A DIY Project for Christmass - Egzoset's Customized VG Pipe

Salutations,

This is reaching it’s conclusion, i’ve got my Hybrid Core tweaked just fine and hence i’m now focussing on improving the Mating Junction, for a finished touch:

Ideally the same cfg. should equally work with electro-magnetic Induction Heat (e.g. “Plan-A”), even using distilled inlet water to “potentialize” its “Release/Transport Agent”, etc…

Good day, have fun!! :peace:

6 Likes

could you elaborate on your setup. I honestly have no idea what I am looking at. very curious!

3 Likes

look like some kind of vape or vape pipe something like that he said plan a was induction heat

2 Likes

Salutations Viva_Mexico,
Salutations GrowinNBlowin,

Yes, of course. Sorry i was too exhausted to think straight, to provide sufficient context which actually spread across many boards throughout the years:

2013-Mar-18:
[ fuckcombustion.com/threads/vaporgenie.1/page-99#post-360906 ]

2013-Jul-6:
[ www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/682435-Harm-Reduction-type-of-modded-vaporizer-pipe ]

2015-Feb-15:
[ forums.cannabisculture.com/forums/index.php?/topic/187154-time-machine/ ]

2015-Jul-22:
[ www.autoflower.net/forums/threads/butane-operated-customized-vaporist-pipe-the-power-of-fire.46461/ ]

2015-Dec-29:
[ www.marijuana.com/community/threads/enhanced-vaporgenie-classic-pipe-as-plan-b-prototyping-platform.310521/ ]

2016-Mar-21:
[ forum.grasscity.com/threads/implementing-a-forgotten-item-fig-11-12-from-vaporgenies-patent-and-more.1400054/ ]

2016-Nov-2:
[ www.rollitup.org/t/customized-butane-operated-vaporgenie-pipe-as-prototyping-platform.925588/ ]

2017-May-7:
[ forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/3-phase-for-direct-electric-conversion-as-convective-heat-using-2-x-3-6-volts-cells-out-of-3.135099/ ]

There’s a few more in French but i believe that will do just fine. The rest can be found using a simple Google Images search, including “TinyPic” in the search should make the results more specific:

[ Google Images: Egzoset VaporGenie Pipe ]

Then there’s a collection i started on Google+, with an embryo left mostly inactive on FaceBook:

[ plus.google.com/collection/AsJSIB ]

[ www.facebook.com/Egzoset/ ]

Now with all this data mining i can attempt to put it in clear, finally…

Naturally, i’d think the same as a reader who saw this for the 1st time. So here’s my long story, trying to make it short… Thank you for expressing curiosity as this is a major advancement engine while this venture missed that a lot, out of an irrational boycott i’d have to point out, but that’s another story we should leave aside.

M’well, it started in 2012 in days when it was becoming evident to me that i wasn’t fully satisfied with what i call Hot Dry Air Ovenizers today. While making circles around an HerbalAire for ~25 months, observing the emerging of health issues as early as 6 months…

The VaporGenie pipe appealed to me so i want to try it but it wasn’t long before i decided to give it away, because i realize i couldn’t operate it properly at all. It wasn’t before the next year i decided that still corresponded to the type of “PRototyping Platform” i would need to work with, because of its materials selection: Silicon Carbide (SiC), for starters. Compatibility with electro-magnetic Induction Energy paving the way to “Bi-Energy” gradually enhanced the concept, eventually, as i realized the full potential of going wireless with the heater element while retaining thermostatic heat limitation via the Curie effect of “intelligent” meatl alloys which turn “transparent” to IH energy once their Curie temperature is reached, which in turn promised to eliminate problems due to thermal interfaces and their associated propagation delays, etc.

So, i was decided to explore quite a few things but didn’t know where to start, that’s how i came to put air layers in an Hybrid Core meant to replace VaporGenie’s single “SiC Puck”, in a SANDWICH layout conveniently resulting into a thermal bottle, as i managed to understand while months passed.

