A DIY Project for Christmass - Egzoset's Customized VG Pipe

so this pipe requires lighting with a torch? or is it a chargeable vaporizer?

sorry i have been confused by this whole thread it’s all so technical

1 Like

Salutations LegalCanada,

That’s right, except lightning and the actual inhalation phase can be made almost separate. Lighting is for Pre-Heating which injects a Heat Charge into its Hybrid Core. This is performed at the lowest possible inhalation force because it’s only meant to avoid self-extinction of the flame… Doing so still provides a tiny finite amount of moisturized air distributed through the overall path which i suppose contributes to the final result.

The Heat Charge only lasts for a very brief period of time, so it’s chargeable but i must resort to Pulse Mode operation to exploit this aspect. Reconfiguration of the Hybrid Core gives access to “Bi-Energy” where Heat Charges are a function of Mass and Specific Heat Capacity, which is affected by dimmensions. Now that it’s tweaked for “Plan-B” (with a butane flame in mind) the Core’s storage capacity can be evaluated for “Plan-A” Induction Heat injection. Which means it’s actually chargeable in both scenarios but only as a brief heat “bubble” which starts to degrade rapidly until airflow caused it to stretch because of time.

Nah, the honest truth is i can’t seem to find a proper way to write it.

Maybe the difficulty also results from Pulse Mode based on the pipe’s transitional nature compared to a static ovenizer concept as the HerbalAire, for example, with plenty of time to thermalize. In some way this DIY proposal exploits the lack of time to thermalize exactly, otherwise i’d have to use glass if i were to experiment with steady extraction regimes…

And there are some more topics still on my to-do list, like moving the Main PinHole onto the Sphere directly, in order to gain the ability to purge the whole path completely, which should also promote further “conservation” by shortening BAKE time a bit further.

Anyway thanks for passing by! This was most welcome.

Good day, have fun!! :peace:

2 Likes

Broken image links:

Replacement links for broken images (replace org with cc):

[ s1.postimg.cc/5kk48rqz2n/UFO_Element_-_Constriction_Layout_640x480.png ]

[ s18.postimg.cc/pa8ecqeu1/Egzoset_s_Customized_Bronze_Sherlock_VG_Pipe_-_November_2017_Edi.png ]

[ s17.postimg.cc/70vxrx9mn/Egzoset_s_Customized_VG_Pipe_-_To_BP_Brass_Screen_2017-_Dec-1_3.png ]

[ s17.postimg.cc/9u13boxsv/Egzoset_s_Customized_Bronze_Sherlock_Vapor_Genie_Pipe_2017-_Nov-2.png ]

[ s17.postimg.cc/5w7xx0b27/Egzoset_s_Customized_Bronze_Sherlock_VG_Pipe_2017-_Nov-30_480x.png ]

1 Like

Salutations,

Honestly i’ll just browse through the pictures hoping it helps me recall the 2017-Nov-1 context, focussed on my Customized VaporGenie Classic (wood/alu.) and Bronze Sherlock pipes.

By the way, the CannabisCulture link is definitively dead and my Google+ “Vapo” photo collection is about to disapear too in just a few days. While Hack-a-Day refuses to host them after installed trolls got it all DELETED as a block, shortly after i tried to post there, twice! Euh…

:expressionless:

Here are a few recent samples:

Basically it’s a story about replacing VG’s primitive core with a hybrid KISS version causing some major/radical shift of its applications range, now requiring no special operator skills (IMHO…), while for ex-smokers as myself i’d predict 1st-hand experience of such novel habit shall prove to become, aHummm: ADDICTIVE on the long run!!

:wink:

At least it all makes sense when i hold the final contraption in my hands, for example Full-Metal alu./brass tops…

Wood looks nice but metal proved so much more convenient after converting to “Micro-Bursting” (read “Pulse Heating”), which targets the cannabic contact-surface while attempting to leave the rest relatively untouched - to promote “conservation”. Hence sticking to a rational energy budget as well…

Finding a viable Hybrid Core layout required years of iterations, literally; though a “team” could have accelerated this slow process considerably. In any case the average path geometry was pre-established by my selection of an existing ready-made time-proven product defining my “Prototyping Platform” as early as 2013, based on the manufacturer’s own wise choice of fine materials - mainly Silicon Carbide Foam which i knew to be most compatible with both Inlet Water AND electromagnetic Induction Heat - since “Plan-B” was only meant as nothing more than a fall-back option in remplacement of IH-driven “Plan-A”, to be exact.

