2nd Grow: berry theme

Dang! That sucks. Yeah. Treat her like a Queen!

3 Likes

Just bad luck bud. Scrog that girl. Spread her out and get multiple colas.
If its not to late.

4 Likes

With all that room she should give the maximum harvest she can! 4 1/2 oz off of one girl would be nice! Let her stretch OUT! :joy::+1:

3 Likes

Y’all make me feel so much better lol. So Strawberry Deisel it is. I was really hoping to have a Frostberry too but I got more seeds still, maybe I’ll keep a male and try to harvest pollen…outside away from the female of course. Ok I’ll read up on scrog and see what we can do!

2 Likes

Culled the males. Can’t I cook these down to make butter? Or are males not worth the effort? I

7 Likes

I wouldn’t think that they would have much of anything to them. I wouldn’t say I’m 100% but yeah. :thinking:

2 Likes

Nope, waste of time. Compost.

6 Likes

Little after 3 weeks of flower. Ugh. The one that was female happened to be the one plant that wasn’t looking good. I’m convinced it has a fungus problem. The other ones looked beautiful and they all had the same treatment. I switched to flowering nutes. But with this awe full yellowing I gave it some veg nutes to see if it will green up some. Ugh! I been working 70 hours a week lately too so it hasn’t gotten any attention. It’s flowering pretty alright though so it is what it is.

4 Likes

It sure looks unhappy.
I’m thinking hungry and something else… Hows the water pH?

What has you leaning towards fungus? The necrotic tips or something else?

{edit} Something I just figured out that will help with over-watering is using a small electronic scale. Figure our the ‘dry weight’ of the pot and soil and what looks like a good ‘wet weight’ … (I’m still working out the SOP :laughing:) but I was surprised how ‘goof proof’ it worked out.

Cheers
G

1 Like

@Gpaw I forget the name of it but our maple trees and weeping mulberry got this fungus this year bad. It causes the leaves to brown up like this plant. There’s nothing you can do to get rid of it, but it doesn’t kill the plant/trees. Just have to wait for the leaves to all fall off at the end of the season. But it very well could be malnutrition I’ll keep treating it with nutes and hopefully makes a comeback. Just not sure what nutes to give it

1 Like

I’d top dress about 4 tablespoons of fresh worm casings and water that in.
Other approaches could be a Kelp/Alfalfa tea.

But check your water pH, that ‘bit me on the butt’ before.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Ok thanks for the advice I have worm castings and some of that brown poop water whatever it’s called in my worm bin. And yes I will check my water ph both run off and in my jug. Last time I checked our well water it was 6.5
I’ve also been preoccupied with this!

I haven’t done this in YEARS and got lucky with a purchased syringe on some wild bird seed. Omg I started a thread in shroomery haven’t been there in years also, and let me tell you. They are some STUCK UP arrogant assholes there now!!! I didn’t even post there for updates. Kinda want to go show I still got it but they’ll probably have something snarky to say. Eff them

4 Likes

Honestly that kinda looks like it’s possibly over watered.

2 Likes

I guess Im still a member there. I havent been on that site in a very long time though. Was a great place for mush info. Sad to here its gone down hill. I like shrooms. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I bought something similar to this.

Mine is slightly different. It has two probes and measures soil pH and light level as well.
After checking with the meter and lifting the bags before watering I can now just lift the bags a bit and I can tell.

3 Likes

I had ‘borrowed’ my wife’s …but had to give it back… :laughing: :vulcan_salute:

I found it also useful for checking for dry pockets when I caught myself under watering.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

It helped me out when I first got it. I was pretty clueless about watering then. I was truly the “Plant Assassin” back then. :laughing:

2 Likes

At 6 weeks tomorrow! Sorry I haven’t posted, this grow has been, anticlimactic to say the least with this round. Problem still hasn’t gone away I tried the water meter, the ph tester, no nutes, flower nutes, veg nutes, let it dry out, let it get super moist, it’s not getting better. Oh well!!! It’s budding and smells amazing! Has strong berry smell. All berry!

8 Likes

Nice and fat.

2 Likes

How is the trichrome production on it going?

3 Likes