A few questions, Hope this is the right place to ask.

I’ve grow a dozen or so autos on a similar quest for one that doesn’t turn off my mother’s brain for her. Bought from several fancy breeders. Had good experiences with all those described as sativa types with energetic highs. Still though, her favorite is a a white label Pineapple auto from HomeGrownCannabisCo. Its not particularly cheap, but just saying you never know where you’ll find a treasure.

7 Likes

I think you are going to have a hard time finding a really sativa auto. Most of the cultivars you are talking about are somewhat challenging to grow inside (many people do) due to the physical size of the plants. Maybe not first-run sort of thing. Long flowering times are usually associated with those (uplifted, energized, mentally functional) effects.

Perhaps something like Cinderella 99? I totally understand your desire to run female seeds. It’s available from Brother’s Grimm, and there’s another VERY REPUTABLE source but those would be regular seeds. That’s kinda middle-ground between things that are quick and manageable and longer-flowering stuff that is consistent with what you are asking for.

I like C99 as functional weed. I really like the Ace Panama x Malawi I grew outside last summer. I’ve got Fem seeds of both if you are willing to try photoperiods.

Maybe just a dark blanket over your tent?

7 Likes

Bubba Trouble from Magic Strains was the best auto I’ve grown for heavy pain. I have a really bad back from my days in the Army as well and need really strong meds. I found heavy indicas to work best for pain personally but the trade off is couch lock to a degree. Some can be more functional but I wouldn’t operate heavy equipment lol. The ADHD I can’t speak to as I’m not familiar enough to really say. Tony Greene seeds just released a Gorilla Glue#4 auto that would probably be very good for pain as well. If it’s as bright in the room as you say I’d stick to autos or find a way to light proof your tent better before running photoperiod strains. It’s tough to lose a plant to hermi issues after caring for it for a long time. Hope you find something to work well for you.

4 Likes

See I have to be functional enough to drive if an emergancy comes up with my girls grandma, Her mom just passed,and I am all she has to get where she needs to go, She cant drive due to siezures. So anything that is gonna couch lock me out wont work.

3 Likes

Kinda covers why I made the post about white label seeds, This plant is SUPPOSE to be a Mexican Red Hair Sativa Auto Fem. So unless it has a 4ft Stretch, Im really questioning the Genetics from Blimburn Seeds…

1 Like

@Ace71975 I’d suggest Auto Zamaldelica - which is Zamal x Golden Tiger crossed with a ruderalis

or Zamal Express - zamaldelica (zamal x gt) x Fantasmo Express

they are both autos ~ 90 day from seedling to harvest - where Zamal and GT each go 90+ days in flower…so expect the auto to ‘cut’ into the sativa-ness of it.

I may have some seeds kicking around…

!

!

6 Likes

that looks awesome!

2 Likes

I would look into strains like acdc, harlequin, harlytsu, sour tsunami something in the low thc range and most of those should be autos

3 Likes

maybe for breeding with a Higher THC strain. I have tried straight CBD, in gummys,extracts,waters,and even straight CBD flower, it did not help at all. I think I am one of those weird genetics people that need the THC pushing it.

2 Likes

Autos will give you some stretch, but if that one gets to 4’ I’d be stunned.

However, in my experience an autos growth structure doesn’t strongly predict the quality of the high it will produce the way it might in a photoperiod, so this plant might still produce what you need.

Also, I’ve found that for us, harvesting on the early end reduced couch lock. I chop around when I see the first gold trichomes on the sugar leaves. That’s about at fully cloudy trichome stage, I just have trouble seeing the difference between cloudy and clear so picked a different indicator.

4 Likes

I read that too somewhere, wasnt sure if it was real or more “bro science”

There’s more than just cbd I’m pretty sure but I would look for broad spectrum cannabinoid plants to figure out what actually helps you, there is a cut called h5 that has an incredible amount of cbg or cbn I can’t remember but that’s just my 2 cents.

Also the autos I’ve grown have varied in size even comparing the same strain, it could be that the sativa side in your pheno isn’t what’s being presented visually.

1 Like

Since you mentioned insomnia. Most any strain taken with a decent amount of amber, should help you sleep.

3 Likes

I think it’s supported by real science, but what I did was partial harvest a few times. Take a branch at a time, 2 weeks apart, label and after dry and cure test the smoke experience. I did some of the testing “blind” by not telling my mother which it was from. Didn’t go to the trouble of arranging double blind. :laughing:

4 Likes

I can’t comment on Autos as I haven’t run any yet. I have bad back pain too. Look for me online at 2-4 am. Anyways, I’ve seen lots of comments about lime strains for pain. Antenna Seeds has a lot of sativa’s, but not Autos.
@FirstCavApache64 if necessary, I’ll take the couch lock if needed. Lately my nerve pain has been bad. Pain meds don’t do much for that. I just try and keep myself stoned as I can. Lately that’s mostly been from some from Genus Seeds. Romulan/Korean Skunk #1 x Killer Chem.

2 Likes

When I still went to the Pot Dr, I always used my time to pick his brain. His call was CBD without high THC wasn’t going to help much. Especially with edibles.

1 Like

I use mainly tincture myself and smoke after dinner usually. I’m hoping this Triangle Kush I’m just starting to flower will be strong pain meds. I hear Wedding Cake is good too and that’s in this round as well. Hope you feel better soon, nerve and back pain suck.

2 Likes

Yes, you are right as when looking at the chemical progression of cannabinoids through oxidation states will result in different effects, I used chatgpt to learn about the biological pathway cannabis plants use to process cannabinoids. Granted you have to finagle a question together correctly but you can learn a lot about it.

1 Like

Here is a starting point to follow the chemical progression of cannabinods in cannabis plants:

Cannabis plants produce cannabinoids through a biosynthetic pathway known as the “terpenophenolic pathway.” This process involves enzymes and various precursors that ultimately lead to the synthesis of cannabinoids like THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) and CBD (cannabidiol).

User

You

What is the precursor for cbd?

ChatGPT

The precursor for CBD (cannabidiol) is cannabigerolic acid (CBGA). CBGA serves as a precursor that undergoes enzymatic reactions, leading to the formation of various cannabinoids, including CBD, through the cannabis plant’s biosynthetic pathways.

1 Like

Got anymore of that staring at the wall herb lol.
Weed for pain relief is dubious IMHO.
I mean it’s no better for me, prolly not as good as
Advil.
Not poo pooin anyone.
I mean it helps some, but not what some folks
Crack it up to be, at least for me.
Better than nothing but that’s it for me.

1 Like