Worst hyped strains you have grown

Everybody here at one time or another has had to grow something that was down right obtuse to what the hype was all about.

I’ll start this with Valley ghash definitely very disappointed only 1 out of 4 phenos was worth putting a torch to.

Heard so much about the SFV makes me not want to try the other SFV hybrids I have.

16 Likes

that surprises me, i would run butt naked into a burning building to save my vg cut. i had two phenos initially and it was hard to choose between them. were the seeds you popped old or otherwise not ideal?

7 Likes

I have had a few.

1. King Tut Was on an AK47 search, ran 10 Tuts, although I had seen people talk it up, all 10 were duds!!!

2. Delta 9 labs Superstar… wildest branching plant I ever grew, went absolutely huge. Weed had such a funky cheap perfume smell I could not smoke it at all.

3. Orange Goji by @50State…SHOULD have huge buzz surrounding it, but does not. So this listing is backwards…Something that should be hyped to the maxx, but is not!

13 Likes

I had one cross with the SFV in her…forgot what it was now, but it was excellent. All the SFV I have tried has also been excellent

10 Likes

I had it but lost it, I actually really liked that strain.

24karot, was suppose to have golden nuggets and be quite potent. Potent yes, smokable NO WAY< unless you like smoking cooked carrots lol. No one could smoke it, turned into medibles.

8 Likes

Gonna throw another one out there.
Black Domina x NL1 of Coastals
2 different phenos out of 5 beans.

Maybe I was just asking for to much but with that pedigree should’ve been a slam dunk into the all time favorite.

6 Likes

Hso…chemdog…sucks…

7 Likes

Their Blue Dream was only OK too…

5 Likes

I still have 2 singles left…from a 3pk…the one female I got grew ok real viney like ogs…but that mildew, wet animal smell on the flowers killed it for me…along with the subpar potency. Even the clone that ran outside did the same…im good on trying them again

4 Likes

Not the worst strain but worse supposed strain
Cali connections bubba kush
I’ve grown the real cut of bubbah and it’s some super unique and dank ass herb.
Out of 10 fem seeds not one was even close to the real deal.
Ok one looked almost right but the smell and taste had zero similarities and the potentcy sucked.
I think swerve had a few original cuts but was reckless in his manner of creating seeds. I have some more of there gear to test but they dont have great reviews so it’s a after thought.

7 Likes

Not specially hyped, but watched after a long period of inactivity : Serious 6 by serious seeds. The stupid name was a warning i think lol In growing it, i’ve realized how badly was drived the initial line trough this joke, sorry this hybrid.

This is the pure version :

Acclimatized during 10 years straight and 100% outdoor, released widely in 2003-2005. But they are not alone to have totally fucked it.

7 Likes

HSO and Cali connection never delivered anything other than garbage for me, and most other people.

-GH

17 Likes

Yeah…the greenpoint gear…rocked harder than those…which surprises me

4 Likes

Greenpoint at least had a proven male, which delivered. Say what you want about GPS and Gu, the flower was always decent.

-GH

12 Likes

That’s all I’m growing rn. Tomahawk and Raindance. Do you know if Tomahawk was discontinued? It’s not on the site anymore. Maybe I should make f2’s

@GrowHard

9 Likes

Bro, I like what I’ve seen of greenpoint, I was saying it surprised me that greenpoint stuff is better…i wouldn’t have guessed it. This chem d/bubba ×pestilence ×stardawg …is sooo tempting to pop and search thru…but I got other stuff first.

4 Likes

Ha! I was about to post same thing. Gu may have a bad rep in the community, its all due to that s1 fiasco. His stardawg crosses are fire, at least the few that ive run

4 Likes

Do you have any grow logs of the raindance? I have a pack that I will run sometime in the future, but I haven’t seen much info here on OG about anybody growing it. Extremely curious about your experience with it.

5 Likes

@Jetdro said it already but Tutankhamon from Pyramid seeds and Super Critical from Green House Seeds. Hands down the funkyest bunk crap I ever grew.

5 Likes

Who was looking for green crack/green goblin?

4 Likes