5 weeks after flip 12/12- Flipped 7-17

Grown I’ve done… Curing was something my buddy did unfortunately I can’t consult him @ the present on his curing methods. My needs medically are for appetite/cronic nausea/pain/ neurological due to TBI. The 2 1/2 :crown: had 90+% pistel Redding/retraction and around 20% amber with remaining milky white (plumped) it will give me a nice insight into quality and effect. Thank you for your input. Really is appreciated

2 Likes

BTW @toastyjakes here is the little :crown: in question. I may be a few days off on my date of flip but I don’t think so. Also pics are 5wks at time of pic. I’ve only been on overgrow for? I know a picture may not show the 20% change I see

3 Likes

it’s looking good man, killer buds

2 Likes

Thank you… Been doing some manipulation of the stems and have experienced what seems to be doubling of density in :blossom: in only a few days time.

1 Like

Definitely not done, but looks closer than it did under the blurple lights and you sound confident in your research that this is right for you so that’s all that matters

In those blurple pictures the pistils looked white still.

3 Likes

If you’re not looking to harvest more mature bud you should try topping or fimming so you can have more uniform plants and quicker turn around. Also would allow you to use your light more effectively. :v:

2 Likes

I’m not accustomed to the whole indoor grower thingie. More of a experiment not looking for quantity but quality and effect. What I took was the upmost top and no more. Opinions on stages and effect very much. I think we can all agree that in the different states of changes in the trics will give different targeted effects. I’m searching for relief for my particular health needs. I’m not looking to win the cannabis cup but regain my health. Does taking one crown/flower affect the overall plant… Yes. But is that a negative affect overall. Not really right?

2 Likes

It is if it’s someone else’s plant. :joy: LMFAO

2 Likes

Sorry i was surfing today ^^

These two posts can give you an idea i think.

Now on your synchro i’ve bad news. Your actual low density of light don’t permit to reach a “normalized” maturity of your plant, i say that only by the development of your bud on the first pic. Trichome’s spanlife will not corroborate with your flowers development this way.

I mean by that than you will smoke immature flowers, and than the visible trichomes are only a part of what we can consider as the potency. It’s polemic for the moment (like also things proven since centuries lol, we stay stoners ^^), but terpens too play a role.

I don’t judge your way at all, but if you want to let enough time to your flowers to age in same time of your trichomes you have to change a bit your strategy. Like to grow shorter plants than you don’t let stretch too much. This way they will have less sites (flowers) to furnish and can concentrate their forces.

For partial harvest, it’s used since decades specially in greenhouses. Nothing to worry about at the moment you protect the trunk freshly cutted. Using wax give a good security, but it’s not critical.

hop it help, have a nice cone ! I like the GDP, it transform me in a rooted plant lol but without hammering the body and the brain. Make me contemplative ^^

2 Likes

Current pic of what I topped follows less than three inches of the top. From what I was going for what desired effect. I guess after the curing of the little :crown: bud off the top I’ll soon find out. I I guess it would help to say from pics to post may be throwing off timing. You see pics are a few days to a week difference. Much if the reason we may have different. Hard to tell but there is about 20% amber/ 80% milk.

1 Like

What @fuel is saying is because of your low lighting/wattage your trichomes are maturing faster than the flower and that trichome maturity is not the only thing to potency, medicinal or otherwise needed. Terpenoids play a role in it also. So it would be best to let the flower mature more to have terpene production at peak

3 Likes

Judging rippening synchro ask time, too early and you get a weed without horsepower (no long lasting) and too late the cannabinoids are too degraded to restitute complex and potent highs. It’s a funky dance than we have all to face with our proper experience.

I known more individuals manners to judge this “golden synchro” than a single way really used by everyone. I never use the “amber alert” myself (understand than i don’t a fck about the trichome shades), i judge more by the whole shape of the plant and its reactions. And i use more my hands and my noise than a microscope in fact. I can resume that by “how she’s eating and use the nutes&light to grow”, then flush process, then blunt lol. I just need to grow a clone one time to discover it and it’s printed for good in a way. I’m feeling more versatile this way but i know good growers than will use theyr jewellery google each time. Question of approaches.

I never use the days count too, from one run to another I can fail something than increase the flowering time or put in late the maturation. Can be a bad synchro with the root boosters, a stress (stemp broken etc…), a light bulb to replace, a failed watering … list is unfortunately long and happend to all more than we dare to say lol But for sure you need new lights, it’s obvious. We have a lot of LED’s freaks here than i’m sure can help you to optimize your space if you launch a dedicated thread. Even additionnal domestic CFL will help a bit without increasing so much your bills (they never eat what is writed in the packaging, it’s more -30% to -40% the value).

