8k_feet's trying to ride the lightning - Ace Malawi x Panama

Those are looking great.

That HG4 is definitely a sativa leaner as expected. It might get a little lanky but shouldn’t be too bad. I’m actually pretty excited to see what that sucker turns out. It’s 25% Aborigine, 25% Jungle Spice, 25% Acapulco Gold/Tenderheart and 25% unknown from an ACSB random pack.

I’ve actually been smoking the mom of your HG4 this week and it’s awesome.

6 Likes

Day 76 (Day 27 Flower [for my plants, day 35ish for adoptees])

Light: 40-60k (based on plant height) on 12/12
Feeding schedule: 2x @ lights on lights off
Nutes: 2.0 ec
Humidity: 70%
Temp: 64 lights off, 85 lights on

It’s a jungle in here, full of weird and wild.

I’m still too nervous to prune as I have never until this point developed a true supercropped “canopy” to go down from. I also don’t really care about yields.

From left to right!

PTK has probably finished its stretch, it’s still only ~14" tall. Pretty squat - no branching, just a crazy thick main stem.

HG4 got its head toasted by slamming into the QB panels in a single day. Oh well. It has such spindly sativa flowers I’m not that optimistic about its final product but will let it rip.

Blue Hemp Lebanese is just wild and beautiful - some very strange flower growth, with really early trichome development.

Blue Hemp Leb 2

Black Lebanese - just showing the mess of a supercropped top-cola here, covered with dense flowers. Hasn’t turned black for me yet.

LA Confidential - the left LAC shot up easily 8" taller than the right, pretty strange. I’m showing the supercropped branch for comparison to the right most LAC.

10 Likes

:+1::+1::+1:

My blue hemp lebs are producing some weird flowers as well. Very unusual plant…

The HG4 is leaning sativa pretty hard. I wouldn’t worry. Keep the light on it and it’ll produce. Buds might be more airy than you’re used to and slower to develop. It’s gonna take a few weeks longer to finish. The mom was very similar… Sativa expressions all day. That’s just how they do.

3 Likes

Awesome journal, thanks for documenting everything so well.

2 Likes

I had to supercrop the hg4 for the 3rd time and it now has a circular stem and pretty nice canopy. It still amazes me how flexible the plant is, like bonsai.

6 Likes

Day 83 (Day 34 Flower [for my plants, day 42ish for adoptees])

Temp: 64 lights off, 95 (!) lights on

Not much to report, tent is getting a bit hot but everyone’s still blasting off. Flower development is doing pretty well.

The whole gang:

Blue Hemp Lebanese absolutely weird flower structure.

Black Lebanese on left, 2x LA Confidential on right.

Pine Tar Kush buried in the corner, but seems to still be getting decent light.

5 Likes

Day 87 (Day 38 Flower [for my plants, day 46ish for adoptees])

Had to finally clean out my drain pans today - they had combined over 10 gallons of what looked like something swamp thing would climb out of - just pure green algae. They were a bitch to lug out, weighed at least 50lbs a piece, lucky I didn’t spill any.

Required moving all the girls out and getting them re-situated which was probably good.

Everyone is frosting up and in full flower production mode now, w00t!

PTK - won’t be a big yielder but looks gorgeous. Still only 18" high probably at its max.

The freak that is Black Lebanese - hard to discern this is the top cola, it’s probably equivalent to one of those ~20oz soda bottles.

The smaller LA Confidential frosting out

Wildass HG4 which can barely support its top weight - when I took it out of the tent it wanted to flop 90 degrees. It’s literally just resting against the tent wall as support now. Typical airy sativa buds but putting on weight.

6 Likes

Day 97 (Day 48 Flower [for my plants, day 56ish for adoptees])

RIP Blue Hemp. Succumbed to bud rot. Thankfully I pulled 10 mature looking seeds out of a branch @lefthandseeds pollinated with a male Blue Hemp, so that’s at least a redeeming factor…

Can see the “fuzz” in the leaf gaps around the stem.

Nastiness.

Healthy big brown striped seeds. Lucky they got to maturity most likely because @lefthandseeds states BHL is a fast flowering plant.

LA Confidential still putting on mass, very frosty seen by the trichs crawling out onto the fan leaf edges.

LAC both plants.

HG4 being the freak it is, putting on more flower weight for sure. Had to bungie it to a support to keep it upright.

PTK still putting on mass in the corner.

Black Lebanese - my camera didn’t capture it but the flowers have turned purple which is a nice touch from this plant.

Have a great one!

7 Likes

Day 102 (Day 53 Flower [for my plants, day 61 for adoptees])

Humidity: 30%

I started running exhaust full time since the Bud Rot Debacle, so RH dropped to 30 but I’m so late in flower it won’t matter.

Just waiting for trichs to amber out at this point. Most of the adoptees are full on cloudy but I’d like to see a bit of amber before I go medieval on them.