But yellow flames are not as clean as the blue ones, that was a 1st major pitfall i needed years to address correctly, by moving the main Core cavity CLOSER to its target cannabic bowl. Meanwhile i was also reflecting on the need for improved eye-contact on my flame’s tip, then “PinHoles” à la VapMan were adopted because somehow that seemed to promote better movement of the “Release/Transport Agent” that i had no words to even think of what that was back then, because i just didn’t know for sure where providence would lead this exploration next…

The heat source effectively got closer to its load after moving half of my Hybrid Core into the Auxiliary Screw-Base Cavity below it. The addition of a Brass Screen came kind of late but that was the missing touch allowing a reduction of roasting spots, otherwise due to radiative heat as i concluded, so the Top-of-Bowl SiC Puck required to be wrapped into that brass screen for a least 2 purposes, eventually: shielding from spreading the heat fast through a metal barrier + convenient heat-resilient mechanical support to prevent that SiC Puck from falling out of my Sphere’s Screw-Base aperture…

Talking of Sphere another requirement that became evident after a while was the reduction of the Flame-Catcher + Monobloc path, because excessive/inapropriate lenght had a tendency to cause flame extinction when experimenting with BLUE “torch” flames. The Flame-Catcher didn’t seem to play a role in heat retention or else but it still had to hole in place firmly so i found 10 mm tall/deep was a minimum, then it became clear i’d have to try shorter Monobloc lengths as well. Which i have but i must confess i probably adopted the present values somewhat prematurely, which brings me to my method for finding the “magical” dimmensions that would give me joy - which i wasn’t even sure it actually was possible.

The problem with determining the Hybrid Core dimmensions ratios was that i didn’t know where to start, so i assumed that since SiC Pucks were opaque to light starting at 4 mm thickness then that’s where i’d have to look 1st, then after plenty of experimentation i’d eventually find a configuration that works, then another which would provide me with some insight what direction to go next. Overall it was planned to proceed in such steps going through at lest 7 generations of such iterative testing, trying to get closer to a “Sweet Spot” cluster of practical ratio sets - which it appears i have now.

The difficulty here was to proceed without the help of thermo-dynamics simulation, etc.: it had to be something anyone can do by themselves, with sufficient determination and patience (plus all sorts of resources i must admit)… But it did happen, and it’s quite ready for peer reviews by others who will be willing to do some exploration of their own, e.g. after 7 generations of iterations trying to find useful Hybrid Core dimmensions it may now be desirable to verify that better Flame-Catcher/Monobloc ratios also exist, because i’ve only evaluated a few while i might have wished to have many more to play with, now that i got my “Sweet Spot” defined as 3.1 mm thick for the SiC Front Puck, 1 mm thick for the 17-Holes Metal Disc (where each hole is #53 in diameter), then 2.5 mm thick for the Top-of-Bowl SiC Puck wrapped in Brass Screen. These last 2 items being relocated together into my Auxiliary Screw-Base Cavity past the main Core Cavity, both cavities being juxtaposed in the Monobloc…

Starting from there the next step was to focus on an alternative consumption method and ritual no longer conforming to the initial manufacturer’s instruction: long and steady became counter-intuitive! Welcome to “Pulse Mode” heat injection!

Indeed, i have. Lets go further!..

:sunglasses:

Time for IH energy to kick in! Because now the goal is to use VaporGenie’s sphere as a Thermal Bottle instead of a simple flame-transit to drop temperature. As a matter of fact the “Bursts” are so short it seems meaningless to me to remain focussed on temperature other than to prevent over-heating leading to combustion.