:relieved:

Every piece of the puzzle finally appears to have fallen in place, the pipe never felt so intuitive while being easy in terms of lungs effort, which in turn helps to avoid physical reactions as caughing, sneezing (or even rafale sneezing as in allergy-like symptoms), red or even sore eyes, nasal congestion, rash skin…

Gaining access to a “Micro-Dosing” compatible consumption method fixes a lack of applications range by supporting doses way down to mythridatism levels, if that’s required to inhale only a single toke that would cost about ~20 mg of Dry shreaded Herb every 3 ~ 4 hours (…), e.g. just to walk away right after. My prefered alternative being to multiply such toking at will until satisfied, under the sunshine hopefully…

:heart_eyes:

But i still can’t be expected to do everything all by myself since the IH challenge part then would be required to implement Inlet Water to justify any involvement similar to that of my cust. VG pipe. As a matter of fact my opportunity “window” already passed a couple years ago, present additional contributions should be considered exceptional.

Hence, « help me, obi-Wan Kenobi! » indeed.

E.G. Independant Duplication & Peer Review -IS- required more than ever!

In The Name Of Children! :children_crossing:

Indirectly, of course.

So, the need for basic metal/ceramic crafting tools remains, which ain’t any big challenge, just have a thin 46 TPi blade handy, etc. Too bad but get ready to sacrifice material while in the learning-curve climbing process!.. Not to mention some transformations are only specific to an associated model; for example i see no solution as to how my cust. alu. On-Handle thumb-controlled (manual) PinHole can be re-routed to reach its associated Hybrid-Core DIRECTLY, instead of just aiming for an auxiliary cavity past a handle’s cannabic bowl as i used to until this month:

A permanent PinHole relocated on my Full-Metal top still feels most preferable to all previous PH solutions i tried since the begining. As a matter of fact it’s versatile enough to endure a double internal PH path with one half permanent and one half “manual”, which leads to a “universal” top that can fit both wood and metal models similar to those i own myself.

The change of dynamic, by implementing manual On-Top Core-PinHole control, is such i discovered (by accident) that this radical modification actually shifts my range of applications once more - to a point now that i could myself operate the pipe with a GENUINE (uncut) SiC Foam core installed (!!), while each time when i dared try in the past years this inevitably concluded with a self-poisoning self-vilifying socio-toxic combustion fire… While now i got this fix finally implemented:

With an exception: practice shows that even a scratch on my handle’s Screw-Base mating surfaces was a rather bad idea, simple because of vegetal debris plugging that hole, or cut…

In retrospective my Hybrid Core still feels easier to manouver i believe, most especially if/when using 2-fingers PH manual control on my recent cust. Bronze Sherlock.

In comparison my fully-customized Classic wood handle(s) shall never offer this much, simply because their different shape results in loosing additional index finger access to it.

Anyway the gains lead to shorter Pre-Heating pulses compensating for heat losses from my late On-Core experiments. Overall it’s even more “stealthy” than before, except the pipe ain’t exactly as a smoker pipe: #1) the characteristic odor of burned pot is totally gone; #2) each toke implies one more Pre-Heat cycle, or in clear terms i need to light up at least once every time i toke, as there’s no self-sustainable fire inside.

Exhales cover a vast range, from thin to potent enough it would support couple “ShotGuns”, maybe 2+ if libertarian - with champion lungs… Briefly put the Pulse-Heating process repetitively renewed my attachment to aroma/taste appreciation, despite present nuisible VILIFICATION effects from “Légaleezation”, for the most part - mainly the criminalization of “bio” in my province.

:mask:

Indeed i’m convinced affordable/portable design calls for the most basic 3rd-party IH driver commercially available. Lets leave electronics design to electronicians while “stoners” stay free to deal with “stoner” issues instead - which is why i actively promoted analog output control based on a set of TWO fixed Curie temperatures, within a Near-Symetrical optionally-reversible capsule (for access to equally optional “reclaim”/maintenance cycles)…

Looking at my full-blown LAVA Capsule drawings, with optional auxiliary boiler/evaporator support for distilled water (or perhaps some e-liquid?), euh… M’well, 1st i got to regret i must avoid Hot Dry Air alone. 2nd, i don’t have another 8 years of time & efforts (+ thousands of dollars…) to spare over just playing in a sand box, again, while bombarded with negativism to put it nicely.

Nonetheless my LAVA set of vaporist ideas promises post-vaporization meant to reduce microscopic cannabic “vapor” particles further in size, which ultimately can be expected to feel easier on upper airways i believe. The mention of a continuous magnetic (“bias”) field, besides fluctuating/alternating waves, reminds me this capsule concept also comes with ultrasonic self-steering to promote thermalization during the Pre-Heating (IH-driven Power Injection) phase, so the multitude of air pockets trapped in a matrix of highly-conductive Silicon Carbide gets “Charged” with energy in record time. Bowl-shaking is another appealing feature which i’d like to see put at work someday, even in slow/steady thermostatic emulations to rival venerable Ovenizers!

