2023 "Field of Dreams"

Trich shots of Panalawi. Went out and clipped these two sample nugglets this morning.

I posted on another forum pics of Ace Panama x Malawi since there is a thread about it. The breeder suggested it’s closer to ripe than I thought. The problem is I won’t be able to harvest between Wednesday and Sunday - so it’s either today or next Monday (or later). I’m torn. It’s more white pistils than I’m used to seeing on a “ripe” plant but it’s also a whole different, much wilder animal than the others I’ve grown :rofl:

Sativa/NLD guys have any input? Lots of plant/cola pics a few posts up, #1055

9 Likes

Personally, I’d mix your microbes in now. Give them time to multiply before you’re ready to use it.

2 Likes

That is very close if not ready.

3 Likes

I think I’ll chop the ripest parts and leave half of it for later. I deliberately picked some of the less ripe nugs for the scope.

Back in a few hours :rofl:

Thanks bud!

4 Likes

That’s good. Those few amber’s are where I like to take it.

3 Likes

I’m torn. As usual. Probably think way too much about stuff that doesn’t matter too much.

I think my Hawaiian Snow was a little lethargic because I waited too long. Of course, on the other hand, I don’t want to waste the last 6 months of work because I’m a week or two too impatient.

So I’ll split the difference. We’ll let half the plant go, and take some now. It smells fuckin’ righteous :sunglasses: Like lemon floor cleaner and some spices I can’t identify. Maybe some cedar oil in there.

I bet I fill the cabinet today with half the plant :cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

I say chop that shit and come back every night after work and chop a few shoots until its all down.

2 Likes

Of all my partial harvests,the 2nd bit is always the same. Even what I left until frost, just the same pretty much.

2 Likes

Been at work with the scissors this morning. I think we’re at about the halfway point but these lowers are going to be a lot more work.

Smell is fantastic. Super excited to have these in the cabinet :sunglasses:

The rest will wait for a few days to a week. If I didn’t know better, and my dry cabinet wasn’t full of weed I’d have no idea the top of this thing is missing. I think I just took the top 3-4 feet.

Note to self: smaller plants next year :rofl:

13 Likes

Ah huh. :rofl:

4 Likes

Smaller plants works as long as there is the same amount and quality of flower. Hell, maybe even better quality! :joy: :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

Yeah you too :wink:

2 Likes

I definitely don’t smoke enough to need plants that big. Fun to grow, but a lot of work come this time of year.

Need to figure out how I’m going to do the lowers. It’s a lot of small buds and mini-colas. Maybe I just clip them all off wet to bowl-trim and then cobb those rather than the bigger buds

5 Likes

OMG, so much work!

I’m going to hit the bong for moral support for you! smell 2 bongs

4 Likes

I remember you saying they won’t get that big. Its just living soil. I’m not pumping the nutes like you. I said you better move those pots away from each other. :rofl: Still amazed you did that by yourself. :muscle:

7 Likes

LMAO I think I remember saying something like that :joy:

The power of hindsight. And excessively tested and amended living soil :rofl:

We both had good seasons, despite some difficulties. How’s your herb drying up?

Working perfect @mota :sunglasses:

3 Likes

It’s moving along. This weekend I will start with the purple queen clip nugs off stems and rotate for a couple of days in baskets. Stick them 1lb groves.

3 Likes

Just spent another 2 hours outside clipping trunks and branches. No trim on small nugs just trimmed off the stalks so I can fit them in trays efficiently. Only the best cola tips got a wet manicure with the snippers.

I think she’s officially half harvested. Dry cabinet at maximum capacity. Gotta be 2 lbs. It’s been at least 5 hours of work today. Found a couple tiny spots of bud rot, 2 caterpillars and some leaf hoppers. Guess caterpillars prefer berry cobbler to lemon pinesol. Gorgeous buds, sticky and frosty too. Smells totally different than anything I’ve ever smelled.

Can’t wait to smoke this :cowboy_hat_face:

Do you wet trim the little nugs or just toss them in the bowl trimmer once you clip them off the stems? Good luck… you have a bunch of work too unless you got most of it done the other weekend

Smaller next year, both of us :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Yes. Not saying yours are done but in my experience with these some of them will throw white hairs forever and are not a good indicator of ripeness.

6 Likes

That @Foreigner is exactly the thought that went into the Harvesting of the Haffa Haze from the Wind Tunnel yesterday.

The south side simply looks so ready, and the white pistils are shrinking daily.

Out of town Funeral and More Rains forecast led to it being taken yesterday.
Thats her on the Left lol

Shenis a little early, I’m still loving this plant Foreigner

19 Likes