2x2x4 grow tent set up

Lookin good dude! How do they smell

2 Likes

@DankyStank619 Hey first time grower here and I was wondering what do you use for your ventilation in your grow tent?

this is my ventilation. The 300 watt les doesnt give off to much heat like a hps or mh

3 Likes

They smell like organic soil gg4! its getting stronger

1 Like

Smells sweet and sour

1 Like

Looks awesome, I have the same setup.

I can get the seeds to sprout but can;t seem to get them to pop up from the soil.

How far away from the light did you put them at first? How much water?

I have paid for seeds and donā€™t want to mess up again, your grow looks awesome.

1 Like

At first I had the light about 14 inches from the plants. Water it depends how big your pot it. Its best to start them off in a solo cup, did you place thr seedlinds in with the root facing down? You dont have to bury them to deep, like a quarter inch deep is good, and dont pack the soil to tight when you cover them up. I hope you get your seeds to sprout, good luck!

4 Likes

cool thanks, I planted yesterday but looked under the dirt today and the root was pointed the wrong way, so I pointed it straight down. The seed is at the top it looks like its cracking, I am trying not to mess with it. So itā€™s been in the dirt one day, how long do you think it will take? The root looked to be about a quarter inch long. Thanks man your plants are sparkling, I hope mine grows up like that some day.

The roots find their way down in time ā€“ as someone who has killed germinating seeds due to impatience, my recommendation is to wait for nature to do its thing :grin: RapidRooters are also, in my opinion, worth it: have had 100% success with them.

If youā€™re using LEDs for germinating, err on the side of caution for distance. Seedlings donā€™t need (or want) intense light. I switched back to fluorescents for seedlings/clones because thereā€™s less to worry about.

2 Likes

I am following you guys advice and hoping she is going to be ok. She is in a solo cup and under cfl until she gets big enough for led.

Thanks guys and sorry to hijack, once I get growing for real I will make my own thread.

3 Likes

Its all good @Dale . Thanks bro! You will get there soon, are you using regular seeds? And what strains?

2 Likes

Itā€™s a single seed of mendocino purple kush feminised. I donā€™t know the breeder, it was a freebie I got with another seeds order. But I no longer have access to my safe address so really hoping for success, and I have killed a lot of seeds and baby plants over the years and havenā€™t grown for a while so worrying probably more than I should. Thanks for the help and encouragement.

2 Likes

Very nice. Iā€™m doing the same set up. Gonna do one plant at a time and lst. What was your dry weight with those four plants?

1 Like

this is from one plant

2 Likes

this is another plant. I did have a hermie that pollinated most of my bud , but I look at the bright side ā€¦ I have about 100 seeds and counting that will last me years. I will eventually try new genetics but for now, I will master this strain! Dry weight is was just over 3 oz of dank buds, the seeds I have to deal with, but it is fire! I have saved alot of money not having to buy meds from the shop :grin:

3 Likes

when they were drying in the tent :grin:

4 Likes

Though I admire your optimism, thereā€™s an extreme likelihood that plants grown from these seeds will go hermie themselves. I had one plant go ever-so-slightly hermie my last grow (premature bananas near two bud sites, no seeds that I am aware of), and I launched its clones into the sun. This fun thread about feminized seeds opened my eyes to the risks of feminized seeds and the spread of hermaphrodites.

Anyway, enough of being a debbie downer: that looks like some delicious smoke, so congrats on the harvest :grin:

2 Likes

Nice buds! Btw have you tried to measure real power usage? Is that the 136 watts model? Their labeling is pretty confusing

Yes the hermed seeds will have hermie traits. Also bagseed is absolutely nothing like any of the parentsā€¦ i get so caught up in the infoXD damn those look great dude!!! Hows the nose on them

1 Like

So Iā€™m brand spanking new, and my question was, what gallon pots did you finish with and how tall was your final grow? I have exact same setup and am worried about how many I can grow at once and also height bc I want to veg as long as possible without harming my ladies. I will scrog for sure jw. Thanx in advance and great looking harvest!!