20 year old weed

grew this “bud” in 2001with my mom and a pal. Tried to grow the mexi brick seeds and made this un-smokeable mess. Still graces my kitchen all these years later! Reminds me how far things have come.

25 Likes

What was wrong with the smoke? Bad cure? Low yielder?

1 Like

Everything! Most didn’t produce to speak of buds like this one were loose and full of immature seeds and generally tasted and smoked nasty. No knowledge just jumped in with hydroponics and a 1k hps.

2 Likes

Lol, seeds and bad smoke I get, but that structure just looks like it was a sativa. Maybe pulled early, but those loose buds look like legit Mexican weed!
I’ve been flashing this around lately, but check out my pearl pheno Oaxacan Gold:
Compress_20231029_113958_8253

Too bad you don’t have any more of that brick seed!

19 Likes

That looks like that dr. Grinspoon or whatever. Very unique! Chances are that I have some beans still from that old brick but I’m sure not viable anymore. And you’re right we probably had no idea it was sposed to go for 12 or 15 weeks

5 Likes

I’ll run some if you don’t :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

I imagine you didn’t think to keep the seeds in a cool dry place all this time… but if you did… there might be some viability.

1 Like

I absolutely didn’t. Back then they were a waste product at the bottom of a shoe box lid. Nothing labeled from years of different bud. :rage:

4 Likes