:innocent:

Potential temptation to prefer a custom-design IH-driver with more bells & whistles, as for some hypothetical caraoke i-Phone applets, for example, euh… M’well, such DiY challenge IMO should integrate flux concentration and shielding for starters, implementing a full-blown 3-Phase design with “scanner” features made possible by a feedback “pick-up” coil, possibly interfacing via synthetic radio software technology to “read” signatures, whatever, etc. Go figure how ambitious it can grow!!

Meanwhile i can only testify with personal observations confirming that i do find “Burst Mode” based on clean-burning blue flames quite a lot more beneficial than using an ordinary jettable yellow-flame butane lighter.

N.B.: Naturally butane here is essential as this is how Inlet Water can be added to my lungs path in a relatively safe manner, though not tested over decade periods i must admit. But yet it’s certainly safe enough to serve in “Plan-B” scenarios, “Plan-A” still remaining little more than a concept to this day. Free for the taking to top it all… Talk about an irony!

:confused:

In the end my Hybrid Core with a 17-Holes Metal Disc never failed to make sense although i get a persistent impression that VG’s inventor Dan Steinberg may have silently prefered NOT to focuss on his previous forgotten Fig. 11/12 item for the newer 2016 patent - the year after i started to work on “UFO Elements” (in mid-2015 as i vaguely recall)…

In any case as long as there’s no simultaneous use of butane fire + SiC foam the IH-driven balance remains free to explore and take over. Loto Labs showed that 1 battery is OKay with e-Liquids, too bad it failed to demonstrate a viable Dry Herb delivery method based on convective/radiative heating. Personally i always thought 2 works best in terms of global trade-offs.

If not 3, or 5!..

With support for All-Glass paths and more fantasies hopefully…

Like auto-propulsion integrated by combining some 9-poles stator to my LAVACapsule (rotor) enhanced with fins, to insufflate balloons!..

Hard to tell when imagination is likely to meet an actual limit. :rocket:

2 Likes

Update:

The Classic solved:

I would have done it to my Aluminium handle already if this had felt sufficiently realizable, which i have doubts about because there appears to be an empty void separating the large Screw-Base Mating Junction of a metal pipe, made of some Stainless Steel i figure. Indeed both components join intimately since it’s quite likely a press-fit assembly, though until i have seen the bowl before its installation into a “Classic” look alu. handle i’m afraid that later setup won’t offer an On-Top PinHole thumb-operated (manual) Path for its associated dual mode Sphere, illustrated above.

The Sphere has an index-controlled On-Top PinHole forming approximately half of an internal PH path directly connected to my Hybrid Core:

Although a cut to the annular Monobloc part will suffice to implement such PH function i found that any scratch on Mating-Side surfaces cause them to attract vegetal debris and hence might result in obstruction of its Handle-Side PH Path, eventually. The later only represents the balance/half of that Sphere’s Internal PH Path anyway, so it’s more about keeping it clean while remaining compatible with other handles.

So my final diagnostic is that an Hybrid Core transformation appears to call for this Monobloc feature exactly:

Notice how the Internal PinHole aligns perfectly with the area where my Brass Wrapped Top-of-Bowl SiC puck is usual installed, in the Screw-Base Aperture serving as an Auxiliary Core Cavity.

This type of affordable/accessible substractive customization caused a “shift” i can sense but i’ll say it’s for the best: if one happens to be a die-hard vaporist this could be the last hope before abstainance indeed…

Confinement between the Sphere and Handle created a bidirectional/coaxial set of twin paths, e.g. the main one we inhale goodies from, then now a manual PinHole one connected to a finger setting hole presumably - but not necessary as i found out it’s OKay if half of the internal PH path is caused to remain permanent in absence of control. That’s why the Sphere is also a perfect match for my Bronze Sherlock, except there can be no predictable Monobloc alignment with the large Handle Mating Junction of those metal pipes: it appears both mating parts orientation moves around on the assembly line. Which implies the Sphere must be specific to 1 handle unit, with no guaranty it can match another handle of identical model… While the containment bridge presently evaluated ain’t affected by alignment of a Top with such fully-customized Classic (wood) handle.

In retrospective i appreciate the Aluminium “Classic” best for its ease of maintenance and taste, though the On-Top PH path can only assume a permanent function, maunal control being limited to the thumb vs the large cavity past a bowl. Alternately the Bronze Sherlock offers 2-fingers manual PH operation and as a consequence its ideal flame-tip eye-contact combined to multiple manual PinHoles maximizes “inclusivity”, by removing any need for skilled operators: or you’re already on oxygen if that one fails anyway! Euh… Last but not least, this is proof that wood Classic modding can satisfy high aroma/taste expectations at an economical cost while manual PH control is still accessible. Having all 3 handle models customized and ready only makes sunny morning session more enjoyable!

Who can afford not to get involved into similar DiY transformations??

1 Like

Quick update:

My Cust. Classic VG (DiY) thumb-controlled On-Top PinHole Path never felt so right!

:relieved: