2020 Cannabis with Meesh

Not a clue I was training it for my fridge, but it had nodes ever 1/2 inch on ever arm so I can imagine it would be a monster outdoors

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™ve been looking up the strain details and I canā€™t seem to find anything on how big it gets outdoors. Iā€™ll assume it gets huge and plant it accordinglyā€¦ Dog willing I get a female

2 Likes

I think itā€™s in my micro grow thread (current one) I believe I had its age on each pic to give you an idea of its soeed/vigor

1 Like

Hey Meesh!

Have you thought about about gypsum that would give you calcium and sulfur to lower the ph.

I canā€™t wait for your plants this year. Your also lucky on the rain I donā€™t think we will see another drop til November.

Have a good one!

4 Likes

So the contraptions are doneā€¦first level 30" high and cubed. Net will be strung in the middle
Levels 2 and 3

Levels 1 and 3 will be staked with rebar. As you can see itā€™s like legos and can be adjusted every way to Sunday easily.

23 Likes

Almost forgot levels 1 and 3 will be staked with rebar. So the idea is almost like a scrog but outside. The first level goes on right at about flower. Itā€™s trained through the net, as it grows branches below 2 feet will be removed. With the open structure on the sides, I will be able to get underneath the plant still. Iā€™m hoping to prune the plant so that I end up with basically just buds out of the top of the trellis. As it grows through the first net, 2nd level is added easily at about 4 feet and a third level at 5 if necessary. This is a prototype, so any thoughts are welcome. The beauty is it can be pulled apart easily and/or added to in practically minutes.

14 Likes

You enjoyed a bumper crop last season!

Well you are flattening out the learning curve, and with your accrual of
experiential knowledge and adjustments.

I fearlessly predict Mega Bumper Crop this coming season.

Itā€™s gonna be fun to watch!

8 Likes

Wow thatā€™s a lot of plumbing fitting .This the way I do it Easer for me 4 per plant 8ā€™ ft T post with drilled pvc on top fastened with zip ties incase they get taller I hang four nets on top with zip ties and drop as needed .

17 Likes

Iā€™m def not going with a traditional style christmas tree shape outdoors. Planning to top the shit out of the plants this year and limit the bud sites. Going for major quality not quantity this year as Iā€™ll still have bud from last year when this grow finishes even late in the year. Itā€™s also kind of a pruning experiment for me as well. I want to improve my skills there.

We came up with the idea for this type of trellising as last yearā€™s plants were growing in, so I think itā€™s gonna work. I do know that the damn plants wonā€™t move come wind, rain or natural disaster, they will be super staked and supported. Of course time will tell as I use them with my grow. They will either be a disaster or the best thing since sliced bread. We also double checked that there is enough space for all 9 in the bed. Plenty with room to spare.

14 Likes

I just caught up with this and am jumping onboard for the ride. I would love to be able to grow in my yardā€¦right in the middle of my garden!!! Before long Iā€™m going to be to damn old to be running the creeks and fields. Maybe soon I can do it legal. My state is saying if you get caught growing 5 plants or less it will only be a $200.00 fineā€¦hard to believe but hell Iā€™d risk that when they are charging $420.00 an ounce minimum at the dispensaries. I think with the right strains I could get 15-20 lbs. My plants are all a lot of work but I could really take care of them in my yard.
I love your trellis idea, those should definitely do the job. I donā€™t remember who said to take cuttings and to sex them but thatā€™s 100% dead on. Thatā€™s exactly how I have done for years. You do not have to stress your plants and it will gain you lots of veg time. It can take 3-4 weeks to reveg sometimes and some strains never do quite right afterwards

5 Likes

With only a few cuttings you could put them in a closet or rigged up box under a small light. Like a 100 watt in a heat lamp shield and that would work to sex them

1 Like

Holy crap! $420 an ounce? Ouch! Bloodsuckers! Shoot! Sounds like itā€™s well worth the 200 dollar fine. I ended up with about a pound a plant last year. My ridiculously long sativas were 10 feet tall. Most were about 6 and 7 feet though. Any larger than that and it would be much too hard for me to manage. I had grown outdoors in pots before and of course that is limiting. For some reason, I just couldnā€™t wrap my mind around the fact that my 3 feet vegging plants would more than double in size in a month. Not sure if I doubted my growing skills, my soil, the plants or what, but I was so late in the game netting those plants, the flowering plants ran my life for awhile. Making sure they didnā€™t fall over, one tried to uproot itself, the 2 sativas were stupidly netted together and both broke in half. They ended up finishing bud though, one held together with a vice grip for like 6 weeks. lol Lost some bud to caterpillar damage and bud rot. Hoping those trellises make this year much easier! Thanks for stopping inā€¦

12 Likes

It is a battle for me every year. Gorilla growing out in the bush I canā€™t just build supports. I use a lot of T post and string. I tie off to anything that is close, use sticks. I have about a dozen tomato cages that are 5 foot tall, made out of concrete wire scattered around. I have permission everywhere I grow but have to keep it hid from the rippers and Johnny. It never fails about the time they start getting heavy we will get a good rain and high winds and tears the shit out off everything

5 Likes

The deal breaker for me with just making cages for them is that for one, Iā€™m short, so I couldnā€™t reach down very far in the cage to work on the plants and secondly you just donā€™t get adequate access to the plants in general. I like that I have about 2 feet open underneath the plant so I can get underneath it, to prune, foliar, bug spray, check for creepy crawlies etcā€¦ Not only can I get underneath, I can access 360 degrees.

7 Likes

Hi @Meesh

Have you found out yet?
Curious.

1 Like

Not yet. Iā€™ll call the guy again this afternoon. Promise Iā€™ll let you know

1 Like

Played phone tag with the amendment guy. Iā€™ll try again tomorrow

1 Like

Well, the soil guy has me worried as the test says I have toxic levels of zinc in my soil now. The amendment guy is baffled at my results. The lab may have recorded a number wrong. Donā€™t know. Either way he has to get the main man at the lab to call me. Donā€™t know if I need another test or what, but I have garlic in there that will be ready in 2 months and I just started some green onion seeds. Need to make sure they are safe to eat. If my zinc level is really jacked, it will be nothing but outdoor container grows for me and no monster plants this year. sigh The levels just arenā€™t making sense compared to last years test and the amendments that were done.

9 Likes

Well surely the zinc levels didnā€™t just magically rise to unsafe levels. If you didnā€™t get the test done you would still be planting and eating veggies :slightly_smiling_face:

Looking forward to seeing those trellis systems working at full capacity.

4 Likes

Wow interesting that the test result is showing the zinc toxicity. From what you said above it sounds like your concerned of it actually being harmful to eat the garlic / spring onions that are / will be growing in the soilā€¦ I have never even heard of such a thing that the soil could have too much zinc which in turn could make the food being grown there unsafe to eat. (Not that it means anything!)

That will be too bad if itā€™s trueā€¦ Considering they are the ones who told you what to put into the soil last year to get you to the desired result I sure hope that they somehow made a mistake and that they didnā€™t give you bad information last year as to what to amend with!

Wishing the best and that it works out that it was just a mix up.

4 Likes