4 Way Genetics (Canada)

Chemo would be nice, I tried to get hold of some seeds from Meduser he had 2 phenos at one time. I also smoked a real cut of Pink Kush, probably 10 years ago, blew me away. I can’t track down the elusive Charles Scott for any original pink kush or Love potion seeds, I didn’t have any luck with getting bc chemo though. Highgrade offered a Black Pearl? that was supposed to be fantastic as well. I only have a few things from med man, Jordan, possibly a few mix seeds from highgrade, but nothing of note when it comes to Canadian work. I have current stuff, yes ,but that isn’t what I would want to work with for a community project. Unless of course a breeder wants us to do some ‘research for him’ LOL No just kidding, looking to preserve or work something that no one has “dibs” on.

4 Likes

I was listening to Kevin Jodrey the other night and the conversation turned to males and breeding and what he said the name of the game in breeding is to have the most potent THC or CBD fk whatever you want right but its in the male so anything that male touches…sexy daughters.

Whats our goal…potency? The most potent male in Canada??

Now that’s different…we need testing and some fund raising for testing.

7 Likes

That’d be me LMAO, sorry just had to… If you look at the best successful etc. breeders, they hold the best males. Female cuts are dime a dozen. Unless we are running from seeds, gonna be hard work without a good male clone that someone might be holding onto…without the dreaded reversal lol

6 Likes

We have a whole country…it will take time say…a year! One nice cut in a year and its male…deadly! Working together that’s the name of the game…some pride there! Cut only…then how many people hold the cut because it has to be RARE!!!

MADE IN CANADA

index

Its a goal…be a work of art! Start with the most potent on the planet allegedly…

7 Likes

does anyone have UBC Chemo? that’s a Canadian strain I’ve never tried, supposedly created by David Suzuki

Remo Chemo from Dinafem is listed as the clone only UBC Chemo x Bubba Kush on seedfinder but who knows if it’s even close, not me anyway

6 Likes

Use of a herd bull

This type of inbreeding programme is a variation on linebreeding. In this type of inbreeding programme, a farmer usually purchases an outstanding bull and uses it as a “herd bull”; i.e., it is the only male in the herd. This bull is mated to all females and many female descendents. This inbreeding programme is used to bring a herd of animals up to the herd bull’s phenotypic standards. Sounds intresting…think we could pull that off?? I do…build hype then release it…of course! Cut only!

I think its a great idea it brings back the importance of the males…might be a good thing. Thoughts my fellow Canadians…

OR something like this…all feminized?

X3840E129

Chromosomal manipulation can be used to quickly produce highly inbred lines of fish. One generation of mitotic gynogenesis or mitotic androgenesis will produce fish that are 100% homozygous and 100% inbred. A second generation of chromosome set manipulation is needed to produce 100% inbred fish that are capable of reproducing. One generation of meiotic gynogenesis will produce fish that have large, but unknown, levels of inbreeding; the amount of inbreeding produced by meiotic gynogenesis is variable and depends on crossing over frequencies. The use of chromosomal manipulation to produce inbred lines should be done only by scientists at large agribusinesses or at research stations…really?? Ok…guess we cant do it boys!:frowning:

Its really too bad we cant do it because…the creation of inbred lines is a way to increase hybrid vigor in crossbreeding programmes and to produce outstanding F1 hybrids for grow-out…that’s sucks!

We could use elite Canadian cuts…

3 Likes

Yup got some ubc chemo seeds from our buddy @Barefrog id offer up to a trusted memeber

5 Likes

JOTIs Chemo is supposed to be quality (not sure if its a ‘pure’ chemo or a cross. Not sure if its still available too though

1 Like

Hola Gang

I did not see this thread but

WHAT a great idea.

I have a lot to offer first ubc chemo
from Meduser re-work by Motarebel.

Another one is Free Leonard from NDNguy
its a cross of G13HP88 x Butterscotch Hawaiian
was distributed freely as it should by treat yourself.

I know its not Cannadhian but I have lots
of G13HP88 to give away if you don’t
resale them and give some away freely.

Romulan is been reproduce now somewhere
in Alberta.

Freezeland would be nice

I have a big list of gen
so if any Cannadhian are
interested in reproduction
for the group I’ll be more
then Happy to provide if I can.
maybe by email

Enjoy life

Bare

14 Likes

@Barefrog - you most definitely have a lot to contribute! I’m always surprised at the depth of genetics you have freely offered here.

Really interested to see how those Romulan turn out. I liked the Romulan x Purple Pineberry I grew… they didn’t have the black pepper scent I was after (more camphor) - but the high worked with my chemistry (similar to the Romulan I used to smoke).

2 Likes

UBC Chemo is a throwback - definitely heard a lot about it back in the day.

Would love to know more about it.

3 Likes

great vid @bandit306.

Thanx
G

4 Likes

While we’re on Canadian varietals - has anyone ever grown the cuts of champagne or sweet pink grapefruit?

Always wanted to see what they were about.

5 Likes

I saw that a couple years ago when I did a dive into Sub-Cool’s genetics chart

That must have been an amazing Space Queen male he had, he used it a lot!

Cheers
G

9 Likes

A lot of the earlier Canadian cultivars where tailored for out door growth (shorter growing periods) Freezeland comes to mind as a tough out-door plant (I smoked enough of it over the years).

Sounds like we need to get a bit organized.

Maybe a sub-group to work out what the basic goals are and another sub-group figuring out the protocols for breeding. I know Jack about breeding etc. so my 1st thought is “who on OG knows what they are doing and would advise us on best practices”? @Mr.Sparkle??

Cheers
G

3 Likes

I grew chemo for years, my family had the cut since its liberation from the university. Most potent weed I have grown. Dave Scott has seeds from federation ,which were the closest to the real deal,. I spoke with dave last weekend. He back at the ranch given er for this season. If he gets those ubc chemo seeds to me they will be run asap. He also had airborne g 13 s 1 seeds that are quite old. I cant wait to see what comes of this group project.

13 Likes

Hell ya…2 stellar strains already. After looking at that gentic chart its 9 3 3 and one. The one is what we want…or keep breeding whats here. Id like to see a new cultivar that we breed! Improved

Sub groups is a great idea…we need a panel leader

Ive got NL and skunk started from seed if interested (Sensi)

Im doing my best to help…this is exciting to be part of something big that will live on.

6 Likes

I’ve got something around 16 grams of silver nitrate (powder form) I’m not doing anything with…
Lab Grade…

Cheers
G

4 Likes

A friend of mine about 5 years ago decided he wanted to find the best kush so he got like 7 types that were supposed to be the best at the time and pheno hunted them. He ended up picking ‘kens kush’ out of all of them. It was definitely dank…I don’t know who the breeder was I’ll have to see if he remembers

5 Likes

Ken’s Kush is a GDP Strain

7 Likes