2020 Cannabis with Meesh

Yours is looking sweet! I’m hoping to grow one next year!

That’s the part that made me lose it too! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

@SamwellBB I just randomly searched for something on Google (since I’m a stoner, I cant remember what it was… I believe I ended up on your website or a site who sells your seeds. lol I’m so clueless. Drooling over your pics. I’m really checking them out to see what looks like it will grow without bud rot here. For ex… looks like the alien cookies are pretty indica structured for me outdoors (boo). You think the spitting Cobra or slippery rails is sativa enough in structure to hold up in my climate? It looks beautiful. (They all look beautiful) Gonna try the port wine cheese too.

5 Likes

I didn’t run into any mould issues with Spitting Cobra or Port Wine. The Port Wine Cheese is a stanky one and holds its own next to the Sunshine 4 and Shiva crosses which are my stinkiest plants. So she is top 5 in my garden in the stank department and yields good too. Those would be my choices… Deep breath too gave me no issues and I got a crazy frosty burnt rubber and Berry pheno from those… :jack_o_lantern:

6 Likes

Whats your average rh in the summer? And you know how I love the stank! lol

1 Like

Look at me you guys! Already planning next years grow lol This year’s isn’t even done curing. :joy:

3 Likes

Summer it depends … it fluctuates as we get a lot of afternoon thunderstorms and sometimes straight rain for 2 weeks so we have a lot to deal with as it makes for perfect pm and rot conditions … I’d say we average humidity on 50 and get into 80s during those rainy spells

5 Likes

With your rain, it’s probably comparable except the only time it’s 50% here is in winter. Usually between 60 and 68%

My lady friend who grows in the desert (it doesn’t matter that she’s a lady, but I like to mention it cuz chick power! lol), can grow the indicas outside except her buds don’t get nearly as epic as mine because her humidity is so low.

4 Likes

I saw another thread discussing this with way more knowledge than I, but I would love to discuss the subject here as every time I venture out of my thread comfort zone, people start fighting over dumb shit and I trust all of you folks here with discussions that don’t end in fights, aye aye aye! Anyway, do y’all think since the ease and popularity of indoor growing that breeding for outdoor growing has become a thing of the past? Do you think if we don’t preserve shitloads of landraces, outdoor growing will become more and more difficult and rare? I don’t know much about breeding or strains or any of that stuff, but what I have noticed is that the closer to the landrace a strain is the better it grows outside.

Do you think all of these crazy strains these days which involve like 12 different strains combined into one are gonna just wipe out all of the natural pest and mold resistances? Does anyone breed these days for outdoor growing like nature intended?

5 Likes

I grow Indica Dominant types with low humidity and great yields its only 17% percent today even with cooler weather so poor yields is because of some other factor . there’s no way indoor can compare on yield with outdoor unless you have twenty foot ceilings lol .

5 Likes

No she grows outside too. I didn’t mention that she doesn’t do soil tests and amendments like I do. She flies blind. So there’s that.

3 Likes

A lot of breeders make their stuff outside. I’ve read that on a lot of sites. I would think most believe the natural environment is best for breeding in some way or another because some seem to make a point of mentioning it.

4 Likes

Dad was here… said he tried Orange Goji last night and loved it. Oddly enough, 10 mins later my man texted me saying “Love the Orange Goji, Good Stuff”. Well @50State it’s a hit with the Men! :grin:

It’s funny, I get feedback from Dad about the strains I grew without asking. My man, it usually is like pulling teeth. He just likes weed, I don’t think he cares too much as long as it gets him high. I find this hysterical as he is the biggest smoker of us 3 but the least discerning. So, to get a text about the Orange Goji is huge. Somehow it really stood out for him. He also really likes the Blue Gelato 41 and strangely enough it has grown on me quite a bit and I go to it quite a bit for a mellow high at night. Dad keeps talking about the GDP, he’s loving it a lot after the cure. It is not the strain he was reminiscing about though. Anyone have any ideas what an old skool grape strain around the same era would be?

