A big bears grows and tribulations

The smell came back at lights on when the fans kicked in. Usually it only smells when the lights are on. But untill a week or so ago they start stinking about an hour before the lights kick in.
I’m pretty sure 1/3rd of the root ball wasn’t getting any water or nutrients.
When you water, the liquid picks the path of least resistance and sticks to it. So if the soil isn’t very absorbent it runs top to bottom and doesn’t saturate the soil completely allowing the rest of the soil to dry out, killing all the beneficial bacteria and mycohizae.
The plant acts like its out of food and limited in root space.

2 Likes

Close up bud shots. She’s producing again 8 weeks and 2 to go

Mr nice shit is about finished
When the diesels done ill take all but her lower branches and let the male do his thing for a couple more weeks .

3 Likes

11 Likes

So… The so hum living soil did a really good job with Mr nice but a bit short for a heavy feeding sativa like chem 91#12.
May have done fine with her too if it had better absorption.
My super soil is a bit better than that. So ill likely recycle this grows root balls into my mix and amend accordingly. I get faster growth out of my recycled stuff.

2 Likes

Well, my current grow will be finished in 2 to 3 weeks so its time to get the winter run sprouted.

At the top is cali connection original diesel in original and fem.
Second is Connosuer’s original diesel haze.
Third down is killing fields f3 from sannies.
Fourth down is TGA subcools jack the ripper(my last 5)
Fifth down is copper chem 2 f2s and 2 f1s.
I’ve found my male plant iso-chamber.
I plan on sealing it with door weatherstripping, a good coat of flat white, 6, 25.00 amazon ufo’s and a bunch of cheap eBay cpu fans as well as a drip irrigation set up and a small desk heater.(its in the garage and gets chilly.
The hunt between now and 2020 will be finding a male for all six doors preserved with periodic cloning, sibling seed, and tissue culture.
I look forward to sharing my abominations!!!

5 Likes

that looks like a perfect isolation chamber! are you looking for all chem males? :smiley:

i’m hopefully getting some gage green sun maiden (grapestomper x {chemdawg x OG kush}) which is supposed to have a chem fuel smell

1 Like

This is a classic. Thank for sharing brother bruin!

99%

1 Like

If black Lebanese shows up in the next day or two ill be adding 5 more and upgrading to a 4x4 tent.
The goal is to reduce from 30 plants to 9 plants by setting aside males, culling week or abnormals, and selecting bests.
Light will be cut to 12/12 at two weeks from sprout.
Each of the 9 will be uppotted from solo cups to 3 gallon containers and trimmed sea of green style with single colas.
At three weeks full flower each girl will be isolated with her male in full bloom for 24 hrs then drenched in water and returned to the tent after some isolation.
I’m not worried about running out of bud at this point, and the seedy stuff makes great hash.
Let it be known. I will be crossing regs to fems on occasion to get traits needed,and I am educated and patient enough to work out any bugs that may come up.
Here’s 20 plants stacked in a 3x3 dynamite diesel, copper chem, black gold, garlix. Rows 5 each. No trim 4 weeks veg I believe. (Edit 3 weeks veg)

7 Likes

Thanks man Nope I’m looking for a killing fields male and a jack the ripper too!

So far, for the six slots I have a copper chem male.
A diesel male (chem91#12) and a karma og male.
The plan is to get a durban male, a black,indica hash plant type male. And a purple fruity male.
More to add later

1 Like

Chem 91#12 male getting some assistance from a desk fan pollinating his sweethearts.
I’ve decided to let him go full bore on both Mr nice and his female 91#12
The seedlings I’ve got going should all pop tonight or tomorrow and spend 2 weeks in the nursery before going to 12/12 with these pregnant females in their last two weeks. For a total of 4 weeks for seed maturity. Both plants will be shucked and reduced to hash while the seeds are dried and labled

12 Likes

So if all goes well at the end of January I’ll have f2s of chem 91#12 and f1s of Mr nice shit/91#12 .
At the end of March I should have f2s of cali’s
Sour d, (for incross to select out hermie tendencies).
f6 of killing fields,
f1s of cali’s sour d/original diesel haze (for bx to sour d),
f2s of jack the ripper,
f1s of killing fields/jack the ripper( for bx to KF)
copper chem f2/f1,
and possibly f1 killing fields/black lebanon(for bx to black leb)
Counting chickens before they hatch, but this is contingent of finding a decent regular male out of cali’s sour d, jack the ripper, and killing fields.

1 Like

I really hope all that all comes to fruition!!!

1 Like

Expansion is crucial this year as I just got a potential plug on a bunch of dark heart nursery clones.

Just checked them out and they all look so delicious… DEF go big :thumbsup:

I may be getting a legit “grail” C91cut from Chemdawgs C91… Really hoping its all its cracked to be, but I need space just as you

1 Like

Being out east you’re cut is likely legit. I hope you get her and can’t wait to see her blow your mind!
There is an anxiety aspect so watch you’re dosage

2 Likes

Just a quick psa.
I talk about a lot of fancy strains and may come off as snobbish about genetics.
Let it be known I am most impressed with this plant and all its pheno’s, from old school nirvana’s ice. To clone only la confidential and because of this I still send a lot of cash to seedsman for the classics.
I’m eyeballin a last pack of sensi’s shiva skunk regs right now lol

6 Likes

Well So far we have successfully germinated:
Cali sour d- 2 regs 1 fem
Connosuer sssdh- 3 fems
Sannies killing fields-. 3 regs
Tga jack the ripper- 2 regs
greenpoint copper chem 2 regs
Copper chem f2 2 regs

m

That takes us to 15 plants transplanted.
The remaining 9 will be given more time to show.
With the jack the ripper, Connosuer sssdh, and cali sour d, I didn’t expect great germ rate because they were over seas purchases and haven’t been released for a while.
In short, old stock lol, but I always give seedlings up to two weeks to sprout just in case and its payed off enough to continue the practice.
My 91#12, karma og and copper, male clones are nice and happy liVing like house plants in the master bathroom.
I will be putting 5 black lebanese in cubes later today.
If the remaining seeds don’t pop I will likely choose 2 more strains to add to my breeding pool as I need 9 total fems for the flower cab, though I need doubles of some.

4 Likes

You’ll notice a bit of stretch in my terrible photos lol
The fluorescents on my seed starter tray were a bit old so they spend some time in the flower cab to get some hardcore sunshine to gentle them down a bit.
Today ill be taking inventory of my current seed stock and ill likely stop buying for a while.
The goal is to take each cross to f3 ultimately and determine what stays and what goes.
2018 is gonna be a great year!

3 Likes

A small amount of soil, as a top dressing, won’t hurt the plant and will support it.

Don’t worry about how people perceive you. You can’t fix it anyway.

4 Likes