4 Way Genetics planning

While reviewing Herbies Head Shop offerings an observation and an idea occurred.
More and more of the seeds being offered today are feminized. One I would like to play with is Barney’s Farm Dr. Grinspoon - again, only feminized.
But Ace Seeds has a significant portfolio of regular landrace seeds and (hybrids there of).

What about crossing with a different male sativa? Say, Ace seeds Panama standard? Also, that Panama standard has two phenos, green and red. The green (I suspect is recessive) is supposed to be a soaring sativa high and the red is ‘mind wreck’. They could be ‘teased apart’ into a true breeding Panama Green and a Panama Red as well.

Anybody have any thoughts about this? Perhaps there is a better regular sativa to use?

Cheers
G

Here are the Ace Panama about 10 days in ( 2 on right ) one on left is a mystery seed, anyone grown WW? That’s one of the possibilities. Definatly Sativa heavy and robust. These went in 12/12 at 20” they are 5’ after 2 weeks.

Have 5 more reds and a big purple bleeding Beldia male with clones I could collect pollen from.

3 Likes

I’m thinking of making a reproduction of “Colombian Necktie” have all the parts just need to get a plan. I have Brutal Paw, 3 types of Durbanand a bunch of Vietnamese Black.

1 Like

40"! Now that is some stretch!
They seem very comparable, do you think they represent a reasonably stabilized line?
What is you feeling about HST (manifolding is what I had in mind) ?
How is the stem rub smell?

I have no idea exactly why, but I’ve always wanted to mess around with Dr. Grinspoon.
I think the Ace Panama might be the right sativa to use to cross (as it has 3 S. American sativas in its genealogy). I could be totally wrong and maybe I should be looking at Thai or Burmese - plan B.

Cheers
G

1 Like

The Panamas have been twins in growth very stable I would say, both females one showed a few days before other at around 12 days. One dose have more Sativa fans though and already as big as my hand, the mystery is a big female too . MTF May be male still hasn’t expressed or shot pistils.

That sounds cool, you want to build it yourself, from the ground up?
Have you a good supply of seeds?
What would the plan look like? Pheno hunt the seeds and cross best to best or something different?

Cheers
g

As you can see I grow Groot, mainline all my trunks as soon as the plants get second full leaf. Until they go too first up pot. Handled it without a Cc stumble.

Have 15 each of Brutal Paw and Vietnamese Black in place of ( Meo Vac) and just got 5 napalese.

1 Like

I take 2 clones in auto cloner at flip, usually ready by the time plants show. Figure I get them in rotation and start choose best Sativa traits keep clones of candidates and store pollen of good males. I have Viet and paw running, could start with cross of that and back cross the Nepalese into that?

Between me and Desertgrown we have 9 Brutal Paw down in 3 3 week intervals , he will help with project also. Brutal paw is Sativa leaning but has strong expressing Indica genes (Kato cut Kush and Award winning Tom Hill Deep Chunk)

1 Like

That sounds sweet, what are your plans? Do a seed run?

G

Yes , probably throw some, Durban, CG, AG, VB, or Malawi back at the brutal paw to get back towards original Sativa heavy Monkey paw. Only one I don’t have is the CG. First off I have to Finish a Brutal Paw just to see if the taste is what we remember. Problem is I have not tasted any of them besides AG 35 years ago. But I do know that I always thought the Paw was a Thai or SE Asian and was surprised to find it was basically Skunk#1 genetics at an unknown ratio or pheno?

1 Like

Seeds and maybe a line of X’s with the Monkey Paw as a progeny. It would blend with all of the above nicely.

Wow, I want to see how that rolls out!

Cheers
G

@Gpaw Just found all of these, and love the way you’re thinking. I’d suggest making your first post a wiki so after 30 days you can still keep it updated.

It sounds like there’s a bunch of people headed in the same direction, but all working different projects. I think similarly to the co-op planning thread, the first post needs a list of what is currently happening, and what the next steps are. Like a to-do list of sorts.

1 Like

Thanks @DiggySoze !!
I’ve been stuck for the last couple days trying to figure out how to create a post that everyone can edit (is that a Wiki?). I sure could use some advice (or a life ring)

Cheers
G

1 Like

@Gpaw, I just dropped my heirloom NL 5. As soon as zions NL5 show up they are heading straight in too. I am planning on dropping 6 of @Zion beans. Hopefully they are not to far behind. While it’s an ambitious plan I want to inbreed each batch of seeds and outcross them to each other. My NL5 are ibl and I am not sure about the other seeds, I will have to ask @Zion about that.
Cheers

3 Likes

They are f9.

2 Likes

I was wondering how things were going with you…

I figured you would have @Zion’s beans by now.
I think your approach is smart, maintain separate genetics and then cross.
I looked at his amazing seed list, he had the NL#5 listed as IBL as well

Questions:
So how many of your heirlooms are you dropping?
What grow medium and container size are you planning on?
How are you planning the inbreeding (open pollination)?

I’m going to be ‘stuck to your bumper’ like chewing gum for these runs, there is going to be lots to learn! This is going to be great!

Cheers
G

3 Likes

@Gpaw, where I’m at… I dropped 8 bc heirlooms, of those 7 of 8 cracked. I started them in promix organic in 4 inch pots.
From there into 1 gallon pots to veg. I would like to veg them for five weeks. Gh flora series three part with koolbloom and floralicious for sups. I will lay out the selection and breeding plan in a bit, mama wants to go shopping, lol

1 Like