In search of over the top Pine smells

What cultivars have the loudest pine smell. Like a whole damn Christmas tree stuffed in the jar. I have had luck with Tahoe crosses, and I know it shows up in Headband too. I have tried both PTK and Xmas bud crosses and it just wasn’t there for me.

Just looking for some other opinions.

Thank You
-GH

22 Likes

Yeah ptk doesn’t have it. It is piney, but more like pine wood. It’s also just not super terpy, like most indicas.

7 Likes

Wish I could help as I love that smell/taste! Have not had it since high school days!!!
Hope you find it

11 Likes

I grew out a Botafumeiros strain this year that was like lemon pine sol.

6 Likes

And just like that this pack of Tahoe I got just moved up the list lol… I am also in search of the pine I have a northern lights thread looking for it as well… So maybe check into northern lights

Edit:pine flavors are in my experience more plentiful than smells I’m looking for pine cone in my mouth flavor lol

8 Likes

The ssdd f2s have a pheno…that’s piney/minty/menthol like

5 Likes

I do so remember that weed in HS LOL I still to this day call it HighSchool (My name for a strain if I made it LOL)
Every now and then I get a wiff of the smell if I put a burning joint up to my nose and sniff just after a toke.
I wish I could find a strain like this again I would grow the shit out of it.

6 Likes

You say NL may have this profile, hummm I have some NL from a few yrs ago that I never popped yet
Just a thought

3 Likes

Jack herer has a strong pine smell but that may be down to the NL#5 lineage :v:

7 Likes

What about nl5/haze…Google says…Jack ,Larry og, rom…lmao

3 Likes

Seedsman Jack had nothing remotely pine smelling. Perhaps another line does.

3 Likes

Right…hence the lmao

3 Likes

Seedsman Bruce banger is nothing at all like the original Bruce banner either. I just think he does a fastbuds and sticks a popular name on his strains so they will sell. I fell for it once. Never again will I buy a seedsman strain.

According to Leafly, Jack Herer includes the following:
Linalool (0 - 0.05%)

Myrcene (0.1 - 0.3%)

Pinene (0 - 1.0%)

Limonene (0 - 0.9%)

Caryophyllene (0.01 - 0.4%)

As you can see, pinene has the potential to occur in the largest proportion in this strain, making it the dominant flavor. Pinene, obvious from its name, smells a lot like a pine tree, which is where this strain gets its woody, piney scent. Pinene are also found in conifer trees, basil, and pine needles - making it a staple for all the woodsy smells we love.

5 Likes

I remember a while back that there was a nice (Brothers Grimm) C99 that had a beautiful pine smell to it. Not sure if it was the particular pheno that I had found or what but to this day I’ve not found anything else quite like it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Have you found any pine Jack from another breeder? I’m just got the Jack as freebies and decided to check them out. Wasn’t terribly impressed, but I haven’t tried Jack from anyone else either.

2 Likes

Sannies Jack goes lemon, but not found pine in it and grown a bunch of them .

3 Likes

No I’ve never had it but personally Ive never searched for a pine terp strain. I stumbled on the information I linked a while back when I was searching for a decent c99 replication and It triggered a lost brain cell so I shared the info I’d almost forgotten :laughing::v:

3 Likes

Seriously…one might try nirvana’s NL…it was piney 10yrs ago…F’ it…my buddy has nirvana NL f2s I think …I’m about to see…I’ll just get a pk to see what I find

8 Likes

I asked a respected breeder in the community that’s known as a librarian of strains…lol…he says most pine disappeared in the 90s…but to, airborne g13, og, and green pheno bubba have the pine taste…for me back in the early 2000s…let’s say gulf area…it had to be tk we were smoking…

5 Likes

TK has more OG citrus smell, to me at least

-GH

4 Likes