglasses:

4 Likes

yeah man it’s amazing, when I arrived here for the 1st time, I didn’t know anything really about growing, glad I found this site by reading randomly the bibliography of greg green’s marijuana grow bible, lol, I’m really thankful for all the help that people gave me in this thread, and in other threads because you also learn a lot by reading other grow diaries. Anyway, I still have to learn a LOT more, so I can also help others here on overgrow, and for that I gotta focus on this grow, nothing is finished yet, you know. It’s illegal here and I’m through the worst part, flowering. As you already told me, it’s the smell that compromises the outdoor guerrila grows in spain and everywhere, so here it won’t be different. Anything I can do about that is to hope that noone smells/identifies it and just when I have it chopped down, hidden in a safe place, I can call my project a reality :smile:

3 Likes

I was just optimistic … :grin:

4 Likes

I try to be optimistic but when I’m on the spot, I just seem paranoid. Any noise I hear, I stop and I check everywhere if I see someone. The paranoia was worst at the beginning, but now I’m getting used to the noises but still there’s an occasional rat moving around and I think it’s someone. Atleast I’m always aware, right? Anyway, I really hope everything goes well as you say, I want to try my own buds, tired of the street expensive shit.

2 Likes

At least we have the “illegal” stress and fear :sweat_smile: that many people here have lost, weed tastes better under these circumstances. Unless you’re caught with a bucket of water and nutes no one can say those plants are yours, I’m only afraid that someone else has already spotted them and is waiting for the buds to take them. The weed I bought before planting it came from the south after a long journey and was dry and harsh, nothing to do with the one I grow. Hope you will experience this soon … :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I think our climate is going crazy. We went from rain from wednesday to friday with “low temps” (13 degrees minimum- 22 degrees maximum) to 37 degrees maximum foreseen for tomorrow with 20 degrees minimum. I wonder if that’s harmful for the plants. Any tips in how to deal with high temps are appreciated :smile:. Atleast the girls seem to be stretching a lot. I remember to see some of the girls in the following pictures with half the size on the last week. Wonderful how they grow. One is already getting some frost in the leaves, and the smell is just getting stronger everytime I go there. I can already smell it some metres away from them, hope this don’t attract unwanted visitors. Atleast we always have a ladybug on guard chilling on a plant. Here are the pics, sorry for some being shaded, sun was already going down.

and now here is my auto-topped plant (kinda)

you can see that the main stem is smaller than both the sides, and the sides got thicker and taller than that top part of the main stem. All in a natural way. Idk what happened, did this happened to any of you?
And for last, I got some spot ideas (the first 4 pics, the first 2 pics are my favorite spot) and then some pics of the forest that I took when I was scouting the area.

7 Likes

They look very happy. The bugs suck, but they’re not really doing major damage so I wouldn’t worry too much unless they start getting worse.

Vermiculite would be best for what you’re wanting by the way, hydroton doesn’t really hold water, but vermiculite does. You can also get silica gel crystals…you soak them in water and they get way bigger. Then mix them in with the soil and they will slowly release it out. They’re cheap too!

The forest looks beautiful, ours here where I am in Canada are nice but more boring haha. Some of those bugs are really cool looking too (even though we hate them :stuck_out_tongue:)

3 Likes

Here are the water crystals I was mentioning…I think they’re silica, but not sure? Maybe something similar is available where you are.

3 Likes

I’ll check those water crystals, I remember that I saw something like that in my local grow shop. it was called Guerrila Grow THC 250g and its supposed to be Water absorbent polymers for guerrila grow which can hold 100x their weight of water. It isn’t cheap, it costs 12€ for 250g, seems too expensive. Anyway, I’ll be going to buy 100L vermiculite definitly. For now, my soil mix (this is for 6 plants) will be 150L of compost, 45L worms castings, some worms, 50L sheep manure, 150L biobizz allmix, 100L vermiculite and then I will add some dolomite to raise the ph since pine trees live in low ph soil and some epsom salts, or the epsom salt is only recommended to mix with water/foliar spray? All of this is supposed to mix with some native soil, atleast the top soil which is darker and has organic matter in there, because under that is only sand and it needs to retain enough water so it can survive 2 weeks with the 44L water buckets connected to the blumat watering system. About the bugs, they aren’t a problem anymore. Since the girls got into flower, they just repell them, I think, with the flowers and all the strong scent they produce.

2 Likes

Man @SpikPT you definitely have some different looking bugs over there in Portugal! Thing are looking good the bud site will continue to fill in and get fatter as time goes on!

3 Likes

Guys, I need help identifying this nutrient deficiency. I’m almost sure it’s magnesium deficiency because I have never give her epsom salts or anything with magnesium, but I can be completely wrong. I didnt do anything yet because I want to hear your opinions first. Here is the girl with problems, she’s in flower.

also I have again this bug in my plants, can someone try to identify it? Is it harmful to the plants? For now they arent showing any sign of being eaten like before.

Thanks in advance, any help is appreciated.

3 Likes

From the looks, it may be from overwatering. Soil looks pretty wet around your plant, what is your watering schedule?

3 Likes