Anybody had a plant only grow 2 and 3 blade fan leaves?

Is this a mutant of some sort? It appears to be very healthy so much so that it took me this long to realize there were no fan leaves with more than three blades. A couple two blades even. The plant is frosty af tho so I’m not mad but it is definitely a curious sight and something I haven’t experienced during my short growing career.

The strain is an Auto by Mephisto Genetics called Forum Stomper. 2 blade leaves on bud sited weird af.

Both these plants are a good 80 days old despite being autos with an advertised FINISH time of 70 days from seedling to harvest. They are on 19.5/4.5 right now as I dial back 30 minutes a week for the last couple weeks till we end up at 18/6 before 48 hours of dark. Don’t ask me why. I’m simulating shortening of days or something. Makes sense to me lol.

I planted two and only one is doing it and looks very different from the 3 blades.

7 Likes

That is one heck of a mutation you got there.

3 Likes

Literally just noticed it :joy:

2 Likes

I’m thinking the regular rules of weed physics clearly don’t apply to this plant so I’m gonna take a couple cuts and see what happens.

4 Likes

That would be a good idea. Mutations like that do not happen everyday.

3 Likes

VERY odd. Usually I see something like this only when the plant is revegging/reverting back to veg phase from late in bloom.

9 Likes

Could be a ruderalis trait showing itself as dominant. That’s what I’m leaning towards but I feel like that would decrease potency. That being said it’s significantly more frosted than it’s sister and I would think dominant ruderalis genes would decrease potency based on what the internet claims about them. This is from Mephisto and I’ve heard great things about their genetics so idk. Long as it don’t grow balls or start throwing nanners I’m gonna embrace it’s uniqueness.

2 Likes

What do you got going for a light?

2 Likes

I’ve had that happen when a plant is re-vegging for sure. But actually the Sour D xLemon Skunk that I was running last year did that outdoors when it was flowering too. She wasn’t extremely stressed so I’m not quite sure what the reason was but at one point she was only putting out single blade fan leaves. But she continued to progress and flower so🤷‍♂️

4 Likes

In a similar boat. The plant is thriving, but its certainly odd.

6 Likes

Just to be sure, you don’t have any major light leaks that would cause it to reveg? If you’re growing in a tent I’d recommend going inside zipping it up and turning off the lights inside while leaving lights outside the tent on and sit there for maybe 5 mins til your eyes are better adjusted and make sure there’s no leaks. Just my 2 cents though. Otherwise, I’ve gotta do some more reading cause I’m not sure what causes that if it’s not re-vegging or really stressed

3 Likes

Did some quick searching and only info I can find that isn’t about reveg says that issue is strictly related to stress. Light, temp, humidity, nutes, water, that kind of thing. I didn’t think my Sour D x Lemon Skunk was stressed and it continued this up until the end of its life starting maybe 1/3 of the way into flower, but I suppose I could have been letting it dry out a bit much between watering🤷‍♂️

1 Like

I’ve had plants throw single blade or just 2 or 3 leaf fingers when they didn’t have enough light.

3 Likes

One of my reveg did this and my Texada Timewarp cutting outside was mainly a three leafer too.I thought I was thr only one getting some wierd shit.I feel better now lol

![image|375x500.jpeg)

4 Likes

Cross them! Do IT…lol

1 Like

HLG260 and a TS600 in a 2x4

This plant is definitely in flower and not veg. Definitely not a light leak im using an AC Infinity tent, and it’s not a lack of light because I have about 43 watts per square foot

2 Likes

This plant is in DWC so it’s not a watering issue. Gotta be genetic. But this plant should have been finished two weeks ago. It’s still got a good thirty days left.

1 Like

Didn’t you say it was an auto?

That thought occurred to me, but again… auto

5 Likes

I grew a few black dominas outside some years back and one of them did the same thing as yours. It’s was just as potent as the others.

3 Likes