1st time growing diary

@Undead-Toker It had just been watered. My watering schedule is water and then I let dry 2-3 days. It dependes if the leaves are droopy or not. Maybe it could be some problem related to the rain of the last days followed by a heat wave, our temps went from 18 degrees celsius to 35 degrees celsius maximum. The problem only showed up on this single plant which is really strange because shes the most advanced in flower.

2 Likes

Yea I could tell from the soil around that it had been just watered. It probably is from the heat and rain. I would pinch those leaves off with the dead spots and see how it does over the next few days. Nice pics by the way.

2 Likes

Hey @SpikPT diagnosing issues is very difficult at times there’s several key points to look at from what I see it appears it started at the lowest leaves and progressed upwards which leads more towards a mobile Nutrient defencicy next is it moving from the tips of the leaves back towards the petiole or is it moving the other way? If new growth is effected it would be an immobile nutrient so with that info 1/2 your battle is eliminated there could be others factors as well such as ph highs or lows which can lock out some Nutes then there’s the excessive Nutes the can lock out other Nutes . At this point I don’t think it would be ph related cause you would more than likely have problems early on in the from seedling stage. What’s weird here it looks like 1/2 the leaf is good and the opposite side is effected in a lot of the leaves . It very well could be heat related. But since your in flower now the plant is using more P and K than normal what’s being fed as far as nutrients on the plants?

4 Likes

@Tinytuttle the problem started at the bottom and moved upward but the most recent leaves arent affected yet. The leaves started to yellow from the tip to the stem and then they become brown after a while. For the nutrients, I’ve been using biobizz bloom, topmax and biogrow but at low levels. The guy at the growshop told me that biobizz line lacked calcium and magnesium thats why I thought it was magnesium deficiency. I think just a foliar feed or a water with epsom salt wouldnt hurt the plant, right? But it could be for sure a heat related problem its just strange that it affected only this girl.

2 Likes

Give it a go see what happens as far as the leaves they won’t green back up so maybe remove them to more easily I’d what’s going on then try epsom at 1/4 strength maybe a spoonful or so mixed in to the soil around plants base

2 Likes

Most of them are now on day 62, from the breeder info, the quick one should have finished in 8-9 weeks, northern lights 9-10 weeks and white widow 10-12 weeks which means breeding time is BS. I’ll use my usb microscope to take some pics to the trichomes to see how much they still have to go, but judging by pics I’ll post under, do you have any idea how much it’s left for harvest time?

Just look at that pic, there’s 4 ladybugs chilling on the plant. Best way to protect from pests. :wink:

The plant under doesnt seem to be recovering. I fed her epsom salts, and also topdress with some bat guano which was suggest by a guy at the growshop, but I wonder how effective that was. Still have to remove damaged leaves to see how it really is.

This problem started at the bottom leaves, they start to become yellow from the tip to the center, and at the start only half of the leaf is affected which is really strange. After some time, the leaves start drying and turn from yellow to brown, and when I touch them, they are just completely dry.

4 Likes

I’d say they have a bit of time to go the colas I would think start filling out more in the next week or so!

2 Likes

Uhh the first lot of pictures I’d say their more than a month off but the bigger plants that you posted lower down could be around 3-4 weeks off but it all really goes by colour and trichs to tell you when it’s ready and when I say colour it’s the amber I look for around 75% of the hairs on the buds to get mostly amber with a few milky ones left but going past 75% is fine that’s just showing maturity.

3 Likes

@Tinytuttle I’m waiting to see some big colas, the smell is already amazing but I’m not good at identifying the flavors. I’ll try to ask my mates if they can identify anything but I doubt. In the next days the smell should also intensify so let’s see what we can do about it.
@Explorer Damm still 1 month for some? That would mean they will take more than 109 days and that’s around 16 weeks. Damm, idk if this happens because they are outdoors but the breeding info is completely wrong lol. Do plants take less time to finish flower if they are kept indoor under artificial light?

3 Likes

M2 at least 4-6 inches wide!

1 Like

Definitely yes! Every day is Sunday for them, plenty of sun, no rain, daily similar conditions, assured food… The only negative one is less LITFA :grin:. You should NEVER trust what a breeder says relative to flowering period, they only want to sell, I have experience on that :sweat: Hope you will harvest before bad weather and rainy conditions come … :sunglasses:

3 Likes

@George Ofc I will man ahah. Rain only comes in november, and these will be finishing around late june from what @Explorer said. Eventhough there’s some ocasional rain, it’s very light rain and it’s stopping too, it was more intense during april, that being said, we will have excellent conditions for this last month. After that, I still need to see how I will dry and cure them. I have already read a lot but sometimes you end up being confused, it’s too much information and sometimes contraditory in the internet.

3 Likes

You will cross that bridge when you will arrive to that river :grin:, first thing first. My only concern is that buds even with light rain can get mould (I can show you nasty photos :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: of my disasters). Hope it is not so humid as here in the north, we will have our fingers crossed :pray: until we see those amber trichomes … :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I just realized that my plants are actually on day 62 and not on day 79. I wonder how I made that mistake. I started them on the 20th of march and we are on 21st of may. Sorry for blaming breeding times ahah. The only thing to blame here is my maths.

2 Likes

I just corrected my 56 days to 46. A typo here, a typo there and suddenly the plants should be ready. :smiley:

2 Likes

Your plants look great by the way! I wish I had such an outdoor spot.

1 Like

Exactly ahah, in my case idk where I got the 79 days from but thats the age I had on my thread. Thanks to you, I corrected it because I knew my plants werent older more than a month than yours. About the spot, yeah the spot is great but I dont want to keep it. Im going to a safer spot in a forest in a mountain range.

1 Like

The plants are now on day 64, 9 weeks. The problem on the plant I have showed previously still persists. Already gave her a foliar feeding of epsom salt, just used a small quantity. I also tried to take some trichomes shots of her but I still have to improve my ability to focus on trichomes, really hard to do it with a cheap Chinese microscope but it’s possible. The northern light that was germinated directly in the soil, without going through the wet paper method, is having a really good run, I think. No bug problems neither deficiencies yet. She already caught up some of my other plants that already stretched and I think she is still going to stretch a lot. I found her a little droopy today, I dont if it was underwater, maybe. Here are some pics to see how are the girls doing.

Here is the droopy northern light I was talking about

Now the problems. First I’ll show you the yellow dying plant and then some other plants with similar symptoms. I gave everyone a foliar feed of epsom salts but it may be calcium or any nute really.

Edit: the pics under are from different plants with similar symptoms to the one above.

Again, only half leaf is yellow. Really strange. And its a different plant from the 1st one that had the same problems and then it evolved and its killing her.

Purple stem in one plant. Only appears in some leaves and only near them.

I’m sorry for the amount of photos. I should really try to set up a patreon account to donate some money to og to pay for the space occupied ahah.
For last, the trichomes shots I tried to take. I had to delete over 50 other trich shots that were worst than these.

1 Like

The drooping plant could be just getting over heated a bit plants tend to do the in hot weather it’s more of a defense mechanism to reduce exposure to excessive heat they usually look better towards evening . Have you done any defoliation yet? To help with airflow through the plant?

2 Likes

No, I didnt do any defoliation yet. I didnt want to interfere with the plant especially because I dont know which leaves I should remove. There’s one girl very bushy, and she has tons of leaves, probably you can identify her in the pics, I think some defoliation ln her would help more sun to reach lower budsites.

2 Likes