As a bonus the heat bottle opens the door to “Packetization” of the injected “Heat Bubble”, by virtue of simple physic characteristics like specific heat capacity in a metal, combined to that of surrounding metal/SiC and associated interface losses, etc. All evaluated by swapping parts around until some meaning starts to emerge…

So, ultimately i’ve come to conclude that this new layout wasn’t just “Bi-Energy” compatible offering some convenient “Plan-B” where “B” stands for “Butane” if/when electricity fails, not to mention i was also convinced that Inlet Water (prior to the Hybrid Core) must have been necessary too, because the shorter a pulse the better my appreciate turned out it appeared (m’well, within a reasonable range of applications, that is)… My hypothesis at that point was that the higher specific heat of water and carbonic gas must have “Potentialized” my “Release/Transport Agent” and hece the selection of VG’s pipe based on their own materials preferences proved beneficial again: SiC and non-magnetic metals shall remain simultaneously compatible with electricity (in IH “Plan-A” mode) while Inlet Wate would still be an option: just use distilled water pre-heated in an auxiliary boiler/evaporator to supply with a mix of ordinary fresh air. The result should be as in commercial ovens exploiting Super-Heated water i figured.

But it’s been such a long time with such little feedback i’m no longer able to view the whole matter with virgi eyes, hence my difficulty to write engaging text that would entertain interest and curiosity. Which makes me most pleased today when i find there may be a few curious minds left who might be willing to share the fun, or at least envision what that might be like. Because with IH injection “Micro-Bursting” would gain such precision in the stored “Heat Charge” that would most likely spell precision “Micro-Dosage” - that the pipe already allows me to foresee as it is. Even better, after dealing with all sorts of allergy-like symptoms a while ago i realized perhaps after over-sensitizing myself via inapropriate Hot Dry Air Ovenizers i’m now de-sensiting by help of this micro-dosage feature exactly, which in turn allowed me to rize the razor edge of my tolerance and then declare today that i never felt so free.

But i’m starting to feel tired, i must take a pause not to mention i’m getting too close from blowing the text length limit of our on-line editor, i suppose!

Hoping this will suffice in giving a few hints where to start.

2 Likes

so would you be able to do concentrates in this?

1 Like

Wow!!! Great read!! Thank you sir! I am gonna have to read it a couple times.

Hi again GrowinNBlowin,
Hi there Viva_Mexico!,

Quite frankly i fail to see why not since it’s all a matter of temporary heat storage capacity which is defined by specific heat capacity and weight of the heater element, for the most past. In other words you’s just need a different Hybrid Core layout in the most challenging cases. But right now i’m observing what could be considered similar to wax buildups on the Bottom-of-Bowl Screen, which ain’t exploiting any Curie effect until switching to “Plan-A” where that’s expected to implement a self-cleaning feature… Nonetheless, in “Plan-B” as it works for me today there’s plenty of cloud-generating oils collecting on the cold side of my cannabic load, which means even an empty bowl routinely produces clouds and even some worthy of attention because those seem softer to the airways, etc.

IMO this physical form of cannabis only needs a proper substrate which is appropriate for convective heating, prossibly preceeded by a brief moment of pre-heating which mainly operates via conduction heat, targetting temperatures below the vaporization range, in order to limit useless “baking” from long heat exposure, etc.

A screen with somewhat larger cells would allow sufficient airflow, i presume.

In Pusle mode it’s the surface contact which matters, the heat wave passes by too quick for the heat to thermalize deeply, which shall promote “conservation” further, on top of being a “1-Hitter” solution already, etc., etc.

Given the fact that i routinely torch spheres without emitting wood fumes i foresee that it should even be possible to use fancy fibers as a cannabic substrate, maybe even plastics - provided the pulse doesn’t reach it while at a same time vaporizing its cannabis coating, purified as oil or simply from trichome glands…

Another type of material i’d want to see put to test is haschish, actually, because that’s how i was initiated as a young man, long long ago!

Honestly i was worried this might not reach expectations, so THANK YOU, because it’s precious having readers who are brave enough to sort through it with holes in my forum and pictorial memory. Anyway in the end this long venture boils down to only a few master ideas, the need to go blue with butane flames, the necessity to shorten the Flame-Catcher path, a rare opportunity to explore a different ritual assorted to an alternative consumption method developped with “harm-reduction” in mind, while seaking global inclusivity for a wider range of applications than are possible with popular pre-existing ready-made products. Recently my attention was even attracted by claims that non-decarbozylated noble molecules may actually pass right through untransformed, which in my book renders the concept capable of supporting delicate fragrances (terpenes) extraction… CBD predecessors have a great reputation as anti-inflamatory agents, for example, which for a patient who’s not pro-cannabic it may still be an option to “smoke” (actually vaporize) while only receiving THC/CBD/CBN precursors instead and in accordance to a “Micro-Dose” kind of posology if required. Yet, as a matter of fact i’m confident the pipe will behave much like a musical instrument in the hands of skilled artists: it’s the operator who chooses how to shape his own ritual after all.

