2023, new year new start....... sourdough start 😉

What is the SD starter you have been using lately?

1 Like

Some stuff I have that we started on new years day this year. And some starter we started at the beginning of covid. We call the covid one north shore starter. And the new year starter penal colony. We keep our starters in different places as to avoid contamination as well. Also separate handling and feeding.

4 Likes

a loaf from earlier this week. Making another. Also made some pizza dough…

6 Likes

Happy national sourdough day!!! Bake a loaf!!!.

https://nationaldaycalendar.com/national-sourdough-bread-day-april-1/

4 Likes

1 Like

4 Likes

I left this dough out for two days on accident then found it this morning. And baked it. It’s so freaking sour it’s amazing!. The last loaf was cooling and someone decided they wanted a couple inch and a half cuts, it was still steaming :rofl: I bet that was some good buttered fresh bread. Definitely writing down how long it took to get it this sour. On point. Some hate it. But I crave it.

3 Likes

Note to self. Pizzer dough on the counter… :laughing:

Alsoooo a batch of pretzel dough prepared.

DOOOOH!

4 Likes

Two -fer :v:

7 Likes

Nice looking bread

1 Like

5 Likes

Folded and proofing over night.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Honey Wheat Sourdough slicing load! A reciep I found on line.
I used my sprouted wheat sourdough starter I made in January, and activated it with some fresh Super Sprouted Winter Wheat, from the natural (hippy) store. It was VERY active very quick also.

My wife and grandkids say it’s my best so far.

7 Likes

Made another loaf. This time was with the Oregon trail starter. It has a much better rise than the one I managed to capture. Less sour, but that can be achieved by overproofing the dough.

also yes I know scoring is horrible. I bet you, it still tastes awesome. I just got it out of the oven. More breead to come. :bread: :crazy_face: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: crumb

5 Likes

…where’d all you donuts go?!

6 Likes

I killed my start when I got back to work and busy.
:pensive:

1 Like

Capture a new start!!!

Also long term storage in a fridge makes for less feedings.

3 Likes

I have jars that are years old in the fridge. Stir it and feed it and away you go……….

1 Like