600W Flowering, 400W Veg, T-5 Mother tent journal

It’s been a spell. Last grew 2007, in earnest.
Picked up some feminized seeds to ease myself into this again - first time using Fem. seed.

Ultimately ended up with:
3 of 3 of Greenhouse Lemon Skunk
3 of 3 Dutch Passion Blueberry
1 of 3 Barney’s Acapulco Gold
1 of 3 Sensibleseeds collection Blue Wizard freebie

Grow style:

400 Watt 4x2x6’ grow tent
600 Watt HPS custom grow box 4x4x7’

Sunshine Mix with earthworm castings and lime added in handfuls.

FoxFarm Grow big, Tiger Bloom, Big Bloom and Cal/Mag as needed.

First run went from October 2017-Jan. 10, 2018 currently drying.
Pics to follow just for posterity.

Notes;

Blueberrys all showed hermaphrodites and were therefore plucked early. One at about 4 weeks, one about 6 and the last one at 65 days. Early smoking isn’t anything to report but it’s got a nice mellow body buzz. Looking forward to trying the one that made it to harvest window.
Would not try again.

Lemon skunks grew well and hearty. No issues with feeding or hermaprhodites, etc., Took whatever was thrown at them and thrived. Very fragrant, and some really large buds. (pics to come)
Did not keep a mother, but I would depending on the smoke tests to come.

Blue Wizard grew odd, just foxtails all over the place, but fun to watch. No thickness in buds, but heavy and needed some real support. Buds are very thin, no meat to them. But they’re pretty and I’m not expecting anything because it was free. Depending on the high, I might just do a bubble bag run for some hash.
Not interested in trying again.

Barney’s acapulco gold was anything but tall and what I would have thought it would look like.
Nothing exceptional, but the bud structure was good and it seemed it could have been harvested earlier.
Would not run again.

Ok…pics, and I’ll update from this point forward as I’m trying some new Apollo 11 and Crystal Blue from Brothers Grimm new stock. I’ll predominantly be using this thread to document the Brothers Grimm new lineup for posterity.

Looking to try some good stuff, but really searching for another Apollo 11 mother that leans genius because that was just the best weed I’ve grown and smoked.
My favorite plants! (circa 2006-7)

15 Likes

Give em H E double toothpicks.

We’ll keep an extra eye on things for you!

99%

2 Likes

Currently in Vegetation:
Regular, not feminized seed:

3 Bros. Grimm Crystal Blue (Super Snow Lotus from Bodhi Seeds x P75)
1 Apollo 11 (Genius x C99)

They have been in half a solo cup for about 5 weeks, fed, but needing a transplant to 2 gallon pots.
Planning to clone the tops and LST, then flower the 4 ladies.

I’m adding, on a lark, 2 feminized Super Lemon Haze from Greenhouse, just to try a long-flowering sativa. Bros. Grimm has historically had some really sativa-smoke in a very compact plant. So therefore I’m just going to flower these ladies in 7" pots a couple weeks after they pop from the soil.

Waiting on 4 feminized G13xGenius testers. That’ll go in the mix.

Pics to come. Happy growing!

11 Likes

grabbing a seat to await these pics :wink: :popcorn:

That grow was scrapped, I couldn’t do it in the time and place I needed to.

So…
These are Apollo 11 from the new release Brothers Grimm seeds. So far they’re growing nicely, 15 days into flowering. I can’t wait for this!

5 Females out of 7 beans popped. I’m dialed in now!

6 Likes

Also running one BOG Bluemoonrocks and a generic Afghani…A couple days behind the A11.

5 Likes

A11

BMR and Afghani comparison, BMR bud structure and compactness.

I’ll update in a few weeks as we grow along

6 Likes

Ok, day 30. Just a quick update to the journal, hope you’re all doing splendidly.

Feeding is not my forte. :laughing: But I try.

So we’ve got some issues with possible burn on the tips, and then the large fans are yellowing rapidly. To be expected but not necessarily at 30 days (of 49-56). I fed the last heavy feeding today, and I’m hoping I won’t regret it. Time will tell.

