A big bears grows and tribulations

I’m getting chatty from my dynamite diesel session lol
I think my ultimate goal for all my plants is to create Homozygous true breeding strains.
Heirlooms like my veggies that are consistent and reliable per description and expectation

5 Likes

Let the thoughts flow! That is how genius is born. :grin:

4 Likes

Update on the new batch germination

Cali sour d: 2 regular 2 fem out of 2 reg and 3 fem
Connosuer ossdh: 4 fem out of 5
Killing fields f5: 5 out of 5 germ (hoping for a male)
Tga jack the ripper: 3 out of 5 (hoping for male)
Copper chem f2: 3 regs out of 4 (hoping for male)

2days germ still holding out:
The black: 2 out of 4 regs (hoping for male)
Black lebanon: 3 out of 5
Established

Possibles :

Late bloomers:

I lean heavily on Darwin for seedlings.
No heat mat, room temperature, no soak.
Pack to soil/rooter. If it doesn’t pop it doesn’t make the cut.
If I give a buddy some of my seed stock I don’t want him jumping through hoops to get em to sprout.
If you have to soak your seeds imho the seeds are no good.

9 Likes

How old are the babies in the first pic, the more developed ones

Lots of fun genetics you have to play with, can’t wait to see some of these grown out, a couple of them I’ve never heard of and had to look up but they look awesome to

Thanks First pic I believe are one @ 1 week.
Don’t have my notes with me lol.
I appreciate all the likes guys!
Cross your fingers for males!

2 Likes

You will have some studs for sure, may Dionysus be with you my friend!

2 Likes

Sorry for limited updates, I’m working long hours these holidays.
The girls are all very healthy. A few runts but I don’t discriminate on size.
Ill get some shots up tomorrow when the lights are back on. These seeds are in 12/12 from the start and smokeable production isn’t a priority.
Just seeds. Males will be picked out and reveged untill the girls are ready to go to the breeding bucket one at a time sterilizing between.
Got a johnny appleseed itch this season.
It will be nice to have some decent stuff to trade and give.

5 Likes

Top pick clockwise from top left
The black, sour d,sour d, killing fields(kf), sour d fem, black lebanon(bl), bl,bl, the black, the black.
Next pic. Clockwise from top left.
Copper,copper,jack the rip,copper, ossdh, ossdh, ossdh, kf, kf, kf, two jack the rippers in the middle

14 Likes

Oh my brother! How i would love some '91 Chem seeds. Leme know whats up. Buy or trade. Thanks!

1 Like

Chopping this weekend about 2 weeks to dry and sort. Fair warning, I’m keeping half the seeds for selection. ill put ya on the list!
Send a dm so I remember.

3 Likes

Will do brotha! Much love.

2 Likes

I too love diesel, actually got some drying up right now, temp 25C and RH 55%. Will probably go for like a week like that.

Check it out!

Your crosses sound really nice, and i just pm’d you.

See ya there!

8 Likes

Signature diesel growth pattern on that one.
I love the shape and can never bring myself to top them lol.
Only thing I don’t like about the diesels is, if I cut too early or sample before a full cure, they give me the jitters and rapid heartbeat.
After a good cure though they are perfect for yard work and boring repetitive projects.

5 Likes

Chop and dry for my ladies
The new generation growing like weeds.

9 Likes

Wow that one drying on the right looks packed!

And I tried my Sour early just recently and man I hated the way it made my heart race

No worries man! it’ll mellow out with cure. But yeah if you’re not patient it will give a guy a full blown panic attack.

Lesson learned, Mary Jane teaches us many things… Wax on Wax off

1 Like

I have a newfound love of Diesels, this last batch of meds wifey got, was Double Diesel, and I have to say, I haven’t had these kind of effects with other strains.

I get a super chill but energetic buzz. My creative center starts flowing, and I get all these wonderful ideas. I also (and I know how crazy this is gonna sound, but I swear I experienced this) I feel almost as if it has some kind of spiritual or healing energy to it. Like I don’t know how to fully explain it… and yes i’m currently under the effects of it, but it almost feels like with every breath a feeling of restorative energy floods my mind body and soul… Ok i’m gonna go hide now haha.

6 Likes

No doubt! Kinda works like an aphrodisiac too, nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more.

Its definitely an active working man/woman strain.
But some have a heavy anxiety element.

2 Likes

So we’ve got males showing in 12/12 with good and potentially catastrophically bad news.

So far confirmed (hanging grape like balls) males.
Are

Cali sour d: 1 male
Connoisuer original diesel haze: 2 males
Jack the ripper: 2 males
Copper chem 1 f1 male 1 f2 male 1 female.
Nothing showing yet on, the black.
Nothing yet on killing fields
And black lebanon is feminized.

Here’s the issue, Connosuer original diesel haze is feminized and I have two confirmed ballz out males!

This strain was never offered in regular seed.
Now I know its possible to get a male out of fem seed but the chances are SLIM TO NONE! , so getting two males is very upsetting to this old bear.

I’m looking at their catalog and not sure what I was accidentally sent in that original sour diesel haze package. One possibility is that its their discontinued strain “fuel” which would be splendid.
But just as likely its a accidental cross with who knows what!
Ill keep them and watch them for traits but ill likely disqualify them from my program unless they present as undeniably diesel.
So we’re three weeks from popping all these seeds
And now I may need to get a stand in strain started for the diesel program to continue.
Here’s our options

Greenpoint seeds dynamite diesel
(east coast sour d X stardawg kate Upton cut)
Top dawg seeds, inner eye
( headband X onycd)
Mosca seeds diesel moonshine
(Original diesel x old time moonshine)

The end goal for the diesel program is to have a homogenized true breeding combination of:
1 original diesels. vigour/fuel terps/root ball.
2 sour diesels. Sulfur terps, tight nodes and uplifting high
3 east coast sour diesels meaty skunk terps.
A true breeding all encompassing definitive diesel!
Which ever I choose I’m increasing my light timer from 12/12 to 14 hrs on over this next week to slow the sexing of the females and give the new Comer a chance to catch up in the breeders bucket at 24 hrs a day, lights on.
Descisions decisions.

6 Likes