Hoping these details will give you a boost of courage in preparation of what’s awaiting on-line…

Naturally, and there’s also the fact that i was like a blind explorer searching for light… Consequently i had quite a few moments when it seemed it was the end of the road, so it means sometimes certainties in their context potentially transformed later into other doubts and question: the engine of real progress i would say!

Take you time, no need for an instant response as it’s not exactly novelty… Try a diaporama instead of text analysis, this part of my memory was often encoded with a date reference plus a few visual hints directly accessible, the rest can wait much later for when we’re ready to dialog, if desired.

But don’t take too long, please, because right now there’s this MIME on my mind:

« Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You’re my only hope! »

Just don’t let my tendency to perfectionism deter any motivation to take over if you feel like it. “Plan-B” is already attractive considering all it can offer as it is, not to mention the reasonable/accessible cost compared to what this whole concept could render obsolete, by others than Egzoset though because the opportunity window has passed for me, But it would be like early Christmass if only there could be fairplay via future/eventual peer reviews. Because i swear, that one is a killer and that’s the reason why i came to adopt a neo-mercantile (satyr) called “LAVA”, as in “LavaWand”/“LavaCapsule”, etc.: the power of fire! I’m so confident i don’t even fear for the concept itself now that it’s been put in images to scatter across the net.

M’well, i wish i could have witnessed some independant suite but i know it’s got a life of its own, i have faith if you will… So, i was hoping all those years others would join to share the fun as it emerged, better late than never and that’s why it is important to emphasize the fact that i’m not here to rent or sell anything as was unjustly claimed on Cannabis dot Com and other website prone to support a piss industry, etc., etc…

Don’t get involved for the love of a stranger, good people, consider doing it for yourselves and eventually maybe even the pro-cannabic community! I can’t care less for credentials and rewards, all that matters is to open new perspectives leading to healthier and more affordable ways!

But now i must find somebody who’s ready to take over if i’m going to see the natural conclusion of it, i was hoping that could be you and hence please take over so the fate of that Lava concept ain’t no longuer attached to that of virtual pixels anymore.

2 Likes

Wow! You are a true visionary pioneer. What a concept! I so enjoyed the read and wish I was smarter and younger so I could help you more. I will however share your vision with everyone in my circles. Thanks for the inspiration @Egzoset.

You are certainly welcome my friend. I am intrigued by your online French Canadian Products. Love the pipes! It’s on my “must have” list. One Love!

2 Likes

Hi again OleSkool830,

Then in that case i feel i must conclude that i’ve managed to push my mercatile parody style a bit too far as there never been such things, which on other boards was actually used against me to get the dedicated thread deleted after accusing Egzoset of being a “spammer”, for example:

http://boards.cannabis.com/threads/egzosets-modded-vaporgenie-classic-pipe.215700/

« The requested thread could not be found. »

My contribution was to open my mind and let the visions reveal themselves, but thanks a bunch, i rarely encounter people ready to do the same as well!

As a matter of fact the reader is only required to be sufficiently handy and involved…

Although the dedicated threads are written in some clean style most of the time i assure you my directing line was always to offer solutions promoting replication (e.g. implying relative ease of access).

