2022: What kind of lights are you flowering under?

Far more LED growers than ever. New Board and Bar fixtures give much better quality light spectrum, save energy and solve coverage problems.
Like Floyd, No More Excuses!

2 Likes

I bought a crappy LED in 2014, it came very close to being smashed. I worked it until I got a decent growth pattern. Do not use them like HID’s!!
By 2015 I spent crazy money for a California Lighthouse, it bashed the HID’s harvest results to death for me. I also got rid of AC that I had to run to use them. Hell I still run that LED if I need it.
The GrowLightAustralia LED’s I purchased last year, are the most color inducing, stink generators, I’ve ever used!! So potent, so easy, as my harvests numbers have shot up, and the stink factor, is off the hook.
True story:
I was at the grow shop a week or 2 ago now. I was with a pilgrim, seeking to set up a personal, but did not want to buy a bunch of stuff just the basics.
AS she are deciding, I hear the shop owner talking with some other pilgrims, seeking a set up for cheap.
Shop owner rolls out a cart, from the back, hood, 1K digital hps, cords, cool tubes, all brand new, asking $100.00…they left, as they had to think about it!
Grow however you wish, but the LED bashing days are over for me, as nonsensical diatribe, from the scream team.

1 Like

HLG 600r spec. Coming up on 2 years. I’d buy another today if needed.

2 Likes

I’ve used hps for years
Too hot moved to mars hydro old style had 2 of there 96 chip units wow they where spot on for the money . They lasted 5 years no breaks in the action, used for veg and flower 3 grows a year

Now I replaced it with California lightworks 500 full spectrum and it’s a beast

I do like the newer style lights ( better light distribution ) and once this one goes I’ll up grade

In my new 4 x 4 tent I needed to add some supplemental lighting ( once the plants get big they can block out light

1 Like

Still old school here hps and cmh combos . Been hoping some lighting company would donate a test light to try but as of yet no luck.

I’d be in the market for 10 lights if they out perform my current set up . Hint hint @MarsHydro

3 Likes

I’ve been building LED lights for few years. Have given away or sold a few previous builds, but the current build with Bridgelux EB3 2700k 90cri strips is totally rocking it.

The spectrum has as much red in it as an HPS, but has enough blue and green to also keep the plants compact while not restricting their growth (which too much blue can do). The color of light is very pleasing to the eye. Here’s independent goniosphere testing of the diodes in the strips I used.

Whole build thread can be found here: A total nube's DIY LED build 🛠 Here’s the most recent harvest of 4 plants organic, water only, in a 4x4:

Also, still using a DIY 400w Cree 3500K COB fixture for veg when I’m able to put up a separate tent.

I sold this to a friend a few years back, but then they ended up borrowing a couple grand and, when they couldn’t pay me back, I offered to take back this light and call it even. No, it’s not worth that, but it was a nice thing to do. And it still works great after 6 years and a lot of travel + abuse.

LED are the way!

:sun_with_face:

14 Likes

That Bridgelux EB3 2700k 90cri looks awesome. That’s probably as close to a LED, high pressure sodium simulator as I’ve seen yet.

4 Likes

I’m using these white rose LEDs

1 Like

In about a month im going to try out my mammoth 800w 8 bar that i have setup in my new 4x8 , i am very excited to try it out😎

1 Like

Gavita 1700e is what I’m using… and solacure uvb
Cool post bro

1 Like

I switched to a mars hydro fc3000 this summer, doing my first grow, had a 400w hps, might be good in winter.

1 Like

Here is what i flower under, love the spectrum, WHY i bought them

2 Likes

Got it. lol

1 Like

600hps 400mh with 4 65w led for side lighting in 10’ x 6’ all 4 led have different spectrum. My friend wife who i give clones to asked if it’s a clone that mean you both are growing the same plant so why is his better. I taught him how to grow he uses same soil mix but only has 4 expensive leds. And my nevilles haze cut way out preforms in my set up.

1 Like

Still in the box cause I’m finishing up outdoor. HLG Blackbird and HLG UVA supplement bar

4 Likes

been using mh for veg and hps for flower for years or natural sunlight i have used led but still prefer mh my daughter uses LEDs in her tent because they dont emit as much heat its a grow tent not a sauna…lol

Apparently there are more old school growers, I am trying Led while using hps as backup.

Got to say led is brighter than same hps power lamp.

But I am so divided, both plants critical under hps recovered from bad ph faster and are way healthier than 2 criticals on led closet that only now start to recover but the widdow next to them in the closet is about the same as the hps ones so… Tight race so far, I think yelds from best hps and led will tell the true.

2 Likes

First led light I got was a timber grow light. Was a pretty decent light. Upgraded to an roi-680 that recently burned out due to a power surge so I upgraded and bought an roi-720 for my 5 x 5. Really enjoy using the ROI line. You can add uv bars to the roi-720

I am running d.i.y. leds Samsung F series Gen 3 a few years very much to my liking. Very glad i bought them my only regret is that i didn’t buy them sooner.

4 Likes

as these? how many do you need for a 4x4 tent?
https://www.digikey.es/en/products/detail/samsung-semiconductor-inc/SI-B8V07128LWW/5358529