Apollo 11’s are mostly uniform in height and development. One (first picture) is taller and lankier than her sisters, and filling out more sparsely. There is a nice, familiar citrus scent when brushing up against leaves and buds to water.
Taller one:

The Rest of the 5. I am no photographer, sorry if the quality is meh. Some tips burnt, some yellowing, but decent bud development.
I did not top, train, inhibit or anything. I’m just crowding them in there as bushes and getting an idea before I try the strain again. I did not keep any females, these are flowered from seed.

4 Likes

Blue Moon Rocks @27 days.

Afghani @30 days

Happy Growing!

6 Likes

Day 43, chugging along. Another 2 q
Fed too much because I noticed yellowing earlier than I wanted, but overdid it. Good growth and all, but more N than was needed this late. Live and learn.

One of the 5 A11’s. This one’s the shortest. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: There are three different expressions out of the 5 females. I’ll document those tomorrow or sometime.

12 Likes

New round, new fertilizers. Switched over to GH flora series to give it a go, try to solve my feeding issues that I had with FoxFarm. Also using Calimagic and silica.

This go-round I’m vegging a bunch of fem seeds to flower out soon for a bunch of different summer smoke, and thin out the seed collection!

3 ACE Violeta
2 Nicole Kush (Kosher kush x Nicole - freebies)
3 ACE Bubba Hash
Bros. Grimm 2.0 Killer Queen
and a CBD 20:1 from sensible seeds.

And a BruceBanner#3 x Apollo11 mother in the corner there.

Also germinating: Cannabiogen Panama and some Genius x Panama, and some Apollo13 from Bros. Grimm 2.0

Looks to be a good and busy spring! Happy growing!

8 Likes

Just courious how were the Apollo 11’s ?

2 Likes

I am also very curious about how the Apollo 11 turned out.

1 Like

It isn’t the same as the original release because the C99 father isn’t the same, but besides it looking a bit different in growth, it smoked and tasted very much the same as the original.

A skunky, citrusy taste, and a very lucid high, strong but very clear-headed. A joint of this with coffee in the morning puts me in my happy place, ready for the day. Introspective, but functional.

The smell in the jar is virtually the same as the original too. If I were blindfolded and led to a jar to sniff, then to smoke, I’d tell you right off the bat that it’s Apollo 11. It’s very unique. I grew it multiple times 10-12 years ago and am happy to have a few jars of this stuff now.
I would definitely recommend this strain.

I just pressed some hash today of those Apollo 11 plants. Cured 9 months, dry sifted and pressed.

Thanks for the visit. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Did a bubble hash run of it after the dry sift.

120micron, 90, 73, 45, 20 (top to bottom, left to right)

6 Likes

Oh dat looks nice. 9 months? chuckle no way suff lasts that long at my house!

3 Likes

That sounds amazing. I’ve never had to opportunity to try Apollo 11 in its pure form, but I’ve got two A11 x (F13 x A11) plants in flower right now for a seed run.

4 Likes

I don’t know where they have Apollo 11 but if you go to brothersgrimm website I’m sure they can help you locate some. The re-do seems to be just as satisfying.
I’m going to run 24 of them in the fall, perhaps make some backups, maybe genius x A11 Who knows! If I do, I’ll make enough to go around.

Your cross sounds good, looking forward to hearing about how they come out. Best of luck. :slight_smile:

Olbrannon, I just hadn’t been smoking too much of late, now I’m catching up. :smiley:

Happy daze, fellas!

6 Likes

Violeta by ACE @
@23 days. Great coloring, sturdy, tall, thick plant. Another 40 days ±

Ray’s Genius x Panama is chugging along about 7 days behind the Violeta. Massive leaves, good bud setting.

3 Likes

The closet…ACE Violeta, Nicole Kush, BG’s Killer Queen 2.0, ACE’s Bubba Hash, BG Apollo13 at varying stages of flowering.

Week 2:

Week 4 begins:

3 Likes