9 Likes

So, I was @Sebring site at noon and I had the platinum pineapple in my cart and the other berry fem seed. By the time I got my cc info in, it said it was gone! Wow! May want to reduce the count on your site once it’s in someone’s cart, buddy. Just a suggestion. I’m stoked though, I got some Maui Wowie and I can’t remember what I got as the other 2 got snatched from under me. lol I think the Shiskaberry heirloom. I think my reasoning on the others was fem seeds as I understand strain names about as much as I know the names of stars in the sky. I’m super excited to grow some old skool MW next year, I think it will grow like wildfire here.

7 Likes

…I keep mine in a special compartment :exploding_head: :joy:

Only with certain people. Worldwide, I couldn’t say(not qualified :sweat_smile:) but as with any “breeding” or isolated reproduction of living things, making the external conditions/environment “cushier” leads to different mutation than the opposite. Spartan plants come from harsh places. :persevere: E.g. cacti. :cactus:

And breeding for weirdo traits (:uk: :dog:) leads to weirdo problems. Inbreeding for red hair in people may backfire :laughing: :rage: or whatever.

I’ve heard various breeders mention the idea & I think it originates with Holland having essentially no outdoor conditions, some greenhouses, & a lot of indoor cultivation. Though there’s also the consideration that [in the 80s/90s when I’m speaking of] outdoor cultivation was illegal almost anywhere so outdoor breeding in numbers wasn’t pracitcal or even possible. Switzerland had it goin on briefly & may have produced some good outdoor seedcrops. (@LemonadeJoe - any insight on circa yr 2000 Swiss outdoor?)

There’s a couple good threads here on OG discussing this. :hugs:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

I’m not sure how far back your talking but I grew some grape skunk 10 years ago and it was real strong. It did have purple in it and tasted like berries. I’m glad u brought that up I’m gonna have to look for some more seeds

1 Like

I’m talking 90’s. So 30 years! That sounds so crazy! It may have been Grape Ape… That was a big thing then too I believe

2 Likes

Finally! Been wanting to smoke my cured UFS all day. Honest to dog, I almost blew off the work I needed to do just so I could smoke weed all day! In the end, I waited and got everything done though. Now I can happily say that I’m puffing on a UFS doobie and happy as a clam. Happy, uplifted and chill all at the same time.

The UFS is nice. Typical skunk high although the Skunk 1 from this year is stronger than this one. Well, I don’t know about stronger actually, just less initial race on the UFS. The pheno I ended up with tastes nothing like a skunk. Had more skunk overtone fresh dried. Cured it tastes exactly like the smell which mutated into straight Sprite. I’d say 7up but Sprite tastes sweeter to me and the UFS is def a sweet lemon/lime. I want to say that I’m disappointed that it doesn’t smell and taste skunky, but I’m not. It’s just so enjoyable to all of my senses that I don’t seem to mind. I also have an entire bucket of Skunk 1 and a Skunky Cheese so, I’m set on the skunk bud for the year anyway. If you end up with this pheno while growing out the UFS f2’s going around, it won’t disappoint.

Just my opinion, but this is the bud I would break out for the occasional smokers or mixed crowds. It’s not a super strong high compared to the hybrids of today, but it is lovely nonetheless. This seems to me to be a strain that even the self proclaimed thc wusses could smoke without issue. It’s funny, I always say I’m a wuss, but in reality I’m not. I smoke a lot of high THC sativa strains. It’s really that I’m strain sensitive, not really a THC wuss actually. High now and going off on side tangents… lol Anyway, my real point is that it’s an anytime, anywhere, anybody strain this UFS. I give it :+1: :+1: with a lemon/lime twist!

5 Likes

Hey, I got the PP today, so if needed I can share with you. I couldn’t afford the fundraiser so I was happy to get some.

4 Likes

Well, I don’t “Need” it. Just wanted it to choose from or share. I appreciate you. If I decide I need it and have my heart set on growing it, I’ll hit you up though. :grin: I’m more than happy. What I “Needed” was the MW, cuz I “Need” to grow it and it alone was worth the donation and shipping all on it’s own. :smile:

7 Likes