20 year old bag seed

Update. Still such slow growth. Week 11 of veg now. Nodes form directly ontop of one another then spread out when 3 bunch up. Very odd. I’m still interested in finding out what the heck it is.

8 Likes

Wait, week eleven of veg?!? As in, 77 days?

What a strange plant, usually that’s a good thing!

4 Likes

@beacher yea lol it was in the same sprout run as my DarkShadowHaze. I might just flip it into flower and see what the hell is up. What ya think?

@killabeez-seedbank what are your thoughts?

@MomOnTheRun what do you Think? Flip it?

4 Likes

Yeah to ensure not caring for a boy. Since its old bag seed, I would root a clone then flip that so if it is a girl your not going back/forth from veg to flower

4 Likes

@MomOnTheRun no branches to clone … odd eh lol

Other than cutting the top right off.

4 Likes

Wow that’s nuts, especially because it looks totally healthy and happy. Ya I’d clone it, wait for roots then chuck one or the other into bud. You waited 20 years, whats a couple more weeks?

Edit: ya the top I guess, I just did that with a bagseed…after like 30 days from seed lol

4 Likes

I think you should veg it a bit longer if you have the space, it’s definitely slow veging but its growth characteristics are interesting. I’ve never seen that alternating node spacing pattern before.
Sometimes I get plants that never branch out during veg, and start to branch out when they get flipped to 12/12 in the flowering tent. in those cases I can usually take clones during preflower.

4 Likes

I hate trying to root a top myself as its hit/miss for me though you could bend the top down a bit to change the dominance to the lower nodes then take those in ~1 1/2 - 2 wks

4 Likes

Either way, you probably won’t have alot of branches to work with until you top it I guess. She looks pretty…linear

4 Likes

Thanks for the help. I think I will toss it in a 5 gallon pot, wait a week then flip it to flower without cutting a clone. I’ll reveg if its something special after flower.

5 Likes

Anyone ever seen a plant with 4 fan leaves together like this? Time to flip to see what’s up with this mutant hahah

10 Likes

Fairly certain it’s going to be male.

2 Likes

I’ve seen triples and quads like that before and I’ve had a TGA Vortex that grow a bud in the plam of the leave amd currently have a Skunk 18 that has grown a bud in the palm and on the stock of a leaf. Marijuana just is a crazy plant.

4 Likes

Just wanted to give an update. I topped this 2 weeks ago and it finally showed sex!! Female!! WOoOO so we get to see what this crazy thing is. Moved to 12/12 today.

13 Likes

Nice! Back to the future bud coming up!

6 Likes

Hermie, killed it… to bad really.

4 Likes

That’s cool Mongo 20 yo beans popped :slight_smile: I harvested some aghani that was from one of the last packs I got before OG went down lol it grew great ,I love it.
I tried to pop a bunch of others from different breeders some of the famous ones lol none of em popped blah I still got some Northern Lights crossed with who’s your daddy and some pok kush crossed with citral… some blue mystic and blueberry I’m hoping something pops lol they are all at least 14-15yo :confused:

3 Likes

Damn thats too bad man

2 Likes