7's Workshop of Weed

Current secondary tent. Both berries and cheese

11 Likes

Whoops. Funny, this mushy on the bottom is bigger than all the surface ones. This is why people use bin liners within their tubs - to stop light and deter side/bottom growth.

5 Likes

Strip vs Blurple vs Cob

33k lux @ 50cm - bridgelux EB 2

18k lux @ 50cm - mars hydro 900w (2015 model)

34k lux @ 50cm - Cree cob cxb3590

6 Likes

the first flush LOL

10 Likes

Lol not the biggest but they look really nice. Can I live in your shed? It seems like a fun place!

3 Likes

I practically live in it anyway, you can be my room mate

3 Likes

So going by Mars standards, the bridgelux and Cree are equivalent to around a1600W unit’s. That’s good to know, I have a couple of bridgelux lights ATM, just about to order some more to make another one.

How much more did you pay for the mars compared to the other 2?

1 Like

So the mars hydros were 470 GBP for 2 900w 2015 model, 5 watt diodes

The cxb3590s came as parts so without factoring in time, material, etc to build it - the parts (cobs, heatsinks, lenses, cones, drivers) i cant actually find any invoice, but i think it was between 800-1100 GBP, I remember it being a lot but not sure if it was above 1k or not. I’ve rebuilt this light about 4 times, and replaced 1 of the drivers

The bridgelux strips cost me 70 GBP, and around 50 for the aluminium. I’m reusing one of the 900w’s drivers/frame

5 Likes

A bit of a difference in prices there, the Cree was expensive, just goes to show the bridgelux are well worth there money, with a little effort. It takes me about 90 minutes to build a 2ft x 4 ft light with 16 strips. I can probably do better on my 3rd one, they get easier every time.

$1.71 CA to the pound atm, quite a good exchange rate, looks like its gained strength after Brexit, I may have to bring some cash over before it drops again lol. I can make a 240w 16 strip light for about $175 or just over 100 pounds, and works almost as good as a Cree, I would not have thought they worked that well. Mine work very well but its good to see comparisons done, to get actual numbers to gauge by.

4 Likes

The crees I bought back in early 2017 and there were 10 cobs all together. I still use them in my main tent, they have lasted me for ages without a single burnt out diode, my only issue with them were the coverage and heat, the bridgelux strips are actually incredible and I could add an additional 10 strips to my current build if i wanted.

5 Likes

I built my second bridgelux at the beginning of Jan, it was a 22" by 44" frame, with 16 strips with a 240w driver. They only had 12 strips left when I ordered them, so its been in my veg tent with only 2/3 of the frame covered, and I cant believe how fast my plants are growing at 20W a sq ft, even without being directly under it, 12 inches above the canopy. I had it at about 8 but was getting leaves showing light stress.

So I decided I am going to add the 4 extra strips to it, and put it out in my flower room, and do 2 more 10 strip 150W on 22" X 44" frames instead, and save a bit more money.

1 Like

rebuild of the bridgelux light

11 Likes

Cheeky upskirt

9 Likes

getting some nicer mushrooms from this tub. hopefully will last a few more days. I might try and soak it, but then again the sub wasnt mixed too well from the start so I may just toss it

11 Likes

61g wet so far, not bad

9 Likes

Bridgelux light 2.0

bridgelux 2.0 in

9 Likes

Mushroom shots

Mushrooms

12 Likes

Berries and cheese scrog progress. Im being pretty brutal with these girls, have trimmed back pretty much 1 fan leaf per node and tied them back as much as I can to try fill out the net nicely. Right plant growing much longer than left plant but both scrogging quite nicely

8 Likes

CBD Medgom

13 Likes

Rye grain jars

Good signs of growth in the rye grain jars Bad signs of growth. Cobweb mold. All jars tossed

10 Likes