2 days darkness before harvest really work?

I would be worried about watering before I put the plant in for 48 hrs. +. I know at my place PM would spread on some strains. Plus, I would take terpenes before THC, personally. I think taking them just before lights on would be the best, but I haven’t noticed anything from the times I tried it.

Mold, on the other hand, might be a problem if you already live in a humid environment. I’d be afraid to put a plant of real fat, leafy buds, into the dark for a few days.

2 Likes

I believe so. I have done it a few times. The thing that I notice they do act like they like it. Especially the water uptake. I don’t know if it makes it any stronger or not. I’ve also done this before a flip. To be honest with you the only reason I have ever done it is because I’ve read about other people doing it. I’m not able to do that now. I do not want mold. I do keep the fans on. What about if you go back in there and they’re gone. Lol

1 Like

If you do the 48hr of darkness and click your heels together 3 times while spinning in a circle your buds will increase in size and potency. That’s a 100% true internet fact.

Chop before your lights are scheduled to come on the next day and you’re good to go. Tons of people do the 48hr period, there’s nothing wrong with it if that’s your preference

2 Likes

I’m telling you guys this doesn’t work, and I can prove it.

Sometimes to free up space in the flower area, but I want a plant to bloom another couple days, I’ll just set it outside the tent in the dark basement and throw the new plant(s) in.

Like “eh I wanna be able to say I ran it 9 weeks but it’s at day 60 and looks done but I also need the space in veg desperately”

Nothing happens lol. If I were a betting man I’d say being in the dark a couple days probably costs a couple grams on a bigger plant vs letting it ride a couple days in the light.

4 Likes

I believe you. It is waisted time.

2 Likes

I chop mine when the lights are on… I don’t wait for darkness.
Do people wait until its dark out at night to chop there outdoor plants down? :rofl:

3 Likes

Lots of people that harvest a few hours before sunrise. All out there with headlamps heh

4 Likes

The whiching hour…Which one is this, idunno, cut it down…
Wife, Who cut down my persimmon tree?

2 Likes

Yes @Meesh has done this the last couple of years.

3 Likes

Hopefully this next year I will grow some outdoor plants. Will have to be some autos, but ill take it!

1 Like

I always sit in the dark for 2 days before harvest!
:rofl::joy:

🥸

6 Likes

@oleskool830 me too!! Anxiety to what comes next!! :rofl: :bomb: :right_anger_bubble: :ghost:

3 Likes

I just can’t see myself going out there with a chain saw in the middle of the night to hack some trees down. :laughing:

3 Likes

Forgot to pay the electricity bill again eh? :rofl:

4 Likes

I think I know why @chronix, you’re a cat! A black cat at that! And they notoriously don’t like to round in the dark and get confused for other spooky creatures! That’s all!!

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve chopped a few down out in the woods at three o’clock in the morning.

2 Likes

Much safer for cats like me to be inside at night with our food dishes. :smiley_cat:
Also there is alot of Coyotes around here!

3 Likes

You certainly got more time/energy/motivation then I do. I will just chop them down during day light while I can still see. :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

It’s likely more utilized by indoor growers who are in control of the wind, sun and rain within their environments. Does not mean people don’t do it outdoors but likely more indoors I would think.

3 Likes

@chronix I’ll most likely chop at about after 48 hours darkness, which will be preceded by a week of water deprivation (hope my revegging plans don’t get compromised), using “an innovative dripping system of ice cubes” on the soil! The OG Kush, on its fifth day without water, looking droopy, so sad@!! :flushed: but still following my plan!! :rofl: :bomb: :flushed: :ghost:

Buds got to be a bit thin, lacking density comparatively!!

2 Likes