First grow diary:GG4xDreamcatcher

Thanks. Just a pollen chuck, but they do look nice. @Dalorean did a very good job with them for sure.
I sent these seeds to others here, maybe they will be inspired to pop some. lol

3 Likes

Thanks guys for the compliments! I feel so unbelievably proud of my first grow! This is a GOOD strain! So smoke report. I took ONE hit this morning at 7:30, I am still buzzing good at noon, it’s a very SMOOTH buzz! NO anxiety whatsoever, which that was part of why I stopped smoking years back, plus I was an alcoholic so That was my thing. But I quit drinking recently that’s why I looked back to the herb Anyways, it is a killer, positive high, it’s like this plant absorbed my energy while growing it and they knew exactly what I needed! I even got emotional cuz I was so amazed how PERFECT this bud fits my frenzied brain. Thank you SO MUCH @Floyd for this gift you blessed me with, it means so much to me! And I’ll have extra seeds when I find them if anyone would be down to add this to your portfolio, as a gift or a trade. Got them trimmed and hung. Went with wet trim cuz yes it’s just easier and cleaner that way. I’ll put a timer on AC to regulate humidity for the buds. Here’s them all snipped! Kinda like me!(surgery went great, swollen and sore, but all’s good😀)

11 Likes

Looks great! Wait till you see how much those buds shrink when they dry. Lol. Glad you enjoy the smoke. It makes the grow and the waiting all worth while doesn’t it?:smiley:
Cant wait to see your next grow. :wink:

4 Likes

Yes it sure does! Ya I think reikoX mentioned it’s painful the first time you see how much they shrink😖 Unfortunately I won’t start another grow for a while. The old lady freaks out about it, especially since our state discarded the medical weed bill over a technicality so we have to wait 2 more years to get another vote(SO stupid!!). She’ll cool off after a while and I’ll start back up hopefully in a few months. Thinking Hindu Kush or Northern lights I got from I49.

2 Likes

Don’t know anything about I 49, but I’ve grown Hindu Kush before and it was pretty good.

2 Likes

Don’t forget to give me a tag when you start up a new one. I enjoyed watching this one.
:v: :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

So far the drying has been a pain in the ass. I’ve ran the ac on different cycles. Either way I do it, with ac on it gets to 35% humidity, and off, it goes up to 70-80. So I’ve leaned to equal time on/off just to balance it out. Started Saturday afternoon drying so today is day 4-5 depending how you count. Outside of buds are crispy dry. No branches are snapping yet, just bending. The buds do feel spongy to the touch, so I hope I’m not drying out too fast! Cuz I should be jarring at this point with dry outside and spongy inside, and I’ve read mixed stories on small bud stems snap vs bend to be ready for jar. What y’all think?? If I’m too dry at this time should I leave ac off for a day and let the buds sit in 70-80% humidity to moisten back up a bit? I feel like I’m butchering this dry!

2 Likes

If the stems don’t have any snap to them yet I would doubt you are too dry. The buds do get very crispy on the outside. Normal. If you do get them all trimmed and jarred and it’s too dry you can just throw something in the jar with them. I use fan leaves from vegging plants but I don’t imagine you have those. I’ve seen other ideas but can’t remember off hand.

Two fan leaves in the jar for an hour or two with a few ounces bumps rh up no problem. I wait 2 hours, remove the leaves, then see where it settles. Repeat if needed.

5 Likes

Ok so I’m in track then? They smell like cut grass real bad too. But I read here that that’s a good thing it means the chlorophyll is escaping the flowers. I did jar up some smaller branches for experimentation. Was thinking about jarring up one whole plant and let the other two go until stems snap, they just seem real dry to me but it’s the first time so I got much to learn. Yup I have no veg foliage.

2 Likes

Rush rush rush. lol. Don’t rush the dry, its important to let them dry long and slow before jarring.

6 Likes

It good to experiment as you go along…

That’s how you learn! :sunglasses: :+1:

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Well I went to check on them and they were snap dry! Not bend. Snap off. Kinda pissed off they dried so fast, the dip to the 30% humidity dried them out too fast even though the humidity went back up with the ac off of an alternate setting. Only 5 1/2 days of drying. I hope I didn’t trap the chlorophyll and stuck with alfalfa weed!!! Hopefully the cure will fix it cuz they sure smell like hay right now. Oh well!!! Most of this will be used for making butter and oils for edibles so I guess it doesn’t really matter. Weighed it all out, got 184 grams, so about 6 1/2 oz!!! That’s double then what I thought it was going to be! So I’m for sure happy with the first grow! @Floyd thank you again for this treat of a strain that was badass to call my first grow, and for all the help you’ve given me! Same goes to everyone else who has popped in and helped out, @DefNSmokn. @MoBilly. @Gpaw , @Eagles009 and others whose name I can’t think of right now(this is some gooooooooood weed!!) thanks for the fun ride I enjoyed this and will be back at it 2nd week of October With a multi-strain run!!!
It’s just the reflection there’s no moisture in the jars. Sitting at 63% humidity in them

11 Likes

If your at 63 % you should be fine if they over dried. You’ll know in a week if the smells change .

5 Likes

Congrats on the haul! 63 rh is great. I wouldn’t sweat the 5.5 days. Most of my plants are ready to jar in less time than that. Hopefully that hay smell doesn’t stick. I’ve never had a plant smell bad after dry so I’m not sure why that would be.

On the plus side I’m very happy that your satisfied with the smoke…in the end that’s really all that matters.

5 Likes

Well done!!!
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
That looks like a great harvest!!

3 Likes

Nice haul! Looking forward to seeing your next grow in October. :smiley: :+1:

2 Likes

Relax & chill…

You nailed it!! :sunglasses: :+1:

Cheers
G

3 Likes