Please feel most welcome to share the fun, even complete threads abandoned on systems where i no longer post, for example…

In my opinion the next guy to invest time & effort on this most certainly won’t regret it! Transposition should be straightforward if the Hybrid Core is located in a pipe with compatible dynamics, just start from the basic sandwich layout:

After all « resistance if futile! », eventual experimenters taking this challenge shall find out why later… :smirk:

Not to mention it has happened already anyway, just not yet…

:smile:

To me it’s a real privilege finding myself in good company, the thing is that the product i chose as a prototyping platform was patented long ago by VaporGenie precisely:

Hence the commercial implications are quite simple. Half of my “Bi-Energy” concept which includes electro-magnetic induction belongs to them as a result, consequently it would be more accurate to say that i’ve fixed an American product instead. As a matter of fact i tried to keep VaporGenie informed a few times only to observe that they prefer to ignore it, in fear i might demand a part of their profits perhaps. Which is light-years from my driving motivation, but i understand rumours as this can be persistent, not to mention i’m convinced that once there’s been peer reviews that’s promissing to turn into a Volcano/Arizer KILLER - all based on a same antiquated/obsolete design i came to classify as Hot Dry Air Ovenizers…

Essentially we’re talking about a Do It Yourself project where the owner still respects VG’s patent, while my proposal is to fix it to provide a most enhanced experience ever rendered accessible to the masses, even to consumers with respiratory limitations. You see “Plan-B” offers a “Release/Transport Agent” which is “potentialized” by super-hot water and carbonic gas which both have more specific heat capacity than Hot Dry Air alone, hence the potentialisation feature, which in turn opens the door to convenient “Micro-Bursting” enhancing aroma/taste appreciation, a consumption mode & ritual capable of much better emulation of a smoker pipe than the genuine VG product.

Before the manufacturer recommended long steady draws, now i recommend a pulse mode near “1-Hitter” technique instead…

Which conforms so much better to the “pumping” action used with a traditional smoker pipe, in turn making it somewhat more “stealthy”.

[ youtu.be/XE0ot3MRjkA?t=7m32s ]
(Ref.: Ernest Guimond - Théoda Letondeur, La Berçante, Les belles histoires des pays d’en-haut)

In addition i’ll point out the concept is Induction Heat ready, because i figured it’s no big difference using fire or an IH Driver to inject the “Heat Charge” inside its “Bi-Energy” core, the only limitation being that it is the 17-Holes Metal Disc or similar which temporarily stores a large part of that energy i believe. Now, considering that specific heat capacity in Stainless Steel, for example, is constant for all practical purposes within its range of application that means the Hybrid Core dimmensions ratios actually determine its storage capacity (the “Packetization” effect) since susceptor mass (~¾ g) remains constant inside as well. So in the end Spheres can be adapted for specialized tasks simply based on such constants, plus perhaps control via metallurgic foundry recipes meant to determine a Curie temperature instead of another, e.g. near 400 °F for SS304, as i recall.

But i regret having to insist that i don’t have anything to rent or sell and never have or will. The best i can do is assist in autonomous replication, perhaps i can provide an address where i went to acquire a handful “UFO Elements” which later require to be trimmed down (cut) to the specified dimmensions (or ~1 mm thick). As an alternative i’ve suggested to rely on DynaVap’s “CCD Screen” but the owner was so pissed off by the simple juxtaposition of our ideas this only resulted in more deletions… Hence finding help from there may be a challenge of its own, but that may be worth it if the airflow dynamics and mass are compatible.

In any case keep in mind i only implemented a forgotten feature (fig. 11/12) of VaporGenie’s patent. Without their preliminary work finding a suitable set of materials while defining final air path shapes there just couldn’t be a “Plan-B”, though i don’t think they followed my recommendation when i urged the company to add Induction Heat to their patent as well. Which means this niche application is probably free for the taking except there can be no “Plan-B” and that would be quite a shame, because it would just seem incomplete without the power of fire as a fall-back alternative!..

Hoping these precisions on the real legal/commercial status of Egzoset’s Customized VG Pipe didn’t diminish your appreciation for my “Lava/Wand” /“LavaCapsule” concept:

Or even the “DynaVapsule”, for that matter!.. :wink:

Etc, etc.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for taking the time with me. I will need to read again and digest a bit. Truly fascinating my friend. Have the best day!

