Certified noob needs help on first grow

Hello! Just started my first grow. The seeds took about 3 days to germinate. These seedlings are on day 11. They are about 1 1/2 inch tall each.
I have been watering them with 6.6ph water.

Equipment so far,
48"x24"x60" tent
4" incline duct fan with carbon filter
2 oscillating fans

I am using strictly Happy Frog soil at the moment. Have not feed them anything else.

The humidity has been at around 40-53. I do not have a humidifier but working on getting one soon.

Viparspectra VA2000.

Using the Led manual to adjust the temperatures so currently at around 60% veg brightness but not using the bloom lighting as it gets too hot in the tent.

Temperatures are at around 77 but at night go to 81-83. Also working on getting an ac for the tent.

One picture i put a little green arrow on. That seedling seems to not be growing as good as the others.

My question is are they growing alright or too slow? I don’t want to mess up my first grow any advice or tips and help is greatly appreciated!

11 Likes

ID drop thr ph to 6.2 otherwise LITFA

6 Likes

Welcome @Messenger!
Your plants look good, keep the light close so they don’t stretch to your lights. Monitor them so they don’t get light burn. What strain are you running? Some of our very knowledgeable members will weigh in. Good luck!

3 Likes

I got BOG lifesaver and a few Remedy CBD seeds going. Not sure if thats a good idea doing cbd and thc grow same time?

4 Likes

Thanks man ill do just that!

1 Like

I’ll never understand why people want to run their PH so low… PH has everything to do with the plants ability to uptake nutrients, along with other factors… Soil for this plant runs best at neutral or slightly lower… I proved this to a friend who kept his around 6. Recommended he doesn’t go below 6.5 and best off at 6.6 to 7. He got it dialed in at 6.8 and so many things improved for him… this and air flow makes for the biggest crops… especially during flower you want lots of air moving around them… good luck man

4 Likes

Forgot to give a shot at 6.2

a couple of weeks from chopIMG_20201121_183938 1st grow after 40 years

4 Likes

Peaceout and stay safe

1 Like

Them again its all about how you want to grow individuality

1 Like

Patience is key. I’m not seeing anything that needs adjust based on the photos alone. I just dropped over 20 seeds and only ended up with about 15 healthy seedlings. Some just dont wanna cooperate and that’s alright. Let them do their thing and holler at us if you have any further questions. First grows are full of questions, were here to help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wecome Messenger!
As far as you green arrow, I’m wondering if the either of the fans are directed at them.
Myself, I’ve not used a fan in many years now, BUT I overclock my extractor fan to bring in lots of fresh air through the passive intakes.
Sometimes, blowing air directly on a young plant can cause the leaf to transpire moisture to quickly, in an indoor environment.
Aiming your fan at a back wall, can help, and you still have your air circulation that can be critical. Once they grow out a few leaves, the air currents become less of an issue, IMHO!
My tip to a new grower, Do NOT love them to death. Water to the weight of the pot, and water to see a tiny trickle from the bottom of the pot. Last, try not to love them to death.
Best to ya!

2 Likes

Bit of an update. Day 18. Seedlings are about 2 inches tall. 3 of the 5 are droopy.

I’m guessing it may be over watering. So I stopped watering. They are on day 5 without water.
I read that the soil retains alot of water so even if it may seem as though there is no water there can be towards the bottom of the pot?

Are these still in the seedling stage? I was planning on transplanting them into 1. gallon pots then 3 gallon for flowering. What should I do?

2 Likes

Is 50 happy frog/50 ocean forest ok for the veg pots or is that too much ocean forest?

1 Like

Yeah, 50/50 HF/OF soil will work for veg. I would wait to transplant until the foliage is roughly the size of the container. Thats when they will have bigger roots. :+1::seedling:

3 Likes

What about the droopyness? I was about to transplant tonight but I will wait some more. :grinning:

No way is I ready for transplanting, the dirt will just fall away and you roots may be damaged. Don’t water until the surface of you container appears dry. Get a feel for what a watered container feel like when you pick it up, then you’ll know when it’s actually need it if it feels too light.

2 Likes

Ok thanks guys

Few days after my last post which was 2 days ago some of the plants went completely droppy.

The soil seems dry though. The stems are fine, nice and sturdy but the leave droopy as hell.

Light is about 22 in. from the plant and i have the VEG dimmer at about 60%. Bloom is off. The light is 395watts. Not sure what to do.

Try some PHedwater

1 Like

Just started some lifesaver and sweet Cindy. I usually just soak in water, but I moved these to paper towel and when I did I forgot which was which. But I’ll figure it out study yours lol.

1 Like