3 bladed leaves on plant, what's going on here?

Hey OG,
This is an F2 cross of two autos, Loco Mota and Purple Heart.
She was started indoors with normal 5 leafed development, flowering when put outdoors 2 months ago.
She’s been putting out 3 bladed leaves ever since and flowers have all but disappeared (she’s auto no longer)

Typical new, outdoor growth.

Here’s one of the original fans.

WTH?

2 Likes

That looks like re-veg in my limited experience.
But obviously that should not happen with an auto…

2 Likes

Well she looks like her mom as far as leaf appearance goes but not at all like Purple Heart or Loco Mota.
Pretty sure the PH was femmed.
To clarify, Purple Heart F X Loco Mota M
Mom had no 3 bladed leaves.

1 Like

That looks like a plant that’s trying to re veg itself. You get weird growth and single / triple leaves until the plant “resets” into either vegging or flower. Was the male an autoflower? Could be that it brought in some photo period action and this was an unlucky mutation of a semi auto. What times was it running indoors?

2 Likes

Both original plants were auto’s and I think you’re spot on in the mutation or probably just the dominant photo re-emerging.
Mom was one hell of a stone :crazy_face:

Never really have seen 3 blades this long into growth though, the whole plant (new growth) is 3 bladed.

1 Like

I don’t know about autos but my photos re - vegged all had three leaf and single leaf until a few weeks ago . Normal for my grows .

2 Likes

Thanks gramps.
Phew, thought I had put the hoodoo on her.
Looks to me also like this should be a warning to not try and cross femmed plants, but if this is one of PH or LM’s parents showing through, she is much stronger than either of the two.
Too bad, none of the wonderful smell of Purple Heart or the fattest, happiest leaves I’ve ever grown.
And the purple!
Never knew I liked purple before.
Loco Mota is a much shorter plant than her kids or PH but spicier aroma and somewhat stronger too.

Only a few seeds left of PH, I’m gonna mix up a batch of CS for them.

I had a plant grown outside last year that started with regular fan leaves but ended up with 1 and 3 finger leaves all throughout the grow and flowering. It flowered fine but was a mutant of sorts because I know the guy who gave them to me and I’ve seen his a lot that always look normal. It was probably something I did that made it revert.

1 Like

My Tiger Jack cross had a mutant phenome that caused some to stop growing vertical, vine and try to creep along the ground.
According to the links below, these creepers can take root outdoors with another plant shooting up from there.