Hi there OleSkool830

There’s no need, please feel welcome as the feeling appears to be mutual! :sunglasses:

My suggestion is to give it time to mature, have a diaporama then sleep on it. Those reflexions didn’t come to me suddenly and i had the prototyping platform in my hands to fuel more inspiration.

Honestly i’m just pleased, too bad we’re not a few metro stations away in a same city!

If i may, take the time to integrate and forget, then re-discover then re-forget again. My other advice would be to avoid thinking in static terms as it’s movement which makes it work, with no time left for anything to stabilize.

:wink:

Thank YOU for the support expressed in those good words, no strings attached!

3 Likes

@Egzoset you sir are brilliant! Keep posting here please :heart_eyes:

1 Like

@Egzoset: “My other advice would be to avoid thinking in static terms as it’s movement which makes it work, with no time left for anything to stabilize.”

That advice alone cleared some of the foggy bits. I believe I have identified the path to clarity. Thank you!

2 Likes

Salutations ReikoX,
Hi there OleSkool830,

Please don’t get offended as i realize this is reflecting good intentions, hence thank you very much. But i must confess that focussing on Egzoset doesn’t make much sense both to Egzoset nor even the man behind a fictive creature made of electrons and photons. Talk to me about the problem of clogging screens, then i’ll be able to offer an avenue of solution, using a 3-Phase electro-magnetic Induction Heat driver directly converting battery power into heat and where the main IH function doubles as the engine possibly implementing an ultrasonic “stirrer” capable of promoting “Release” in my LavaCapsule concept, hypothetically. With its 2 Top-of-Bowl Screens kept clean thanks to the improved mobility (e.g. “Transport”), hence providing a self-cleaning function - or for that matter making the capsule design reversible in a simpler single-direction “pass-through” scenario where reversal would allow vaporization of screen build-ups.

All it takes is magnetic poles combined to a 9-poles stator as found in stepper motors, i figured:

So, here’s the center of a LavaCapsule.

With eventual magnetic paths similar to those in a rotor, meant for a complementary IH Driver…

Now we can consider yet a 3rd function which can finally get stacked on top this double-function design: an audio/haptic bidirectional user interface where control can be performed under the form of a vibrator/transducer using no extra parts…

In other words i assure you Egzoset as a topic ain’t this fertile in inspiring the imagination, so if it had been me i’d have separated the author from his creation. One is “beige” both virtually and in reality while all realizations are from a past behind, the other is a rainbow full of promises for the future:

Take note these images are meant as illustrations only…

But i also believe sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words!

Thank you ReikoX, nonetheless! As you can observe right here your kind input boosted my motivation almost instantly, i must admit!..

Yes, it’s important to realize the materials don’t over-heat too much and yet these contribute to a most pleasant experience as a result of this concept’s transitional nature exactly, where delays due to heat propagation are turned into an asset instead of compounding with other problems to solve as before (in Hot Dry Air Ovenizers, for example)…

Still, there are “foggy” matters i haven’t been able to clear to my own satisfaction, dealing with the “burst” scenarios where there’s plenty of heat but only for a brief moment. Previously to my reading here my attention got attracted by a discussion on moist/dry vs “decarboxylation” vs “curing” and i must say it’s still not too clear what’s taking place at the contact-surface of a trichome when the heat wave passes by. In any case i’m most thrilled, one way or another because it feels a lot like playing LEGO, just have a sufficient amount of pieces in the tool-box then exploit every potential feature. I’m thinking of delicate extraction in a 2-step process where the user himself would produce his own pre-loaded doses, using an infinite loop supported by a carousel to continuously feed the IH/Pulse-Mode extractor perhaps. Or multiple Sphere cfg. sets to extend the applications range to specialized missions, etc. In other words what i’m saying is that there’s plenty of fun left to discover as i’ve simply opened a window on possible futures but i can no longer pretend being able to walk this path myself, hence my preference to dissociate the human for a Saint-Graäl of vaporists which revealed itself much like a shape in some wood log that the sculptor says it was already there: all one needs to do is to make it free!

