4 Way Genetics (Canada)

There’s lots of good ideas and enthusiasm, but a big idea for me is to see if we can work out the details and ‘harness the bandwidth’ of a group and produce some great and stable genetics.
If we can pull this off even once, it will establish a precedence that can be built on and improved - and that will be cool - to me anyway.

Cheers
G

7 Likes

Hola Gang

I have a chat with Foe20
he knows a lot about NL 1 3 and 5
and their story.
I am also waiting on some seeds
from the south That are NL open
pollination that are descendant from
Foe20 work.

Bare

9 Likes

My end goal i think is to have both a killer kush clone for Canada and seeds to share.
Like I said, no specific structure, just a lot of chucking and testing.
But it will all be traceable/documented.

11 Likes

Wow! I’d love to learn more about all those NL varietals.

For such an important plant in cannabis there is a lot of smoke and mirrors on it.

4 Likes

there should be some good beans coming here also lots of great info on NL5…im excited

5 Likes

So is NL the direction y’all are taking ?

2 Likes

That was the direction, but it relies on the output of the ongoing preservation runs (I think).
Initially it was put forward as a group plan. Other possibilities were working on seed runs on heirloom Canadian outdoors plants etc. but the 4 way cross captured the most interest. If you have an idea put it forward!

Cheers
G

1 Like

I wish I had something to offer in regards to thoughts atm , so did I skip to many posts or is everything still being worked out ?

2 Likes

This thread went ‘quiet’ a month ago but these things are cyclical.
Somebody will post something that will fire up the Canadian contingent and there will be burst of activity. Sort of like starting a camp fire :wind_face: :fire:
The trick will be hitting ‘critical mass’ to keep it going but I think that will not be an issue with a nice project. It will happen…

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Well I will set back smoke a few and watch the masses do the cyclical thing, watching with interest.

3 Likes

So did the NL project stall out?

I now have the Sensi NL my friend has been keeping for 15 years… if someone wanted a cutting or needed me to hit it with some pollen. The offer is out there!

7 Likes

Package arrived safe and sound today. Thank you

1 Like

Anything come of the project, ya lost me at NL, but if y’all need some run in the future…still willing to help.

2 Likes

I’m in the US pacific northwest.
I’d be happy to send you some seeds for you to make hybrids with that sensi NL cut if you would like.

I have some pure lebanese landrace which could be a fun blend with the northern lights. The lebanese has really good trace cannabinoid production, about 5 to 12% thc, and about 5 to 12% cbd. it finishes very quickly, does very well outdoor, and it seems to do fine for indoor growing as well.

combine the landrace lebanese’s mild psychedelic high and medicinal traits with the dense northern lights buds high in thc. could be a fun and very medicinal hybrid.

4 Likes

Sounds interesting!

Would be probably 6 months before I could really do it. We just sold our house so I’m in a bit of a holding pattern until we move.

Can’t get the NL to finish outdoor in Ontario before the weather becomes an issue, so something to speed it up would be good. I’m also quite interested in 1:1 varietals… finding a THC/CBD blend works well for me.

So if you can wait a bit I’m happy to make that cross. I have crossed this NL a few times, and have learned it typically imparts structure and Potency, but usually takes on the scent and flavour of the father. Usually makes nice crosses :slight_smile:

You have any pics of the Lebanese grow?

Let me know your thoughts!

4 Likes

Sounds great to me! I’m in no rush, and that’s exciting to hear that this could be a good medical line for your needs.

I will be sharing my most recent 2020 preservation of the lebanese through the seed run co-op this year, but I will send some to you directly and include my 2017 preservation as well.

I also have an open pollinated bx to females from the original seed stock gathered in lebanon, I can send some of those as well if you have space. The more males you use, the more diversity there will be in cannabinoid ratios, and cannabinoid content.

Congratulations on selling your house, I know that takes a lot of planning and hard work.
Just send me a message when you are established in your new home and ready to receive the lebanese.

3 Likes

@Barefrog I’d also love to share some lebanese with you. I recently remembered this message from a few years ago:

I had just joined the forum and wasn’t aware that seed requests had to be public, and not in PM. I kind of forgot about this, sorry bare.

I would love to share some of my 2017 preservation, 2020 preservation, and an open pollinated back cross to the original stock gathered in lebanon.

7 Likes

That sounds awesome!

Once I have my new location sorted I’ll send you a note.

Thanks!

2 Likes

No time to read the whole thread right now but I will circle back :slight_smile:

Oh Canada

4 Likes

Canadian very interested in this project!

1 Like