The whole gang:

Freak monster HG4 doing sativa things and putting on weight:

Black Leb trich status:

LA Confidential Trichs:

Pine Tar Kush trichs:

Happy mother’s day!

11 Likes

That LA confidential looks a lot like how mine came out, some beautiful weed and it absolutely melts your head but too much gave me anxiety. Still good stuff though brother an the grows looking gurrrrd :+1:

4 Likes

That’s what I’ve heard on the face melting, they’re the 2 on the right in the main group pic - they’re surprisingly dark, almost look over-nuted to me but they aren’t clawing so I think it’s just pheno expression. I’m pumped for how crazy frosty they are!

4 Likes

Day 109 (Day 60 Flower [for my plants, day 68 for adoptees])

Humidity: 30%
Temp: 64 lights off, 72 (!) lights on

Chop day for both LAC and Black Leb.

Well, I found some more bud rot, the Black Leb had it buried in parts of the main cola, I chopped out the bad bud sites which thankfully were only a couple on the cola but sadly the size of my palm.

The mold was localized to the lowest flower on the nodes I chopped, and couldn’t spot any more, so I think they’ll be safe to dry and consume.

The plants were all super dense, I should’ve pruned a lot better. None of them displayed any amber trichs but they were all cloudy and have been in past their flower end date.

In any case, going to pull some goodness down.

Black Leb - main cola definitely black!

Shorter LAC 1

LAC 2

HG4 - still has a good bit of time left, along with PTK. She is really pumpin the flower though, I am absolutely stoked for this one which is a super sativa leaner. I need more sativa in my life.

6 Likes

Day 76 flower

Greetings friends!

It’s been too long. Life has been steamrolling me lately - we just got an offer on our house so I’m probably going to be taking a hiatus from growing until my Grow 2.0 is set up. I can promise it’ll be bigger and badder. I’m going to probably build out an actual room.

HG4 is all that remains, PTK, LAC and Black Leb have been put in jars!

Yield from 2x LAC (far left), 1x Black Leb (middle), and 1x PTK (right) - I haven’t bothered weighing. 24oz jars.

Pine Tar Kush - Strong pine notes for sure, props to newguy420 for very consistent genetics.

LA Confidential - I’m having trouble capturing how dark these are, but it came out frosty and very dark purple.

Black Lebanese - black leaves, super weird to see. Never seen this type of expression before! Apologies for the slight blur.

HG4 too much flower mass, not enough branch! Just waiting for the hairs to go orange and I’ll chop it.

11 Likes

I also snagged a fair amount of seeds.

The lac and black leb were both crossed with bodhi’s cherry queen and blue hemp Lebanese.

We just dabbed a couple branches but the tape marker fell off the black leb so its crosses are mixed of either. The lac was clearly marked but pollen spread to a few other branches just from a q-tip!

9 Likes

Day 86 flower

Last plant got the chop. HG4, the freak. She went super weird - huge stretch with dense flowers on branches that couldn’t hold their weight, and bent. They’re like sativa wizard wands but way less airy in structure.

She yielded more than I think all of the other 4 plants combined so far, at least by my hyper accurate branch per clothes hanger measurement.

The plant actually early on slammed into the lights on initial stretch, roasting her main cola - which actually caused her to top into 4 main colas. First time for everything.

Pre-chop, apologies for the darkness, had the LEDs dimmed in deference to my eyes and the upcoming execution.

Mains from the top; all of the fans turned a dark purple a few weeks back, I’m just awful at catching it properly. They look black here.

Final loadout.

9 Likes

We moved so I had to break down the tents and found the hg4 doing this after 2 weeks in the dark with no water.

I’ve never re-vegged before, but that seems to be what happened, though it’s all white!

I was tempted to take a clone just to see if one of those freaks would grow out.

I have to set this pile up again this weekend to pop some Ace Panama x Malawi!

7 Likes

So is that LA confidential :eyes: I loved the LAC I grew out, had a bluey/purple on the buds but it disappeared after cure. Can’t remember who the breeder was now…

1 Like

Tents back up. Gotta wire up some stuff but popping these will get me motivated.

Anyone in the OG house had a go at these? How many should I run in a 4x2? I was thinking 2 with a lot of training and pruning.

This one will be fun. My first pure sativa!

8 Likes

I have a Colombian Gold x Malawai Gold going now. It’ll be a first for me mostly. It may be a male but I also have more of those and have a full Malawi and a lemon Thai I’ll drop in a few weeks. Im setting up my sativa room now. Enjoy. Mine is a beauty even if it does turn out male. It has short internodes to me for a sativa. It’s called Golden Wedding. peace

6 Likes

4/5 have sprouted nice tails and went into rooters.

The last straggler is banished to the paper towel until he or she throws out that root.

Setup the veg tent and cranked the veg panels down to 5-7k lux and the heating mat to 78.

Have a good one!

6 Likes