And it is user feedback driven by curiosity which gives rise to opportunities so we can explore a few more options each time, together. Which is most appreciated.

4 Likes

My curiosity is definitely piqued! I’m visualizing a one hitter/taster application to accommodate short burst limitation in the short sight. Pipeload to you sir!

1 Like

Good evening OleSkool830,

Maybe it’s because i forgot to mention why it feels so important to make provisions for an audio/haptic option: inclusivity & safety, for the forgotten users who went visually impared or even lost their sight completely, those who can’t operate a keyboard as a result of lesser agility in their fingers, etc., especially if there’s a risk for serious skin burns.

Going wireless seems most suitable in all those situations, because the owner would conveniently sense it when it vibrates while touching it, despite a dark/noisy environment, for example. All this using only a handful components for the wand, doing more-with-less. A dream come true for designers i think.

There’s a stimulating paradox there, but right now i must bring attention on the fact that interesting novel properties often emerge from the juxtaposition of highly contrasting materials…

In our present layout we find a heat conductor surrounded by a multitude of tiny air pockets behaving as individual heat insulators massively contributing together, themselves contained by a most suitable porous matrix made of Silicon Carbide: which can routinely handle being turned red by direct/repeated torching while remaining inert essentially.

What happens here, besides creating a short-term “thermal bottle”, is the creation of some diode equivalent that affects radiative/conductive/convective heat instead of electrons: in other words a gate controlled by airflow… Which is where it’s essential to consider the problem both under static and dynamic perspectives: once a thermal bottle with heat isolators outside or, on the contrary, a heat generator depending on the movement of a “Release/Transport Agent” to flood the cannabic bowl with energy almost instantly. Then, still by virtue of such gating (“diode”) behaviour, the heat wave is immediately followed by much cooler dry air that shall promote “conservation” - provided the transitional events are steep and their duration kept brief.

That is why “Micro-Bursting” performed under these special conditions transforms into an asset instead of a limitation, hence what seemed like accommodation now turns into a valuable feature, given such tricky considerations!

With the matter of emerging “diode”-like thermal properties created by the juxtaposition of highly different materials it may suddently make sense to seek the best trade-off on an application continuum which i’ve imagined to translate in a slightly similar fashion to this:

On the right we have VaporGenie’s genuine patent, on the left its updated version.

At that point it may be appropriate to decide if a same Sphere configuration would be required to remain functional in a variety of scenarios rendered as inclusive as possible, or over-specialized and perhaps even drop “Plan-B” altogether in the process - and that’s where a manufacturer’s economic choices would kick in i guess.

As far as i’m concerned too short a burst would fall into some disadvantage category when dealing with the worse “Plan-B” application to expect, e.g. based on yellow flames in a fall-back context, as when depending on ordinary jetable butane lighters acquired in extremis at the nearest corner store, for example.

On the opposite side of that spectrum we find “Micro-Bursting”, ideally performed using IH injection complemented with “Potentialization” from super-heated distilled water (or even clean-burning butane). Both aspects assisting each other mutually… Because the later offers the option to use time-compressed Heat Bursts: more potent though even quicker. Which may sound counter-intuitive and yet i remain confident that further experimentation may have more interesting characteristics to reveal and exploit.

As i previously explained my problem-solving approach was to rely on trial & error instead of thermo-dynamic simulations not desirable in the eye of future readers, including myself for starters. It turned out that i often felt as if facing paradoxal or unexpected phenomenons, the fact that less-than-clean yellow flames caused my ritual to shift away from a “Micro-Bursting” profile this much (towards “Mini-Bursting”) is one surprize that puzzled me, to be honest. Hence it only confirmed my preference for simpler and more accessible trial/error probing.

Longer pre-heat pulses induce hesitations leading to operator mistakes, i concluded that had to do with a combination of factors starting with insufficient Radiative Heat attempting to inject the Heat Charge inside my Hybrid Core, which failed to reach a proper energy level in good time… Also i recall i just didn’t like the taste of such “Release/Transport Agent”; intuition may seems to suggest that longer is better (as with Hot Dry Air Ovenizers) though i actually obtained the best overall aroma/taste results only after i started to convert to torching instead of flaming.

