3D Printed Seed Shipping Pucks and Loader

Well decided to get my act in gear and design up some Seed Pucks and a Loader for the community.

This is a combo of ideas spurred on by @SensiBowl seed loader design , and @Nagel420 single seed cell additions, thanks for your contributions.

Its great to see my Seed Holder design (shared 2 years ago) grow and evolve and i hope this idea continues to progress thru the contribution of community members.

The Purpose of the Pucks is to allow Seed shipping by Regular letter post and to have letters conform under max thickness requirements ā€œ5mmā€ for base letter postage whether Canada, USA, or elsewhere.

So here is a first shared rendition of a loader and some associated pucks to go along with it for the community.

Updated 6 puck loader with well.

Here are the shared files, they are also on Cults and or Thingeverse with the title ā€œSeed Puck Loader & Pucksā€ so people can download the designs how they please.

8_Slot_25mm_Puck_Loader.stl (657.1 KB)

25mm_Round_10_Hex_Cell_Puck.stl (262.5 KB)

25mm_Round_18mm_Single_Hex_Cell_Puck.stl (80.3 KB)

Cults link to 6 puck loader and pucks

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/home/seed-puck-loader-pucks

On to the detailsā€¦

I designed this loader at minimum to be able to be printed on a standard size SLA printer ā€œElegoo Mars, Anycubic Photon, ectā€ and the design should work on your FDM printer of choice as well ā€œEnder 3, ectā€

Print layer height i suggest setting at 0.125mm

The Loader isnā€™t required as you can just print and use the pucks as is and just hand load them or dunking them into some seeds if you have that many.

To secure the seeds use of 25mm/1" round stickers is suggested, they are easy to obtain as ā€œcoding dotsā€ or generic stickers at dollar stores, stationary store, or most online ordering sites for a couple $ for hundred or so.

Note: I share these designs to be freely download, printed, modified and used for the community.

However this post and posts of others within this tread is not an invitation or offer of printing services of myself and or of other members unless they so say otherwise, please respect that.

Print awayā€¦

84 Likes

Just to show some of the revisions and changes i was playing with for the above designs.

And you may notice the hex pucks on the left that ive been using myself for awhile now for seeds that i share with others, i still plan to use the hex design myself i just did a round design for the community for sticker convenience and to make it easy with a standard round seed puck.

59 Likes

They look awesome! I donā€™t have a 3D printer but if i did wellā€¦

:peace_symbol:

5 Likes

I knew you were working on something. Awesome stuff right there, man. Iā€™ll be hanging around this thread if you donā€™t mind.

5 Likes

Those are dope. Iā€™m making a list of things that I need that can be printed so that eventually I will just have to get a
3D printer.

5 Likes

You should suggest that PET plastic is used, as it is food safe.

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

4 Likes

Love this idea. Looks amazing :clap: :heart_eyes:
Now I just need a 3d printer haha :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

You are awesome, @Mr.Sparkle ! Iā€™ve uploaded your source files locally here, so that people can download directly from Overgrow.

For anyone missing their own 3d printer, get your seed pods printed from a fellow OGer here:

22 Likes

Before I came to this community, I never saw a practical purpose for a 3D printer, beyond prototyping things, but damned if Iā€™m not rolling the idea around in the back of my mind now.

13 Likes

That is the power of the ā€œOGā€ā€¦
The more you read in here the more ideas you get to supercharge your abilities.

The seed Shipping Puck & Loader is absolutely fantastic in my bookā€¦ :+1:

I worry each and every time I send seeds that they will be crushed but the pucks will pretty much take the worry away.
As a Bonus the pucks weight way less than a coin flip and take up less room which means more beans in one envelope.+ + +

I consider it a very inexpensive insurance policyā€¦ (Que National wide Insurance songā€¦)

Take my :moneybag:

:heart: you OG :call_me_hand:

13 Likes

Thereā€™s also the ā€˜branch benderā€™ (several designs) that look very handy for LST.
Also, cannagar forms and ā€˜seed crackersā€™ as well.

It keeps getting harder to say no to a 3D printerā€¦ :rofl: :vulcan_salute:

Cheers
G

8 Likes

Started playing with a modified design earlier tonight, i remove two slots and added a seed well im liking it better still gonna tweak depths and angles a bit more.

28 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome, loving the redesign. Nice work.

2 Likes

The indents make it easier to hold, now if only STLā€™s were an accepted file format to upload.

24 Likes

Hell to the hells yeah!

3 Likes

What are you using to design these? Really looking good. Might have to try these just to organize the vault

2 Likes

That is nice work, seriously. I wish the engineers I worked with did this good of work in improving and tweaking their designs haha :+1:

3 Likes

There are a few options, right now Iā€™m using fusion, I donā€™t like the whole cloud storage and connection bs, but the program is pretty smooth in comparison to say freecad and with a hobbiest licence itā€™s free soā€¦

3 Likes

Thatā€™s what I use as well. Iā€™m running a Voxelab Aquila FDM printer that Iā€™ve modded up a bit. Right now having fun printing 32mm miniatures with a 0.2mm nozzle that are meant for resin printers. Getting some pretty decent results.

6 Likes

Is that zanketsu?

These look great!
I want 1

3 Likes