On your last pic i will say than the “satin” is nice and than your leafs look clean, but i will not be able to compare the shape of GDP like with the first pic and be able to say on wich stage she’s. I will just state on the weird maturity, not a single calyx is ready. They all look like “born yesterday”, no oxydation and typicall mark of “aged bud” (colors included). And the chlorophyll is at its apogee, not really decreasing by a job fully done.

Looking more like this, with the flowers than are eating the space of the flowers on the stem. Not the reverse.

3 Likes

expect between 20% and 33% of wet weight after drying

3 Likes

Thank you finally a answer to my question! I took only the :crown: bud off the very top resulting in only a
loss of two inches and
everyone acts as if I chopped her down.

2 Likes

I’m guessing you are running a hell of a lot more than 100 watts. I’m running just under 100 in a small closet grow. My income doesn’t allow me to throw all the savings in meds to the power company. I would love to grow outdoors or even have 10 / 600 watt lights but that’s not going to happen right now. But what I will say is they are very sticky, and covered with trics! A little taste of trimming set me back in the coach. When fully mature they should produce high quality. Which is more important to me

I’m running LED’S and a couple CFL. I fully understand that yeild will be drastically reduced due to low lighting, but I am very pleased with quality. From small clippings I have tasted (premie) lower I got a very good effect. Very very sticky! Really appreciate your feedback. @Fuel

Ok, diplomacy OFF then.

Actually effective 560W (lights only) for the flowering space, and the previous pic (of previous space) about maturity comparison was effective 280W (light only). If i take both spaces cumulated, it eat less than my computer in full charge.

So don’t try to arg with me than 4 additionnal domestic 30WCFL will reddish your bills like a californian grow op. You will barely don’t see any difference in facts. But your plants will. Same if you take the time to understand what’s wrong with your LEDs with skilled members on it, maybe it’s dimmed the wrong way, maybe it’s a wrong use etc … but yes something is wrong in seeing your plant timing. We all agree on it at least, even you ^^

The real share here is not to push you to get a warehouse to sell weed. But to help you to finish your plant at decent yield and maturity. If you don’t try to optimize your space, you will smoke the most expensive weed of the forum in term of costs/grammer ratio … in the name of a fake economical strategy. It’s why so many people tryed to help you here,k maybe with less patience or diplomacy. But i agree with all answers you got, even the most agressive ones.

No your weed can’t be mature, and can’t get stone even my fat cat than is used to stole my haze’s nuggets. Don’t tell me about quality, your pics tell for themselves. If you’re happy with it, then i don’t see any point to create a post to say than all is perfect and than you will only args about all members trying to help you.

And no, you don’t need to call Goldman Sachs to improve your space. We have a bunch of skilled members here than do miracles with near nothing. Just go lurk some grow logs, the proofs of concept are generally updated each week.

1 Like

There we go @fuel show it brother. My question was simple. I know well that my set up is inadequate and by no means ideal. My frustration is from all the others who act as I desecrated my plant. From the research I have done taking a 2" top off won’t hurt my plant. I did it intentionally. I understand you have a higher knowledge. Why do you think that I directly asked you? :thinking: Because it truly seems you answered my question the best about differential in watts and results. Now please understand that I mean no disrespect! BTW the girls are doing great for what I’m looking for in quality and if you ever make it to AZ I would gladly toke a little with you and get your input on that as well :wink:. I hope in the future I will be able to do a little better in yeild but best I can do for now. All I asked was simple loss in curing as well as differential between Hier mature Buds and lower buds. Way more complicated response than needed by to many. Felt jumped on myself and as I said I’m not a Safe Place needing whinny libtard. Critics welcome but I will respond collect good input from those who I believe do have good knowledge. Hints why asked you personally! Not anyone else. Think about that :thinking: so we good Fuel

Well after reading the rest of your response I have a little more to say… jump on your surf board float over to AZ bring your :cat2: and a pipe I would love to prove you wrong on that one. Been smoking probably longer than you’ve been alive. If this is what overgrow has to offer is an over bloated asshole I’m good!

Yeah I can see where she looks like a freak of sorts… You’re most likely right @fuel. Not going to be very good at all. Thank you for your expertise your input was enlightening.

2 Likes