3D Printed Seed Shipping Pucks and Loader

They look awesome! I don’t have a 3D printer but if i did well…

:peace_symbol:

5 Likes

I knew you were working on something. Awesome stuff right there, man. I’ll be hanging around this thread if you don’t mind.

5 Likes

Those are dope. I’m making a list of things that I need that can be printed so that eventually I will just have to get a
3D printer.

5 Likes

You should suggest that PET plastic is used, as it is food safe.

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

4 Likes

Love this idea. Looks amazing :clap: :heart_eyes:
Now I just need a 3d printer haha :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

You are awesome, @Mr.Sparkle ! I’ve uploaded your source files locally here, so that people can download directly from Overgrow.

For anyone missing their own 3d printer, get your seed pods printed from a fellow OGer here:

22 Likes

Before I came to this community, I never saw a practical purpose for a 3D printer, beyond prototyping things, but damned if I’m not rolling the idea around in the back of my mind now.

13 Likes

That is the power of the “OG”…
The more you read in here the more ideas you get to supercharge your abilities.

The seed Shipping Puck & Loader is absolutely fantastic in my book… :+1:

I worry each and every time I send seeds that they will be crushed but the pucks will pretty much take the worry away.
As a Bonus the pucks weight way less than a coin flip and take up less room which means more beans in one envelope.+ + +

I consider it a very inexpensive insurance policy… (Que National wide Insurance song…)

Take my :moneybag:

:heart: you OG :call_me_hand:

13 Likes

There’s also the ‘branch bender’ (several designs) that look very handy for LST.
Also, cannagar forms and ‘seed crackers’ as well.

It keeps getting harder to say no to a 3D printer… :rofl: :vulcan_salute:

Cheers
G

8 Likes

Started playing with a modified design earlier tonight, i remove two slots and added a seed well im liking it better still gonna tweak depths and angles a bit more.

28 Likes

That’s awesome, loving the redesign. Nice work.

2 Likes

The indents make it easier to hold, now if only STL’s were an accepted file format to upload.

24 Likes

Hell to the hells yeah!

3 Likes

What are you using to design these? Really looking good. Might have to try these just to organize the vault

2 Likes

That is nice work, seriously. I wish the engineers I worked with did this good of work in improving and tweaking their designs haha :+1:

3 Likes

There are a few options, right now I’m using fusion, I don’t like the whole cloud storage and connection bs, but the program is pretty smooth in comparison to say freecad and with a hobbiest licence it’s free so…

3 Likes

That’s what I use as well. I’m running a Voxelab Aquila FDM printer that I’ve modded up a bit. Right now having fun printing 32mm miniatures with a 0.2mm nozzle that are meant for resin printers. Getting some pretty decent results.

6 Likes

Is that zanketsu?

These look great!
I want 1

3 Likes

i have “plenty” of 28-32mm miniature files have subscribed to a few patreons on and off for awhile now

2 Likes

The white one is a little cloud strife and the blue one is just a random pirate mini