30%+ THC Strains

This is a little different than what you are talking about, but I thought it would be interesting in the context of this thread.

One of the licensed farms was testing a new “quick curing system” which cost several grand.
It looked like a digital safe, and it was basically performing an automated burping process by pumping in air, then pumping it out until it created a vacuum, and then pumping in fresh air.
It was supposed to get a batch down to optimal moisture level in just four hours. The main aspect of curing this cannot replicate is time.

I was a little bit skeptical, because it is my understanding that chlorophyll breaks down over time and gradually off-gasses. This process would remove moisture content, but would not decrease chlorophyll content.

7 Likes

Not sure if it has been mentioned but tk beans blue13 has tested 30+ and their indian larry has tested 38%

5 Likes
  • 2020 BAD GIRL
  • got MOM tied down in my tent ATM.
  • [.she’s gonna get cut…]

8 Likes

are cuts going to be shared? Lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: that is a very tasty looking cola.

1 Like

Breeders have some testing tools they can use to incease thc/cbd levels, its by using predicative testing on potential keeper cultivars. I know Kevin Jodrey was using it to detect higher thc outliers within his seedling batches a long time ago now. Kev already knows which seedplants will have the highest potential for hot numbers early on. Everything else can be culled. I have heard cbd is more tricky to track down with predicative testing for young seedlings.
I can see if a certain local cannabinoid testing company seems to have higher thc numbers results than the others its only good business to use that company.
Ive also heard that Irie Genetics’ Arise does have legit 30% thc potential within its breed.
RebelGrowns’ Double OG Chem has 30% thc potential also. Jodrey said he was using a Rebels’ DOG Chem high thc male to hit clone onlys to increase thc numbers in the clone onlys for rec markets.
Tho Kev also talks about his Creme Brulee cut that comes in at mid teens thc levels, but claims he can get $4000/lb all day for it.It has a great quality of experience.
Till people get educated that thc numbers isnt the be all end all in cannabis. Its the quality of the experience that matters most. Canna-science is still in its infancy also. till they better understand entourage effects, terp effects on the buzz etc, we’re still in the wild west days of cannabis understanding.
Till everyone s better educated, thc numbers will be a cultivars’ main selling point IMO.

6 Likes

Ohio has a chocolope strain from the grower “Riveria Creek” that, according to state tested packaging, is hitting 32-34%

4 Likes

Being able to breed plants in much larger population pools than 10 yrs ago makes a huge difference… Guys are working populations of 2000-3000 plants to find that one winner.Pulling out crazy outliers.

11 Likes

here are dispo had blue dream at 34 percent wife caught a small buzz, not I

1 Like

We just had Donnie Burger test 32% total THC and 36% THCa. An inhouse strain one of the owners bred was 31.9 total THC and 36% THCa. :+1:

7 Likes

I heard that is a very cheesy strain - what are your impressions on the terpene profile? I am on the hunt for the cheesiest cheese I can find.

3 Likes

I’d keep hunting, but that’s me. If you want super potent, might be a good choice.

3 Likes

I’ve got Hazeman’s Cheese BX in line, also looking for that cheddar to put in my stank bank.

7 Likes

I have been looking at that one - be sure to let us know how it is :cheese:

2 Likes

What are the top 10 strongest strains you can grow

1 Like

Define strong. Soaring sativas? Couch lock indicas?

Hash wins every time.

2 Likes

Like Foreigner said, it depends on your definition of strong, but I think scrolling through this thread you can find quite a few contenders.

1 Like

I’ve got a buddy who only breeds old landrace strains. He said he has some 1969 Mekong that’s like a mild mushroom trip.

The high is solely dependant on the 80ish terps and cannabinoids that are supposed to be in every weed but one or another or a bunch get phased out with every new cross someone makes with them.

This is why I’m trying to get my hands on old untouched shit, I wanna smoke a joint and start seeing shit vs getting normal

6 Likes

Hmm maybe that’s why I’m old school and love my NL#5 / 7, white widow and GDPs LOL. Back to the basics :wink:

3 Likes

Personal preference but I’m much more into the terps than the thc %.

3 Likes

100% agree. Taste and smell are what makes the smoke good for me.

2 Likes