In retrospective there’s been less-than-intuitive trade-offs to make until multiple application requirements could be met by a same “Sweet-Spot” configuration, but i feel i’m only piling more conceptualization difficulties than i can dissipate. Appologies!

:pensive:

Well, at least this shows why i simply prefered to just swap the parts around until i got satisfied that everything still worked despite relatively wild variations. In addition, longer pre-heating involves deeper energy penetration of the contact-surface(s) (it’s translation into temperature changes being quite another tricky challenge), making transitional events increasingly blurred as the heat “bubble” gets “stretched” during its transit along the core path. In other words excessive stretching would diminish the contrasted juxtaposition instead of enhancing it, perhaps like a fused (defective/melted) diode junction after it turned into a lossy/parasitic resistor or else.

Those pitfals may prove to be inversely proportional to the contrast which only exists during the transitions precisely, that’s how using an IH Driver as a substitute to fire should prove useful, by making the changes steeper.

Long pre-heating periods seem counter-productive and “Plan-B” is sort of an analog type of technique anyway, while IH injection can be viewed as its digital version offering significantly improved precision from avoiding some amount of pulse stretching as it moves, combined to “Packetization”, etc…

Too bad we can’t go all the way down to a near-zero pulse of infinite amplitude, because making a blue flame this quick & potent would only defeat its “Self-Moisturization”/“Potentialization” feature i’m afraid.

Working on it actively!..

2 Likes

Salutations everybody,
Saluations OleSkool830,

That comment gave me something to think over so i verified with LemonadeJoe if it would be OKay to at least publish coordinates corresponding to the store where i found a precursor to the final hard-to-find “17-Holes Metal Disc” component last year:

I used to refer to this as the “UFO Element” in my on-line postings but the clerks out there know nothing of it, just ask for some conical metal “screen” for smoker pipes instead… Assuming the store still carries such items so they can be transformed later into this:

Here’s the contact information anyway, this is completely separate from me as i do no business nor plan to, not even on-line:

Prohibition
1031, Mount-Royal East
H2J 1X7

1-514-504-5333

Hopefully a brave samaritan might intervein and cut the hard-to-get 1mm thick part for you, or even perform the whole transformation, possibly similar to this:

That’s all i could think of so far, sorry i can’t do better!

3 Likes

UPDATE

( November 2017 Edition. )

This one has a plastic/metal Mating Junction soldered to the neck after it was cut. This renders the insertion/removal and adjustment of this pipe’s PVC Tubing Extension even more convenient.

N.B.: There’s an auxiliary PinHole Spacer 1.2 mm thick which is mounted on the DuckLips MouthPiece, in addition to a main PinHole drilled (#55 dia.) into the Bronze base…

Suggested Hybrid-Core configuration:

3.0 ~ 3.1 mm thick SiC Front Puck
1.0 mm thick 17-Holes (#53 dia. each) Metal Disc cut into “UFO Element”
2.45 ~ 2.5 mm thick Top-of-Bowl SiC Puck, wrapped in Brass Screen

That’s the “Sweet Spot” cfg. cluster i could only dream of many years ago, which makes this a “final” customization version for all i can tell. Please consider replication of this DIY project in order to post peer reviews!!

UPDATE

This is the multi-function Brass Screen. It’s providing resilient mechanical support for the Top-of-Bowl SiC Puck besides shielding against radiative heat (to avoid Hot-Spotting):

This also implements a self-cleaning feature by keeping debris away from my Hybrid Core.

The snapshot below offers clues as to how the plastic-metal Mating Junction was finalized. Notice the auxiliary PinHole Ring mounted between a DuckLips MP and its base?

Which is fall-back compatible with yellow flames but re-designed to benefit from health-wise clean-burning in blue torch flames.

Having more than 1 sphere/cfg. adds to the variety of ritual…

1 Like