400w Roleadro COB or 450w Viperspectra LED?

Hello guys and girls…

I’ve been researching this for a week and a half or maybe two weeks now; if I see one more thing about, Lumens, PAR, Lux, Wattage, Square Footage, Amp Consumption, Lens Angles, Eco-Factor or another review, i think i might not do anything. HAHAHA!

I can’t do it! Will you help, please tell me if you were in my shoes which one of these two you would choose, pretty please everyone!? One of these two is what it’s come down to:

By the way, I’m getting two to use in a parallel setup in a 4x4 tent.

1 Like

Simple. Dont get either. Waste of money. You can build the same exact light for half the price. Or you can spend a little more and get better gear like meanwell drivers and cree, vero, citizen cobs. If you did a little more research on the biggest led forum rollitup youd see that its a big waste of money buying amazon lights. Go check out the led thread on rollitup. But if you want a good cheap led light then HLG just started quantum board pre orders.
Northern grow lights are doing the pre orders also. Plus they have their own lights similar to the roleadro but they arnt garbage.

If you are like most others and dont care about spending hard earned money on garbage that will give out on you in a year then get the shitty roleadro only because when it breaks you only have two cobs to replace instead of having to fuck with those oldschool breadboards.

Here is an easy way to build the rolerado with the exact gear they use
http://m.ebay.ca/itm/100W-100Watt-High-Power-White-LED-Light-Heatsink-Cooler-100W-LED-Driver-LENS-/262253316319?nav=SEARCH

2 Likes

Gonna check it out, yes. Thanks.

Hey! It turns out I’ve been a member at Rollitup.org since Mar 12, 2009…

HAHAHAHA!

Well that’s a big NO for me, to build it… Looking into it, from the get go, I won’t be constructing anything, would have to learn about brand names and distributors around the local lightning shops and such… Plus, let’s remember I’m in Costa Rica, it’s not like we have everything you guys do up in the states, and on top of that, I live in the country side near the beach… 5 Hours to Downtown…

@lotus710 thanks for the advice, but it’s not feasible for me, choose one of these two like your life depended on it!! Just kidding, but no really, the best I can do is Amazon, because believe it or not they give you warranty here.

I have 2 viperspecta 300w led. Replaced a MH with them. So far, very happy with them. Time will tell if they hold up.

1 Like

@MysteryMoog - What’s the size of your grow room/tent/closet? What’s your temp in there? If you don’t mind…

Ebay ships world wide. Every place to gwt stuff for cobs ships worldwide. I would even help you get every single link you need for everything. Timber grow lights and cutter electronics ship world wide and have full kits. Building it is as easy and plugging in your n64. Get the rolerado because you can replace cobs easier when it gives out on you. Have fun collecting warranty XD I got shit on with a 5 year warranty. mars hydro. Best china led company there is. You can actually talk to the people that work with mars unlike those random rebranded leds mars will even tell you exactly how to fix your lights. Idk why people choose these lights over mars hydro. Atleast mars knows they suckXD same with every warranty though big fuck around.

In the end. Youre gonna be disapointed with what you bought wether it be when you get the light or a year into using it. Youll most likely end up retro fitting the shitty china light with good china parts anywaysXD

1 Like

Actually. Heres a better idea.
Get a couple 125w cfls. 50 bucks on amazon with a reflector. Last you longer and will put out more light then cheap china leds.

2 Likes

@MadScientist its aprox 8x10, divided into 3 chambers. It stays at whatever temp i set, full temp n humidity control. 3 400w hps flowering.

2 Likes

2 Likes

That a great setup. Maybe you ought to come to CR and help me with mine!

Well, and if you had to choose between the two I posted, which one would it be!?

Man id kill to come help you set up a room. Honestly, if i could only pick one, it be the 400w mh/hps air cooled hood by vivosun.

2 Likes
1 Like

Hi. I never used LED´s but if the numbers are true the Roleadro sucks - 380nm Blue and 780nm RED? Looks like completely off the optimal spectrum(450blue and 660 red).

2 Likes

And the Viper, what about that one bro? Whatcha think?

You can see it on the diagram. Looks good and it´s full spectrum. Well - if it´s not just marketing strategy :slight_smile:

1 Like

YOu’ve been very kind… It’s a pain to make up my mind… I want it to be perfect, and maybe it will never be. Just keep improving i guess…

It’s real full spectrum too… All the way from 280nm to a 1000nm! It really looks good u know! (SORRY THAT’S WHAT THEY RECOMMEND)

1 Like

Something to browse.

I own viparspectra they are great really I grew great dense buds in a small grow pro with 2 300 full spectrum 89 euro each full 12band spectrum really good bright and good par value

1 Like

Try cob man the leds are close so a point source less spread out its like a better HPS cos area same but spectrum better

1 Like