Fast sativas.......show me the way

I grew out a couple of AGs Original Haze x Original Neville’s Haze a few years ago. Most were NOT fast (14 weeks), but one gal was done in 10-11 weeks. Obviously, some of her NL5 coming through, to make her finish so fast. But still grows like a very pure sativa. Pretty fast, I’d say.

I kept a clone of her. She is one of my all time favorite plants. Really nice high.

Maybe worth a try if you find a good one :+1:

7 Likes

I think I get it now, you have a long season but are trying to avoid the main harvest season because they still do traditional prohibition-era eradication there? I would think your best bet would be to construct a shade cloth structure/frosted plastic tunnel type thing so that your plants were not visible, you have the sun and long season that they will still mature but you’ll be able to sleep easier. Then you could just go ahead with the longer season sativas and select mold/blight resistant types?

3 Likes

Plant at the forest edge. Slightly under the tree line. Tie them down and keep them lower than the surrounding weeds. I grew thousands of plants like that over 43 years and only lost a few patches to the law. PS. “Never show your plants to anyone”. :grin:

6 Likes

try amnesia fast from seedsman. finished between 9-10wks.
i grew it out last summer. it finished curing a few weeks ago.
potent sh^t. (in a good way… but kinda lives up to it’s name. i have an idea, leave the room, get to the room i’m going to and forget what the f*ck i went there for.)

3 Likes

Good luck on your search, I am jealous of your weather. I wish the snow would come for 1 day then go with warm weather.

1 Like

In terms of genetics? I’ve been looking into this for southern New England outdoor growing, I’m not on the coast but I am in a large and moist/foggy river valley with some of the same daily humidity problems, especially in the end of season. I had excellent luck this past year with Malana Village sativa hashplant, despite the constant rain and high humidity, and hard dew in the fall, both of my plants made it through without mold or any pests, I did almost no IPM spraying other than a few mists with PureCrop1, on both the full sun- and shade-grown plants. That came from Colorado Sativas as a reproduction of Old World Organics’ collection in Malana over a decade ago. I can definitely recommend that one and I think CS is probably going to be the best source for affordable wet climate sativas, though he only does regs. Seeds from ACE would be my first choice for fems off the top of my head, though you might be able to find some good S1s here from OGs of their favorite fast sativas too.

Oh you filter for my posts in the Landraces Of India thread I posted pretty regular updates with photos there.

Other places that come to mind with your wet warm climate are definitely Reunion Island, thus maybe the ACE Zamaldelica fems or Night Owl Zam Express?

18 Likes

what’s your latitude?

2 Likes

If you want a fast sativa, look no further. You have to get Purple satellite. It Is fast as it was breed to be, at 60 to 70 days. Also it is purplish with pink pistils and very sativa.
A cross of 1979 OAXACAN GOLD PURPLE IBL x NEPALESE SATIVA. from Green Mountain Seeds.
https://northatlanticseed.com/product/purple-satellite-f/
https://northatlanticseed.com/product/new-purple-satellite-r/

21 Likes

seconding the purple sattelite, I grew two girls outdoors this year and pulled them late september/early october, good potent head highs on em, sweet and tasty, and fairly airy buds that I’d bet wont mold a bit. Definitely a strain I plan on keeping around

9 Likes

I 2nd Zamaldelica Express @Jamescoldflame . One of the most Sativa things I’ve grown, photo or auto. Fantastic strain. I’m on roughly 80 days from sprout and could easily harvest now although I’m letting it go a bit longer. Early samples have been primo.

2 Likes

20 bucks to a charity of your choice with receipt and Ill send out Purple Satellite x BSHW to anyone. Given to me by VM.

I also really like this one. Glad I have a few seeds stashed as its sold out now.

10 Likes

You, also, might wanna give “Getaway Mountain Seed” a “look-see”. I would think they’re perfect for you/your area. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

This is old old knowledge, thanks for mentioning it! People have used the canopies of trees for thousands of years like this, when you plant just inside the dripline of a tree’s canopy there are numerous advantages. If oriented on the correct side of a field (usually the north edge), you lose very little solar exposure while gaining natural protection from hard rain and storms, along with irrigation, as the dripline is where a tree canopy sheds the majority of its water, and maintains the most active rootlet zone for its own uses. You get good active soil food web, water retention, and weather protection all at once this way! And if you tie the tips down like @Magu points out, with an adjustable hitch you can keep pulling them over horizontal for more solar exposure surface, as well as keeping them under the field growth for stealth and additional wind protection.

11 Likes

Apollo or anything crossed with it…certainly get some 6-7 week finished indoors, which usually works out to fast outdoors for me.

3 Likes

Who might have some straight apollo beans?

2 Likes

Also if you search and read @MonsterDrank posts about Apollo you’ll hear about the other options, he’s a freak for that girl

I want to be as high as Rick James in this photo!

7 Likes

Cool but I’ll have to find another source. I don’t support Mota rebel he’s not an honest guy.

Fair enough, I think you could get some here on OG from @antheis if asked nicely

2 Likes

going to try this summer outside

Sour Chem Haze (jb sour chem x tom hill haze)
Sour Iron Maiden (sour diesel x a5/thai bx )

hope they are faster than traditional haze, will be a fun project

5 Likes

My fav sativas:
Heavy Kickers Mix Herbies Seeds (it takes 65 days)
Gelato BlimBurn Seeds (60 days)

1 Like