Borealis did some Fucktart, Blue Freeze,
mightymite amzel freeze, mightymite x M39,
misty bubble

that would finish up north

8 weeker and Blockhead x 8 weeker by Zygote

I have a few other on my list

Bare

6 Likes

From memory they were typically 4-5’. Finished mid to late September (I’m in the Toronto area).

The biggest issue we had in that area was soil depth - there wasn’t a ton before you hit bedrock (maybe 10”). So I’m sure with better soil you would get much bigger plants.

Mold resistance was fine - zero issue there.

If I remember correct it was a bit leafy - but most outdoor is.

4 Likes

Count me in…I have seeds and can make space! Are we decided on what’s flappenining here?

5 Likes

There’s a dozen great project ideas that have been floated here. We need a sub-group (I don’t like the word committee) to do some preliminary research. I’ve been digging into Freezeland this morning. I’ll push that info out as soon as I tie up the loose ends.
I’m thinking we need to split this thread into 2 parts (to avoid clutter etc), something like planning and research and a ‘school’ for general education and working out how to do a pheno hunt with a distributed group.

Thoughts on this?

Cheers
G

6 Likes

My door is always open!

5 Likes

OK, we have a whole lot of talent and we have a ‘metric fuck ton’ of of ideas and potential resources.
What we have here is the antithesis of “a failure to communicate” But what we need is a plan.
Here are my thoughts:

We need some basic organization.

We need a technical group. A body to figure out how a differentiated virtual group (there must be a better label)
can plan out large-scale operations broken up into bit sized pieces that the VG (virtual Group) can implement
develop basic sysop and procedures etc.

The School
This is a med term project.
We need to build an easily indexed data base of knowledge
We need ‘WikiWeed’!!

Just so this thread doesn’t turn into ‘a giant fur ball’ I will start 2 new threads:
4 Way Genetics school
4 Way Genetics planning

Membership is open to all… (inc. honorary Hosers!)

Your thoughts?

Cheers
G

9 Likes

Copy that @Gpaw. Here is my role which is in addition to my NL5 pres run. I will take care of part 1 of 4. Nl5 pure ibl in bred using males. As a group we can collectively select breeding partners and advance the project accordingly.
Your thoughts are welcome.
Cheers

5 Likes

Fuck’en A 1!!

Cheers
G

5 Likes

yup…sounds good

im at the point of waiting for chemical to get pollen…selfing the NL i have then will forward it to the next person!:slight_smile:

2 Likes

For the record your a great organizer…good job. Way to keep things on track…stepping into the leadership role! You’ll learn alot…thanks!

5 Likes

Well, I have been around long enough to recognize something special (positive) happening and nudge it along. It’s not my creation but I moved it in the right direction.

Cheers
G

6 Likes

Respect…I learned a long time ago if you want something help someone else get it and you will get what you want in the process!

Thanks

And for the record…the goal is a 4WNL? Right? Where are we at with that? All in one folder…so we can track progress?

3 Likes

What do think it should be?
Roll a spliff - a big one… spark it and still your inner voice … then ask yourself what goals should we have?
Stoners are a different breed, we look after our community.

G

5 Likes

Well all we have is space and time, we would be glad to contribute both, Regionally grouping the offspring work may add to efficiency and larger sample groups, we’re in Cent. Ontario btw… We would like to see the goal as a stable seed for distribution but any canuck project for OG is fine.

9 Likes

There’s lots of good ideas and enthusiasm, but a big idea for me is to see if we can work out the details and ‘harness the bandwidth’ of a group and produce some great and stable genetics.
If we can pull this off even once, it will establish a precedence that can be built on and improved - and that will be cool - to me anyway.

Cheers
G

7 Likes

Hola Gang

I have a chat with Foe20
he knows a lot about NL 1 3 and 5
and their story.
I am also waiting on some seeds
from the south That are NL open
pollination that are descendant from
Foe20 work.

Bare

9 Likes

My end goal i think is to have both a killer kush clone for Canada and seeds to share.
Like I said, no specific structure, just a lot of chucking and testing.
But it will all be traceable/documented.

11 Likes

Wow! I’d love to learn more about all those NL varietals.

For such an important plant in cannabis there is a lot of smoke and mirrors on it.

4 Likes

there should be some good beans coming here also lots of great info on NL5…im excited

5 Likes

So is NL the direction y’all are taking ?

2 Likes