60x Magnifying Loupe or Glass?

So I recently bought one of those 30x 40mm magnifying glass and I love it. It’s like one of these:
https://a.co/d/3YnLR9j

Well, now I want one in 60x, but I can’t seem to find it anywhere. Only 60x scopes I find are on regular loupes with like 6-8mm aperture or 10mm but made to look at stamps and the like. I’m looking for a 60x magnifier with at least 20mm aperture that is easily hand held and maneuverable. Anyone know where to find one?

2 Likes

60X Handheld Magnifying Glass with Uv Light,Chargeable LED Illuminated Lighted Magnifier for Macular Degeneration, Seniors Reading, Soldering, Inspection, Coins, Jewelry, Exploring https://a.co/d/bZysn1Q

4 Likes

Not the cheapest, but that is one I found on Amazon for you

2 Likes

Thanks Natea! Either that didn’t show up in my search, or I missed it.

2 Likes

Have you used that loupe on top of your phone camera?

1 Like

No problem, it takes 2 weeks, but Temu also has them pretty cheap

1 Like

I have a 100x times year old loupe from radio shack from 25 years ago and it works just fine:

6 Likes

Nice. I upgraded to a digital one that links to my phone, it can zoom in and out really well and can take screenshots. Pretty cool, cost about 20

2 Likes

Note: this isn’t a “30x” magnifier, it has a focal length of 30mm which is about 8x. That’s a very nice power for a handheld magnifier lens.

If you want a similar lens but with more “power” look for 20mm focal length or so.

Google 20mm EFL achromatic doublet to find that.

You won’t find a useable “60x” simple lens that works even remotely as well as what you have. A 20x loupe is really difficult to use. I’d look for a 10-15x loupe if I were you.

2 Likes

Ah ok. Didn’t know about the focal length. I’ve already got a jewelers loupe with 30x and 60x but the lenses are much smaller and I have a hard time getting a good picture of what’s going on. Thinking about bitting the bullet and getting a digital one instead.

2 Likes

It’s always a balance of attributes - less magnification means more depth of field, more field of view, easy to hold.

More magnification means shorter and shorter focal lengths, which equates to smaller diameter lenses.

I like 30mm and 25mm or so as magnifiers. You can find these surplus for a few bucks.

I like my $30 Amazon video microscope for better views than that but I use that on its stand on my desk. Good to get one of those too

2 Likes

This right here. Those little hand held loupes are great for a quick look-see. But get one of the microscope deals. A bit more money, but you definitely see where the money goes. The one I have is about 30 bucks. I have an old microphone stand and it fits exactly in the mic holder. I get super clear closeups and the are Bluetooth to your phone so you can keep the pics. And it’s is lighted and rechargeable. Love it.

4 Likes

Yes mine is exactly that kind but not Bluetooth, I have a cord to my phone. Mine works well, but I wish I did get the Bluetooth version

1 Like

I gotta get one of these bad boys !

3 Likes

There are lots of good options. I don’t have one.

2 Likes

You’ll be glad you did. I don’t use it often but when I do use it, I’m glad I have it. And it’s rechargeable. And bright adjustable lights.

1 Like

There’s SOOOOO MANY ! I don’t even know where to start! I looked last night it’s overwhelming lol

2 Likes

nice find @PhilCuisine
do you have one of these already?

I use these. They are not durable, I had one roll off the counter once and it was toast. On my 3rd in about 2 years. I cannot lean to do the magnifying glasses and loupes with my back so here’s what I deal with. If you are worried about thumb and hand dexterity this may not be for you. Fairly decent shots though. I bought the little lenses for my phone on Amazon and they weren’t nearly as good as this. This had been $23.99 until now .

3 Likes