3 4 A Kg (Three For a 🔑) even more Automatic Writing

:speaking_head: @GrouchyOldMan
I think it’s everything you mentioned in concert.

• As long as your plant is healthy the earlier the topping the better. This not only gets any slow down in growth over with very early but also gives the plant more time to establish plant structure and increase in size before flowering starts in full.
• From what I have seen, even though flowering time is generally the same as with photo plants; flowering starts around week 4 and is in full swing by week 5 of the plants life for autos. This equates to 3 - 4 weeks less time in veg mode, plant structure layout and training - due to this growing an auto out as a quad will help to alleviate lack of growth due to shortened ‘veg’ mode. Growing the plant out as a quad will also give you more flowering growth tips in the same amount of time.
:v:

2 Likes

Precisely so, and you explain it perfectly! That’s why I call you Maestro @BU2B!

Can’t wait till 3 4 A Key Part Two kicks in! What are you doin in the meantime?

2 Likes

Not a lot - but I’m doing it well :+1:t3:
I’m growing out the two remaining plants from the first failed 3 4 a :key: grow.

After that I’ve got a batch of photos I’m aching to give a try. Then back on the road with the 3 4 a :key: reunion tour. :crossed_fingers::v:

2 Likes

I’m just now planning my December Moon grow! The lineup is two epic photo regs OG Kush. Critical Kush, a White Widow Fem, and I’ll add at least one Black Cream auto timed so they all harvest in April.

So easy to say but a hat trick to pull off without problems!

I’m also yearning to break out those Congo Gelato seeds from @bobgrows! Bobbi is one great gal, worth knowing.

4 Likes

:v::wheel_of_dharma:

10 Likes

I don’t know the rules and laws of autonomics but here’s what I think I’ve figured out so far;
Those in the know (just about anyone other than me) please feel free to correct and direct as needed -
• pre-flowers and/or un opened calyx’s appear about week 3 (21-28 days old)
• slow down of rapid growth veg mode starts week 4 or 5 with full flowering following closely behind. slow down of growth as first pistils appear then stretching for flowering
• as with photos most if not all stretching is done by the end of the 3rd week of flowering
• also as with photos the size of the plant does reflect in the harvest yield. due to this, autos that start full flowering at week 5 instead of week 4 will be larger and tend to yield more

Okay all y’all - educate me please :pray:

6 Likes

That’s pretty much spot on in my experience… genetics being deciding factor.

5 Likes

Stoned musings -
From the current grow - so ya know. Incase you can’t tell; YES the 3rd photo in the collage IS edited.

Sometimes, when I’m sitting watching the grass grow I wonder why one plant is so much different from another and why strains appear to take to training so differently?! :thinking: Quite often I find I break my original observational myth when I do an actual comparison. Such as shown below.

Though these two strains look quite different; actual plant structure given the same amount of time is practically indistinguishable. Close enough that for 5 out of 5 I’ve been able to replicate the same results: 24+ flowering growth tips before the start of week 5.
:wheel_of_dharma::v:

6 Likes

9 Likes

The remaining cast at the Halfway point 6 weeks down, 6 weeks to go. I think I’m learning a few things that will help with the 3 4 A :key: reboot coming up this April.

I hope everyone had a Nice Fall - like rain.
WINTER IS COMING :v:

8 Likes

LAYING THE GROUND WORK
——————————————
The Final Cut -
25 November 2022

Here’s the girls this morning after the last BIG haircuts until the prom (in about 5 weeks). They’ve got their bunny tails on, getting a little frost on the pumpkin and getting ready to do at least 5 more weeks of fattening up and filling out.

POSSIBLE HARVEST -
• Double Grape 50+ flowering branches at 4-7” 20+ oz’s - shooting for a more practical 8-10 oz’s.
• Scarlet Runtz - 40+ flowering branches at 5-9” 18+ oz’s. Once again aiming for a more practical and probable harvest of 8-10 oz’s

What I’m learning about the possibility of growing 3 autos for 2.2 lbs?
• The Black Cream I KNOW can pull at least 12 oz.
• Though shorter the Double grape is VERY prolific and depending on bud density should deliver at least 10 oz’s
• Scarlet Runtz is stiff and stout and once again, depending on final bud density should bring at least 8-10 oz’s
• 12+10+10 = I’m pretty sure it can be done. We’re gonna find out in the spring. :wink:

11 Likes

29 November 2022

STALKing Stuffers
Stalks are 2” tall 1.5” in diameter - it’s all branches and flowers. :wink:

12 Likes

Entertaining commentary and impressive results @BU2B!

I always enjoy following your grows.
-Grouchy

4 Likes

Will this method work in soil or do you need the speed of hydro to get the right growth? You mentioned growing quad. What is that? I’m really interested in this method but I’m not quite getting something.

3 Likes

It will work regardless of growing medium but may need to be adjusted for time for mediums other than hydro. What’s important is the plant structure :v:

This is what I mean by grown out as a quad. Instead of two main branches - for autos I use 4 and don’t top the 4 ends as I would for a photo plant.

3 Likes

Announcement

The 3 for a Kg reboot grow is more than likely going to be delayed for a few weeks (probably until May) - life happens.

But what has caused the slight delay is actually what the announcement is about.

Starting January 21 I will be starting THE MONSTER MASH grow. This grow will feature BU2B’s PPP method being used on at least one phenotype of the newly minted Feminized Frankenstein - from seed (AKA Frankensteins Daughter), along with a MAG Landrace photo also from seed. Others may join the party, I’m not sure yet.

FD Feminized and MAG feminized will start the MONSTER MASH here on The OG 21 January 2023.
Here we grow again…

5 Likes

This should be a good show @BU2B!

You know I’ll be watching. :+1: :+1: :popcorn:

-Grouchy

4 Likes

Tagging along, sounds like fun!

Cheers
G

4 Likes
2 Likes

Riding along for this monster mash.
So @BU2B do you recommend removing all downward facing growth even if not using your method? I have one on a quad style and one that was just topped but spread out. Hopefully these pics help.

3 Likes