2022: What kind of lights are you flowering under?

600hps 400mh with 4 65w led for side lighting in 10’ x 6’ all 4 led have different spectrum. My friend wife who i give clones to asked if it’s a clone that mean you both are growing the same plant so why is his better. I taught him how to grow he uses same soil mix but only has 4 expensive leds. And my nevilles haze cut way out preforms in my set up.

1 Like

Still in the box cause I’m finishing up outdoor. HLG Blackbird and HLG UVA supplement bar

4 Likes

been using mh for veg and hps for flower for years or natural sunlight i have used led but still prefer mh my daughter uses LEDs in her tent because they dont emit as much heat its a grow tent not a sauna…lol

Apparently there are more old school growers, I am trying Led while using hps as backup.

Got to say led is brighter than same hps power lamp.

But I am so divided, both plants critical under hps recovered from bad ph faster and are way healthier than 2 criticals on led closet that only now start to recover but the widdow next to them in the closet is about the same as the hps ones so… Tight race so far, I think yelds from best hps and led will tell the true.

2 Likes

First led light I got was a timber grow light. Was a pretty decent light. Upgraded to an roi-680 that recently burned out due to a power surge so I upgraded and bought an roi-720 for my 5 x 5. Really enjoy using the ROI line. You can add uv bars to the roi-720

I am running d.i.y. leds Samsung F series Gen 3 a few years very much to my liking. Very glad i bought them my only regret is that i didn’t buy them sooner.

4 Likes

as these? how many do you need for a 4x4 tent?
https://www.digikey.es/en/products/detail/samsung-semiconductor-inc/SI-B8V07128LWW/5358529

Not exactly the same but similar, mines are already old school! :smiley:

Been running Sunraise QB3000 & QB2000 for a year perpetually. No complaints, 3-year warranty, cheaper than most lights because of the diodes. while still giving a similar full spectrum of light like big commercial brands (luxx & gravatia)

I copied your build. They seem pretty awesome. I only did one run with them so far. I’m hoping to fire them up again soon. I bought way to many strips and drivers though. I had overly ambitious plans at the time of purchase.

1 Like

I’m running 6 electric sky v300. Four in a 5x9 and two in a 4x4. Absolutely love them. Have done ten runs in the 5x9. Great yields.

2 Likes

I do a mix, led hps.

3 Likes

Great light

1 Like

HLG RSpec 550 so far, going to use a homemade QB96 soon with active cooling

3 Likes

Haha happens to all of us at some point! I’m glad they worked out well. I actually love vegging under them, too. They have just enough blue to keep plants from getting too stretchy while also having tons of red and far red to promote that VERY FAST veg growth.

I feel like they’re better able to dissipate heat when mounted to 1x1x1/8" angle aluminum from grainger, but the solid sheet works well enough! And hotdamn do they cover a lot of canopy space if you need them to!

If you’re up for it, post some pics sometime.

:sun_with_face:

Luxx 645w LED light has been performing very well

Sure, here they are. I used aluminum fence pieces because i used to work there and got them free. But its a pain to get them square. They are light, but have no heat sinks. I didn’t have nearly enough fence to use them the long way as heat sinks. I used them in a room in winter so attached the drivers to the tops for heat, but used a cookie sheet between them and the strips for a lil protection. Now i want tents, so they might come off if it gets to hot in there.
I went with 2.5X4 frames. I still have enough to make 6 more lights if anyone in Michigan is interested
used them to hang last years wedding cake

I know these plants dont look super happy, but its not the lights fault, it was pilot error.

4 Likes

Same here

4 Likes